Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

To be honest I've never seen the hotfix either, I guess you'll just have to wait for AJ to see this and hopefully sort it out. But I don't have any problems with Scottish battles so I'm not too sure what it is, did you unpack the game files by any chance?

Thanks for the reply! I just downloaded the version 1.7 installer, which then did the rest.
    I am not aware that I did unpack anything manually myself.
    I suspect that it has something to do with this:

I had the same problem. I suspected the issue was a simple file problem.

LATE MAIL .. the uniform as seen on the Swordsmen Militia. All the other factions have a late mail by default... Scotland does not!

so what I did was I just added a Lmail-lmail-scotland. I used 'merc' skin , copied and renamed 'scotland'.

That is the problem you have man ! If I knew where to find the "skins" I would just try to do what this guy did. Since I could actually fight on the battle map against the scots at one occasion, but then they didnīt have swordsmen militia on the battlefield.

Any idie where to find the above mentioned files?

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    I had the same problem. I suspected the issue was a simple file problem.

LATE MAIL .. the uniform as seen on the Swordsmen Militia. All the other factions have a late mail by default... Scotland does not!

so what I did was I just added a Lmail-lmail-scotland. I used 'merc' skin , copied and renamed 'scotland'.

That is the problem you have man !
    I was referring to this post. Sorry, I wasnīt smart enough to quote correctly.

I just double checked again - seems to be to scots swordmen militia that causes the problem. Everytime I try to battle a stack that has swordsmen militia, game crashes during the battle loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by mazur49 View Post
    I have all expansions installed including BI but I have not unpacked dat files. As a temp solution I took liberty to make replacement texture for those who may suffer the same problem.

Aha! Found it! But where should I put the file?

The "hotfix" by Mazur49 for the "missing" Scots swordsmen militia texture can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=475536&page=7

I simply put it in: Medieval II Total War\mods\Rule_Britannia\data\unit_models\_units\ln_lmail_hmail\textures

And after that I didnīt have any ctds when battling the scots.

Thank you Mazur49!

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I had the Scotland crash when fighting them in Perth as Ireland, but I'll DL the "hotfix" and see if it works.

Sorry for double post, but aw come on! I won the Battle of Perth, hit "end turn" and on the Barons' Alliance turn the game CTD'd. The log says nothing, it was an unspecified error. Seriously?

I guess the hotfix worked then? You could try saving after the battle and then see if it crashes on their turn again just incase it was simply a random crash? Otherwise I'm not too sure what it is, I know there used to be a problem with the script turning the Baron's into England but as far as I know that doesn't matter if you're not playing as them.

Well, I did save afterward and and I did reload it twice, both times it crashed on Barons' turn. Then I started a Welsh campaign and tried to bribe General Nemo of the English, and the game crashed again. So far this is one of my favourite mods, but also the buggiest I've ever played.

All I can suggest is watching the AI turns to see if it crashes on a specific event each time. Otherwise it might be worth completely reinstalling RB and trying again.

It doesn't. I tried that, and once it crashed on Barons' turn when an army entered a settlement (which doesn't make sense) and the second time it just crashed immediately upon hitting Barons' turn.

Well, now I'm playing as Wales. We'll see if I can play a full campaign now, and if I can't I'll reinstall RB.

Playing the Barons (version 1.7) After reducing the English to 4 provinces, I was asked if I wanted to proceed with my claim to the throne - I clicked yes and the game CTDed. I tried several times - to no avail.
    After loading a game I saved exactly after the "proceed with claim" screen appeared, I took the English capital with the result that I lost the game (failed victory conditions - saying MY capital had been taken). Strange.

Any way to get fix this?

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by mmk View Post
    Playing the Barons (version 1.7) After reducing the English to 4 provinces, I was asked if I wanted to proceed with my claim to the throne - I clicked yes and the game CTDed. I tried several times - to no avail.
    After loading a game I saved exactly after the "proceed with claim" screen appeared, I took the English capital with the result that I lost the game (failed victory conditions - saying MY capital had been taken). Strange.

Any way to get fix this?
    Hmmm... Thought this was done with. I'll look into it and keep you posted.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Hmmm... Thought this was done with. I'll look into it and keep you posted.
    Very much appreciated! Thank you!

Here Here!!!!!!!!

Icon1 Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

hi man love the mod have played for months and have had no prob but last night on a Scottish camp it crashed for the first time since i installed, it was unspes error and it happened on the 53 turn at english turn. any ideas?

ps. great mod

pps. i would love to read your novel but the pdf file is gobbledygook could you send me one, i would bye it off ebay but am too skint even for that.
    Last edited by St3vo T; August 30, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

I think I had the same thing in an Irish campaign, but it was Barons.

Bug report:

If you fight a full flag of Welsh vs a full flag of Scottish/Scottish Crusader the game will crash, would be nice to fix that.

P.S

Is it just me that has no music in the background?

P.S.S

Hurry up with that hot seat. <3

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

i have music in my campaign , there is a scottish fix somewhere i used it and never crashed again , im sure its some where on this thread