Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

You can leave the quotes out completely, they have no influence on game play - the game will then use the original quotes you see in the main campaign. You will however also need to remove the data\descr_quotes_lookup.txt file (if present) to avoid any issues.

Is there a way to pass minor events as everytime i defeat Norway i get CTD and i cant seem to fnd a work around for this ? i have used both steam version and cracked version and both versions even though on different hard drives cause the same issue. I also used to have alot of issues previously as you may remember my name but i have a whole new pc now and thought maybe it was my old setup causing the isssue but it would seem maybe the "Scotland" campaign is totally unplayable no matter what you do ? i can send crash info if you need be but i can assure you its CTD with the minor event defeat Norway.

Is there a way to pass minor events as everytime i defeat Norway i get CTD and i cant seem to fnd a work around for this ? i have used both steam version and cracked version and both versions even though on different hard drives cause the same issue. I also used to have alot of issues previously as you may remember my name but i have a whole new pc now and thought maybe it was my old setup causing the isssue but it would seem maybe the "Scotland" campaign is totally unplayable no matter what you do ? i can send crash info if you need be but i can assure you its CTD with the minor event defeat Norway.Is there a way to pass minor events as everytime i defeat Norway i get CTD and i cant seem to fnd a work around for this ? i have used both steam version and cracked version and both versions even though on different hard drives cause the same issue. I also used to have alot of issues previously as you may remember my name but i have a whole new pc now and thought maybe it was my old setup causing the isssue but it would seem maybe the "Scotland" campaign is totally unplayable no matter what you do ? i can send crash info if you need be but i can assure you its CTD with the minor event defeat Norway.

[QUOTE=dave1984;16079669]Is there a way to pass minor events as everytime i defeat Norway i get CTD and i cant seem to fnd a work around for this ? i have used both steam version and cracked version and both versions even though on different hard drives cause the same issue. I also used to have alot of issues previously as you may remember my name but i have a whole new pc now and thought maybe it was my old setup causing the isssue but it would seem maybe the "Scotland" campaign is totally unplayable no matter what you do ? i can send crash info if you need be but i can assure you its CTD with the minor event defeat Norway.

sorry dont know why it duplicated, also i noticed you dont have the file LN_Lmail_Hmail_scotland.texture and i cant seem to download this manually, perhaps is this missingh file leading to the CTD's ?

Can u send the system log on here so i can take a look at it? I will try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Can u send the system log on here so i can take a look at it? I will try to help you out.
    i gave up but tried again on a different set up. i strongly believe on gigantus 1.7 installer there is a glitch in the norweigen team.. a faction leader that when you kill it CTD's straight away giving the error in the log of ...

18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/captain banners/captain_card_scotland.tga,,not found18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/captain banners/captain_card_scotland.tga,11132
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/captain banners/captain_card_scotland.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/captain banners/captain_card_scotland.tga,,,11132
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/captain banners/captain_card_scotland.tga,,,-11132
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/199.tga,,not found
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/199.tga,26540
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/199.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/199.tga,,,26540
    18:56:19.693 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/199.tga,,,-26540
    18:56:21.041 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting
    18:56:21.041 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting,,not found
    18:56:21.041 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting,,not found
    18:56:21.041 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting,186
    18:56:21.041 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:56:21.042 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    18:56:21.042 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    18:56:21.042 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/morning_fog.lighting,,,-186
    18:56:21.042 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    18:56:21.042 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 168EA6B6 against faction 168E9B8E
    18:56:21.045 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/199.tga
    18:56:21.045 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/199.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    18:56:21.045 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/rule_b/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/199.tga
    18:56:21.045 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/199.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    18:56:21.935 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    18:56:21.935 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    18:56:22.220 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have tried this on different pc's and hard dives and all kinds of different set ups and allways no matter what when you kill norway this happens.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213