Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Libertario's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Playing as the Baron's Alliance I conquered the totality of England (set London as my capital), the Scottish Lowlands, Dublin and a couple of regions in Northern Ireland. There are only two English strongholds left in western Ireland. Then, an event popped up saying if I would like to continue with my claim to the English throne. Well, I said yes and then another event appeared saying that I had failed to achieve the victory conditions and that my faction had been defeated. I looked down to the map and all my regions belonged now to the English and I was kicked out to the main menu. Is it a bug or is it just how the BA's game ends?

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

There is apparently an issue with how the BA's victory conditions are set-up. This will be corrected in version 1.7. In the meantime, you can go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_win_conditions and find the BA's entry. Change it to this:

barons_alliance
    hold_regions London_Region Yorkshire
    take_regions 55
    outlive england
    short_campaign hold_regions London_Region Yorkshire
    take_regions 45
    outlive england

I am not sure if this will be save-game compatible or not. If it isn't, go to data/world/maps/base and throw out your map.rwm file and start a new game. Hope this helps.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

One little typo, (that makes the wrong picture turn up, you get the lad with the sword not the "deed") in the Lord of Exeter ancillary ... instead of "Image regional_office.tga" its has a extra Y on the end as in "Image regional_officey.tga" easy to fix, but just thought you would want to know.

Also (one made a note of it, but for the life of me I can't find the damm bit of paper) an epithet desc in the text file is written as epither..and of course as I have changed it, and can not recall which one it is, so I can not tell you which bloody one it is.... opps

On a side note, not a bug that you have caused, it is like it in the CA campaign, but you may be able to "mend" it. Teulu are listed has having two spears Primary and Secondary which to myself, makes no sense and I am guessing was a cock up...wonder if you could maybe change the secondary to a sword as I am sure that they would of used one rather than two different spears/lances ( not sure if it is just a quick change in the EDU or if one has to play around with aminations etc..not done it myself just in case you have to do some changes to other files).

Libertario's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    There is apparently an issue with how the BA's victory conditions are set-up. This will be corrected in version 1.7. In the meantime, you can go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_win_conditions and find the BA's entry. Change it to this:

barons_alliance
    hold_regions London_Region Yorkshire
    take_regions 55
    outlive england
    short_campaign hold_regions London_Region Yorkshire
    take_regions 45
    outlive england

I am not sure if this will be save-game compatible or not. If it isn't, go to data/world/maps/base and throw out your map.rwm file and start a new game. Hope this helps.
    It didn't work, thank you anyway I'll just wait till the version 1.7 is out and ready to download.

I Love this Mod but Take a look at this...SEE Thumbnail
    It's the tulu cavalry unit that belongs to the rebles in the castle just by Glouster on the other side of the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by james.ep3 View Post
    I Love this Mod but Take a look at this...SEE Thumbnail
    It's the tulu cavalry unit that belongs to the rebles in the castle just by Glouster on the other side of the bridge.
    Everyone knows the Welsh are a very small people and often hard to see. Still, I will look into this.

Just had a crash on the latest 1.7 patch. It happened when I ended my turn so I'll go and check if it happens again or if it was just a one-off.

Log
    16:02:29.905 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:02:29.906 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:02:29.962 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:02:29.981 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:02:30.005 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:02:30.028 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:02:30.051 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:02:30.061 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:15:42.687 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>
    : PercentageUnitCategory needs a living character with an army.

when testing <PercentageUnitCategory> condition
    18:17:38.024 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:21:30.442 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:23:03.871 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:24:24.470 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:30:46.371 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:32:30.590 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:35:03.804 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:42:12.239 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: Just reloaded the autosave and played a few turns without it crashing, I guess it was just a random crash then.
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; December 10, 2011 at 01:45 PM.

Hey AJ,

Tried 1.7 last night. Great mod!!

Just a heads up, I noticed that the bat file was missing the word "start" kingdoms and as such RB would not run until amended. I also had a CTD going into my first battle as Scotland ... one of the western rebel towns. I'll try to find out what happened later tonight.

mybob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Hmmm.

Not had it installed before.

Copied to clean M2K Brit installation...Bat file did nothing.

Ran exe to new folder w/o M2K Brit same issue.

Suspect error in bat file as posted a couple of posts up?

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

You guys who are having trouble with the bat file--are you Steam users by chance?

I do have Steam on the system, but not for Medieval 2 & Kingdoms.

Would you be able to clarify whether it should be installed to a clean folder or over an existing clean copy of M2K Brit?

Balla.
    Last edited by Ballacraine; December 14, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I thought as long as you have one of the Kingdoms Campaigns installed it worked fine. I know there was an issue in an earlier release but that was fixed right?

The .bat file that I compiled works just fine. You do have it installed in Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\ right? and not in the Kingdoms Britannia folder? Rule Britannia installer should create its own folder in the MEII mods folder.
    I can attach my .bat file later tonight when I get home if you guys want but I don't think most people are having an issue with it. Sorry
    Last edited by y2day; December 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I certainly would like to try that, please?

If only by way of elimination.

Going by what you said though it could be a folder location issue.
    I have it installed on a subsidiary drive & usually use a seperate clean copy of M2K Brit, renamed to the Mod title, to install all my M2K mods to.
    It is the first time I have had an issue like this though.

Edit:

I have it working. It was a folder installation issue.
    A rejigged shortcut & a little messing with the video settings & I am away.

Thank you!

Balla.
    Last edited by Ballacraine; December 14, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Ok, I keep getting CTD when trying to play battles. Not sure if this helps but I've uploaded my save file here. North Scotland ..and battles with the Norse causes a CTD on the battle load screen. Is there some Norse unit file missing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Bat file did nothing.

Ran exe to new folder w/o M2K Brit same issue.

Suspect error in bat file as posted a couple of posts up?

Balla.
    Yer, I had the same problem. If you just edit the bat file and on the 2nd line type the word "start" before kingdoms, save and it should work for you. Did for me at least.

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

For those of you who are having trouble with battles involving Norse factions, please use the attached EDU and let me know if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Just had a crash on the latest 1.7 patch. It happened when I ended my turn so I'll go and check if it happens again or if it was just a one-off.

Log
    16:02:29.905 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:02:29.906 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:02:29.962 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:02:29.981 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:02:30.005 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:02:30.028 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:02:30.051 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:02:30.061 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:15:42.687 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:17:38.024 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:21:30.442 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:23:03.871 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:24:24.470 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:30:46.371 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:32:30.590 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:35:03.804 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>

18:42:12.239 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: Just reloaded the autosave and played a few turns without it crashing, I guess it was just a random crash then.
    Those "processing errors" are meaningless ignore them. There is actually an application in the downloads some place that will remove them from the log though I can't recall what its name is.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    For those of you who are having trouble with battles involving Norse factions, please use the attached EDU and let me know if this helps.
    Ok .. I tried the new export_descr_unit.txt and now I can't open the saved game.

my2bob
    Last edited by PSYCHO V; December 15, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
    PSYCHO V

I used the download link in this folder for version 1.7. When I opened the file, the installer ran. When I was asked where to create the file, I pointed it to the /mods folder. However, it did not create a folder in there. When I tried using the desktop icon, a black text box briefly appeared, then nothing happened. This looks like a very fun mod, and I'd really like to get to try it. Any help out there?

It should default to the mods folder, have you installed M2TW in another location? Also, are you a Steam user?