Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Factions Preview

gary's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Preview N.2

This looks fantastic the attention to detail is out standing, ok do you have a time when their might be a beta release date sorry i just had to ask.Thanks great work

yes, attention to detail is supurb. If your going to do something, and you have the talent, then do it right!

I think this mod is looking better than any so far, IMHO.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Wow! Outstanding work fellas, impressive detail!

Very good preview. I can't wait for the next one/release.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
    Wow! Outstanding work fellas, impressive detail!
    thx stormy

how much time between EB 1.0?

MORIBVS ANTIQVIS RES STAT ROMANA VIRISQVE
    ArenaPolitica

Fantastic work
    M@gic!
    Zeus be with us...

Words fail me in my appreciation of this!

MAXIMVS's Avatar Libertus

Looking good! Can't wait ...

WOW ! Absolutely stunning! I adore the Gauls. Very much looking forward to this mod.

If I may add some imput however, I believe the mail shirts, hexagonally shaped shields and round broaches to be terribly anachronistic. These 4th C BC units should wear the winged mail shoulder pieces, have curved rectangular or oval shields with simple / no metal boss’ and have long fibulae pinning their cloaks.

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano B

All screenshots are taken from units' actual motions.
    ^^^

WTF? Uh...great preview though! I am looking forward to this mod!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO V
    WOW ! Absolutely stunning! I adore the Gauls. Very much looking forward to this mod.

If I may add some imput however, I believe the mail shirts, hexagonally shaped shields and round broaches to be terribly anachronistic. These 4th C BC units should wear the winged mail shoulder pieces, have curved rectangular or oval shields with simple / no metal boss’ and have long fibulae pinning their cloaks.

my2bob
    Thanks for your precise argumentations, Psycho.

Well, let me say that our mod starts in 338BC and ends in 222BC, so in a timeframe which comprises a part of the 4th century and the greatest portion of the 3rd century, between the Early and the Middle "La Tene" ages; so we can assume that our Celtic warriors should reflect a mix of features related to the two ages.
    Hexagonally shaped shields are represented in ancient art from the 3rd century BC, for example in the Celtic decorations of the cauldron found at Gundestrup in Denmark; something similar, almost hexagonal shields, are shown in a relief from Bormio, northern Italy, dating also 3rd century BC. Hexagonal, oval, rounded or curved-rectangular shields were probably used all together and I didn't found any reference about an archeological evidence which confirms a chronological succesion of these types. The winged shoulder pieces of the mail shirt were used mainly in transalpine Gaul, today's France, and never become popular in Italy; instead, there are Celtic statuettes from northern Italy which clearly show squared shoulder piceces in the style of the "linotorax" cuirasses. About the evolution and the related date of the shield bosses, we can found different opinions among the scholars; Connolly in his "Greece and Rome at War" suggested that there was a sort of evolution starting with the simpler round form and ending with the more elaborated winged types. Others seem to accept that these different types cohexisted together; for example in the book of the Opsrey series "Gallic & British Celts" by Peter Wilcox and Angus McBride, the warriors of the "Middle La Tene" age are shown with winged bosses on their shields; although that's a disputed matter, I retained that feature because it has a very "Celtic" taste. About the rounded clasp I can say that it is represented in several different depctions of early "La Téne" warriors, like in the Opsrey books above-mentioned.
    Last edited by Luciano B; April 24, 2006 at 09:06 AM.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    ^^^

WTF? Uh...great preview though! I am looking forward to this mod!
    I guess it's a preview of a taunt animation of Gauls.

That's a picture of a guys ass?... bizarre! I thought is was a woman! LOL :laughing:
    What the hell?

De La Luna....crazy *****.

"Give us this day our daily dosage of this mod. Amen."

P.S. Original stuff Team, real smooth man. Please release this mod, no one else is touching this mod's content.

Hellas1

Opifex

That's a guy for sure, and he's not afraid to show his enemies what he's made of.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

I love the helmets!

Fantastic work guys... glad to see the progress.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    I love the helmets!

Fantastic work guys... glad to see the progress.

Thanks Asterix.

Well the whole helmet thing was the main part of the modelling work.
    We needed a great variety of helmets to reflect the many different types actually used in that time ...Attic, Italo-Attic, Calchidian, Montefortino, Coolos, Nagau-Vetulonia, Negau-Alpine, Italo-Corinthian, Illyirian, Pilos, Sesto-Calende, Capestrano, Cannae, Thracian, Hybrid-Thracian ...often in almost "infinite" variations for each type.
    Last edited by Luciano B; April 30, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Default Re: Preview N.1

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton Matticus
    Ahhh so thats what it stands for.. your right very catchy!

one more question in regards to SPQR, are the following units hastati, principles, rorarri and triarii just a roman specific unit? or will other factions close to SQPR's boarders have the same if not very similar units? ie Umbri?
    We used specific names like "hastati", "principes", "Triari" etc. only for the Romans, because these names are strictly derived from the Roman military organization which we know from the ancient sources. For example the "hastati" were the soldiers who used the "hasta velitaris" weapon; the "principes" were the soldiers of the "main body"; the "triarii" the soldiers of the "third" line; for the other nations, since there isn't any definite account about their organizations who reports the names belonged to the different units, we used more generic names related instead to their weapons and combat attitudes; so we used simply generic definitions like "ensiferi" (swordmen), "lancearii" (spearmen) ...etc.

The units there are the best I have seen so far , great Job Mates !

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Thanks a lot Prometheus; I'm really honored for you appreciations ...grazie!

You are welcome , I like the fact that all the units are really perfectly historically accurate as can be on what game allows .... Ho ant the best are the shields and helmets ... very good job ! ^^
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; May 07, 2006 at 03:31 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]