Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Are you playing 1.6? there was an event script error in 1.5 that would sometimes crash during the BA turn.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

I'm playing 1.6.

Alright, I'll go through the scripts and see if something slipped through; I'll post whatever I find tonight. If you have a saved game from a few turns before you might try loading that--sometimes game files become corrupted. I'll also check with Kaiser Leonidas since I know he's finished at least one game with Denmark, maybe he noticed something.

I had the same error a few turns before.
    But "fixed" it by conquering a settlement.

This time i didn't have any army available to do that.

I had the exact same error ages ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    My game just crashed when I tryed to load my Baron's Alliance game. Here is the log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:31:17.136 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I haven't downloaded the latest patch yet though so I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit: That saved game still won't load but i started a new campaign which has been working perfectly so far with the newest patch.
    As you can see I had to start a new game but I haven't had anything like it since so I'm not sure what's gone wrong for you as it was on an older patch and you say your on 1.6.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

RayCP,

Open the medieval2.Rule_Britannia.cfg file found in the Rule_Britannia folder.

Remove the (;) shown below in red. Then run the game, and check out your log file again. Search for "error". If you find one that isn't in the last line post it here, or you can attach the log file to your post and one of us will take a look at it.

[log]
    to = logs/RB.system.log.txt
    level = * error
    ;level = * trace
    ;level=*script* trace

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

wereturnip's Avatar Tiro

Let me start by first saying, this is without a doubt one of the greatest mods I have played to date. Installation was incredibly easy, the game runs fine with no glitches that I have noticed.

However, I have a question, and I wasn't really sure where to post this. When I hit the Hourglass to end turn, the other factions turn seem to take a long time, with lagging movements on the models that I can see. Is this supposed to be this way? or Perhaps it's something that I'm doing in settings. (I've been running it on a lower setting with campaign shadows turned off.

Regardless, the Mod more than makes up for the wait until your turn again. I was just basically curious. Thank you for your time, and a great mod.

Modeler Skinner Animator

Thank you kindly, glad you are enjoying it. The lag is because of all the interactive events. We've streamlined them as much as possible but since there are over 2,000 active counters it creates a little drag. Fortunately having only 9 factions keeps the delay in the tolerable range.

Alright, y2day.

The log file attached.

I would've tried to find the error myself, but I i basicly just understand nothing of this.
    And work calls.

Thanks a lot for the help though!

PS. The txt file 8 mb. so I made packed it into a rar file.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Well it isn't telling me much. AJS do you see anything in that?

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Nothing; and I can't find any issues relating to the BA involving scripts. I hate to give a non-answer but it is possible this is just a bad save game. I've had that happen to me before and always keep two saves, going back and foth between them every five turns or so for that reason.

EDIT: A thought: Are you playing off an installer version of the mod or are you using the data folder in another mod's launcher? If it's the latter, and the CFG file doesn't disable the cache, that could cause a problem--especially if the mod has been patched to 1.6. If that's not the case than attach you save game here and I try to run it, maybe I'll have more luck finding something that way.
    Last edited by AJStoner; November 01, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

I'm playing the installer version. I think.
    Well I basicly just installed it, and been running it from steam ever since.

Save game attached.

I'll try using two savegames from now.

Unfortunately I couldn't run the save game with my version of RB since I am in the process of upgrading it to 1.7 and the changes rendered it non-compatible. Sorry. I would suggest starting a new game. I haven't had any other reports of this with 1.6 so it was likely a save game problem.

I just tried that save with follow AI moves on and toggle_fow and it crashed when a Welsh diplomat attempted to speak to someone, I didn't who it was as it crashed Here is my log just incase it says anything:

16:32:56.897 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:32:56.898 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:32:56.954 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:32:56.972 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:32:56.996 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:32:57.019 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:32:57.065 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:32:57.075 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:37:58.864 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by boogg View Post
    it happens after I install and load up the mod when it starts up it goes to black screen. i try running it later but it says problem with rome total war even thought its in the mods with the other kingdoms stuff. its not on steam. i try to use both the installer and data method

i also have the westores and lotr mods any help

I am also having this black screen problem,not using steam.updated to kindoms 1.5..no other mods..Not unpacked anything all as is..Thanks for any help

If your M2TW is installed in a non-standard location you may need to use the data folder installation method described in the main post of the "Downloads" thread.

Last edited by Kosa; November 09, 2011 at 04:11 AM.

It's a victory condition for BA to defeat England, though it looks like you don't have enough territories for that. When you say the game is "over" do you mean you got the victory announcement or that the game stopped working. If so, did it say you lost?

EDIT: There were some issues with incorrect victory conditions--not sure if BA was one of the affected factions--that have been fixed for 1.7 which should be out by the end of the month.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Missing tgas in the UI folders, for slaves, for Gaelic Archers. See pic.