Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For Future Releases

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Suggestions For Future Releases

Suggestions Page

Thank you for downloading and playing Rule Britannia. If you have any suggestions for future releases of this mod please feel free to post them here.
    Last edited by AJStoner; November 01, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions For Future Releases

Add more provinces in an enlarged map. I don't mean add new land. Just make whats there larger.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Someone mentioned new faction icons?

Well ok then I will create some. all you had to do was ask.
    done
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

New unit rosters, I will send you my list and research after I've released my beta. All Britannia factions have an historically accurate units and descriptions.

Kine's Avatar Libertus

1. Playing Scotland. FH is married with 3 sons where eldest had already come of age. Yet I keep on getting adoption offers for him EVERY turn for the last 19 turns which is really annoying.
    2. Nobles aren't getting marriage offers so it's kinda sad. I'd imagine even minor lords would be popular with the ladies.

Having fun tho. Awesome mod. Was wondering where all those nobles were coming from who seemed to pop up secretly. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was recruiting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    1. Playing Scotland. FH is married with 3 sons where eldest had already come of age. Yet I keep on getting adoption offers for him EVERY turn for the last 19 turns which is really annoying.
    2. Nobles aren't getting marriage offers so it's kinda sad. I'd imagine even minor lords would be popular with the ladies.

Having fun tho. Awesome mod. Was wondering where all those nobles were coming from who seemed to pop up secretly. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was recruiting them!
    The 1.6 update, due out in a couple of weeks, will fix this by having the Scottish heir married with a child at the start of the game. When the heir has no children at all the game kinda freaks-out and starts throwing adoption offers at you constantly.

have 40 stacks instead of 20

I'm not sure if they fit into the timeline but you could include the first and second baron's wars as scriped events where troops loyal to the Baron's Alliance faction could spawn in England?
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 06, 2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: tried to quote--hit edit

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    I'm not sure if they fit into the timeline but you could include the first and second baron's wars as scriped events where troops loyal to the Baron's Alliance faction could spawn in England?
    Already in there. If the Barons are eliminated they can re-spawn later, just not as a playable faction.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Already in there. If the Barons are eliminated they can re-spawn later, just not as a playable faction.
    Ok, I must not of got far enough into my campaign then. And is their re-spawning the same as vanilla Britannia where they ask you to give capture one of England's settlements for them or do you take control of a town if it rebels due to low public order?

That also works. The Barons will attempt, periodically, to get you to give them a settlement or they can respawn from an English territory if a rebellion occurs there.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Not to sound dickish or put you down, but the quotes in the loading screens really break the immersion. I appreciate the fact that you managed to write a book (actually, that's really ing awesome!), but some of the quotes don't really fit in with the era and whatnot.

Other than that, maybe incorporating a few music mods or a few units would make this mod even more perfect than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Not to sound dickish or put you down, but the quotes in the loading screens really break the immersion. I appreciate the fact that you managed to write a book (actually, that's really ing awesome!), but some of the quotes don't really fit in with the era and whatnot.

Other than that, maybe incorporating a few music mods or a few units would make this mod even more perfect than it already is.
    You can put a copy of the original Britannia quotes file into data/text if the included quotes are harshing your mellow. Some more new units may be added for version 2 once the new map is added--that'll be a few months down the road however, and I'm looking into some new music now but again, likely a version 2 addition.

I actually like the quotes from your book, they give a nice change from the quotes you normally find in historical mods.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    have 40 stacks instead of 20
    I don't know if that can be done. Even if possibile it would cause a lot of people (including myself) major RAM issues.

I believe that's hardcoded as I've never seen it done in any other mods and if it isn't, it would be a bit unfair on people who don't have great computers as they might not be able to handle that number of troops in a single battle.

Personally, since the idea of civilizations already being able to revert to their "Old Ways" has been thusly introduced to the game, can we possibly go a step further?

I think that the Danes and Norweigans should also be given the opportunity to convert back to their ways of Norse Paganism. The ways of Aesir and Vanir. Truth be told, its actually quite logical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:No...ganism_map.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...of_Scandinavia

It took quite a bit of time for the Christians to convert the areas, and even still, long afterwards, there were still influences. What if the invaders saw how "well" the Chrristian God was doing for his people (the English) against these "invaders" and decided to attribute their sucess to the Old Norse Gods...

I think for the Danes it should be after they capture a certain # of settlements (prehaps even invoking the OTHER Danes to try and crush their leeward brothers at the Pope's insistance) and for the Norweigans, it should be after the first Faction Leader dies and the Heir takes the throne. I think for them, it should also be like an every time option sort of thing. New Faction Leader, new chance to convert back and forth.

Also, I think that the more civilzations that break away from the Christian beliefs, the quicker and more severe the French (or the Church) should launch invasion to reclaim the Christian lands.

Btw....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=867

Purely throwing this here. Has several idea that may be useful for the mod as a whole, if you work together with these guys and share ideas.
    Last edited by Otokage; September 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

In fact I have been playing with the idea of having the Danes go pagan as well. Working on some scripts that set up a sort of chain-reaction when one faction leaves the church others will follow.

Since, in the case of the Danes, I am dealing with a single nobleman and not the nation proper I think it is highly workable. I was thinking a three temple system much like those used for Lithuania in the Teutonic campaign: Odin, Thor, and Tyr are the front-runners. Will also need to make some strictly pagan units. The berserkers might get drafted into this role since they actually were a pagan "order."

I just download LK and have been playing a bit when I need to not look at RB for a while. It is a fantastic mod.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It's a small thing and not unique to this mod, but...

Would it be possible to identify the units that do not have the free upkeep attribute? e.g. As a postscript in their info panels. For instance, the English Billmen units for Denmark. It would help when deciding which units to recruit for city garrisons.

I assume that most are free_upkeep so identifying the ones that aren't would be less work than identifying those that are. Or vice versa if my assumption is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    It's a small thing and not unique to this mod, but...

Would it be possible to identify the units that do not have the free upkeep attribute? e.g. As a postscript in their info panels. For instance, the English Billmen units for Denmark. It would help when deciding which units to recruit for city garrisons.

I assume that most are free_upkeep so identifying the ones that aren't would be less work than identifying those that are. Or vice versa if my assumption is wrong.
    All units recruited from the standard city "Barracks" tree are free upkeep without exception--no other units are at all. This is part of the perk of the city barracks building tree which, in general, makes weaker units then the castle barracks.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast