Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Hi there! First off want to say big thank you for this mod, an exceptional piece of work and something you should be proud of and I am grateful for. I'm currently having what looks like (according to the forum) a fairly common problem with my game crashing when I enter battle with a Scottish army including swordsman militia. I can see there are fixes to this available for download but all of the links to the relevant page in the forum do not work. Can you please direct me to a fix for this problem?
    Thank you!

Hi, the links in this thread look like they're still working for me. Just follow the instructions to install the hotfix.

Let me know if you have any more problems, and enjoy the mod!

That worked great, thank you!

Queaiser thanks for the linkk with the scotland fix i love youuuuuuuuu! My campaing was stopped for that problem.Now i can continue conquering the north! ^^

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm getting CTDs everytime I fight a battle with the Danes when playing the English. Whats goin on?

Hello.! First of all congrats and job well done for your great mod and imo the best for the Britannia campaign..! l love it but i have a problem.! I play with the Scots and when i try to siege a city of the Rebels or other nation like the Barons alliance it CTD with a message that MTW2 have an error or something so it stuck there i can hear the music and i get to open the task manager to end the game.! If i play the siege auto i am cool, but as you guys can see i want to play most of my battles.! In a classic battle it does not give me a CTD.! I applied the Scots fix and had copy/paste in the folder you say.! I just can't play the sieges.! My rig is 1080TI 11GB, I/7 8700K 6 cores 3.7 and 16 GB DDR4 and i play the games 4K but this 2K because it does not let me choose 4K it downgrade it in the options menu every time.! I have all the newest drivers for my GPU/CPU/Motherboard and i play it with win 10x64.! Thanks in advance and i hope there is a solution or a workaround .!??

Well with the Enlglish i can't siege too the same problem..! And i love your mod.!!
    Last edited by Basil the Second; December 10, 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Could you let me have the two downloads from here? Mega is blocked in my neck of the woods, so if you could upload them somewhere (I use mediafire.com) then I could have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Could you let me have the two downloads from here? Mega is blocked in my neck of the woods, so if you could upload them somewhere (I use mediafire.com) then I could have a look.

Hi Gigantus, hopefully this link should work for you? Just downloaded the files again, and added them to a WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/t-ILSWO43pvl

Blog Entries

Appreciated, downloading right now. It might be a couple of days before I get some time to look into it as I am busy with Cent Ans right now.

Edit: tried three times, failed every time about half way with a 'Interrupted: Server Problem' message. Maybe upload to mediafire.com, simply zip the two into one upload.

Edit2: trying now to download individually - managed so far with the scotland hotfix

Edit3: no luck with the main installer, please upload somewhere else
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2019 at 12:36 AM.

No problem, sorry about that. I've uploaded them as a .zip to Mediafire, so hopefully this should work?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qf4eb...+Britannia.zip

Blog Entries

Thanks, on it now.

Blog Entries

Installed it eventually and will have a look what the siege\battle issue might be.

Edit: corrected a number of things before even testing the battle issue

corrected mismatched historic_event texts (causes crash)
    corrected invalid EDCT references
    moved declaration of counters before first use (script)
    removed invalid script references to buildings
    provided full set of sound text files for proper sound generating
    provided missing 'xyz_name' entries in export_buildings
    provided missing unit sprites
    corrected invalid code in script
    provided missing character name entries
    removed surplus files (lookup, enums, model files)
    provided automated installer

I did a siege battle england\rebels and had no problems (providing the missing files might have done the deed), other then the 'flash' button not working. Not sure where that is linked.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2019 at 04:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Gig Studios proudly presents

Rule Brittania 1.7 - Steam compatible

For details see here

Hey guys,

After playing (after some years, obviously) the Brittania mod I found this and love it. The wealth of detail and effort that clearly has gone/went into it is incredible. The only issue is that I'm finding is the mod is prone to random crashes and now, after playing the English for 40 or so turns, it is crashing every time half way through the opponent's turn, even when I turn the "view opponent's move" option off. Therefore, I can't even get to the next turn, which is immensely frustrating.

I appreciate this is a very vague description at present; is there any way for me to post a log/other details so that a diagnosis can be made?

(By the way: love the idea of the suffix "of two minds" if you don't commit to the attack...)

Just click on "go advanced" and click on "manage attachments" then click on upload and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Just click on "go advanced" and click on "manage attachments" then click on upload and take it from there.
    Guys,

I managed to get the log working (by using an excellent other post on this site) but it's now too large to let me upload. Is the following excerpt from the end, where the error is logged, any use? It seems to me (although I'm not a coder) that the bit I've highlighted in bold is the problem...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:00:53.798 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.799 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.799 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.799 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.799 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.803 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.803 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.803 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/welsh_lose_caernarvon.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.803 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 300 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.804 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.804 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.804 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.804 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.804 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga
    19:00:53.806 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga.dds
    19:00:53.806 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.806 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1E0C9B60,199976
    19:00:53.806 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/english_take_caernarvon.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 302 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 1923 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <wales_aid2> = 1
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 1925 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 1959 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 1977 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/catholic_generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/catholic_generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/catholic_generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.830 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/catholic_generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.831 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.831 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    19:00:53.831 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga
    19:00:53.831 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/196.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    19:00:53.831 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 1979 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.832 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 8499 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.845 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/wales_gets_ireland.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.845 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/wales_gets_ireland.tga.dds
    19:00:53.845 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/wales_gets_ireland.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:00:53.905 [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    19:00:53.905 [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    19:00:54.141 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 15, 2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spoiler added.

did you use 7-zip? bc if so then that's your problem.

Blog Entries

Could be something with this event pic (mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/wales_gets_ireland.tga) or the script part with that event itself, eg something it triggers.

And simply compress the TXt file (7Zip is freeware), it will shrink to about 5% of it's size, if not less. then attach it.

Gents,

Quite right: even winrar was able to compress the file to just 280k. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that

M2TW.system.log.rar

I think that's done it. Any help gratefully received. As an aside, I really don't think this is a performance issue, for two reasons: firstly the computer runs far more intensive games without difficulty (think Dishonored 2 on high resolutions) and secondly the crash is happening at exactly the same point in the opponent's turn (after the Baron's Alliance move all their ships) each time.

Blog Entries

1. The game uses only one core and it needs min 2.6Ghz core speed, if you don't have the speed then you may have performance issues
    2. The crash happens directly after the event below, so I am guessing something triggered by it is not supported by he necessary files. A look into the script may shed light on that. Compress the campaign_script file and attach as well. It's not the supporting picture of the event as far as I can see
    [coe]19:00:53.832 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 8499 in mods/rule_b/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:00:53.845 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/rule_b/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/wales_gets_ireland.tga[/code]