Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The three walls of Constantinople

Default The three walls of Constantinople

Was wondering if the modelling skills of the team currently working on this mod would be able to recreate the triple wall that stood outside constantinople during the dark/middle ages which effectivley kept the city safe from numerous invasion forces.

Would be so cool if you could give a city three walls - I know they managed to make seige mods for like LOTR mod, was wondering if you were thinking of doing this for the East of Rome.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: The three walls of Constantinople

Be sure that you'll see Constantinople as it was back then... we already working on the strat_map models and the Constantinople model will come with the main campaign as the big surprize of this mod...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Sweet, I know this is a dumb question, but are we likley to see a release of this mod within a year or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Sweet, I know this is a dumb question, but are we likley to see a release of this mod within a year or so?
    Yes and no...

Maybe seem for you dumb answer guys also but we prepare sth which you'll really like it and it's not the release... I hope that you'll see it soon... ...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Just asking since this mod has apparently been in dev. for like 4 years or something?

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Hm actually ... no. The mod itself was founded in summer of 2008 but it has been on halt for quite some time. The new team has picked up the mod some months ago. Please be a bit patient with us we are making good progress

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Be sure that you'll see Constantinople as it was back then... we already working on the strat_map models and the Constantinople model will come with the main campaign as the big surprize of this mod...
    Really? That's . .. very impressive. A unique strat map model as well as a battle map model? Very impressive! There isn't any chance that Roma, the old capital, would get similar treatment . . . is there?

Three walls for Constantinople, very impressive and exciting, well done guys

Yeah, that sort of thing makes a mod really appealing. In terms of the battles, I always felt that the seiges were lacking any sort of authenticity, though this should really help. I hope that the AI reacts well to modded battles however, since they already act like a bunch of idiots during seige battles anyway I think you'll have difficulty trying to train them to take out two, let alone three walls.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

oh god oh god oh god i m so excited at this wish you can release the updates and the pics
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I hope you'll be able to bring us the historical Constantinople both on the strat map AND the battle map
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    I hope you'll be able to bring us the historical Constantinople both on the strat map AND the battle map
    This is our goal mate... ...

So ladders and siege towers are useless against Constantinople right? only battering rams can get pass 3 walls...

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Antiochus View Post
    So ladders and siege towers are useless against Constantinople right? only battering rams can get pass 3 walls...
    Depends from many reasons... For example, how many units do you have to defend the city...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

IWTE tool can not pass the game's limitation.
    If a city is a huge one it has huge walls only. AI "reads" that and prepair its siege aquipment.
    The only solution (according to KK's tutorial) is.
    Make two lines of huge walls. Give enough space between them for AI troops to manuevre ladders or siege towers.
    Place the 2nd wall ina layer higher a bit than the 1st one but keep the land side smooth to be used by the AI siege engines.
    Now you can have the low wall as decorative in front of the main walls (like stakes are in some castles) but you must leave huge gaps in it to allow AI troops and siege equipment to pass through to the main walls.
    I WISH i had someone that knows to work IWTE tool. I have a good design about it.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

As long as you know how it works, it shouldn't be a problem! As long as you get three walls, i dont care if there is a lot of space between them! haha, as long as its not.. too much of course.. like 200 yards and stuff.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

So will the Golden Horn be incorporated?
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Guys, its too early to discuss about that.

Honestly I don't think such a thing should be part of the release. Maybe as an add-on later, or someone else as a submod.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

If they managed to make Minas Tirith in 3rd Age mod, then it is possible to make constantinople in this mod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast