Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Thanks for pointing that out; no problem is too small to report. I'll fix it now, in fact, as I'm working on the events text anyway.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

I got a crash when ending turn 38, playing as the Danish. Tried multiple times, same result.

Log:

14:55:36.976 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:55:36.976 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:55:36.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:56:05.661 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Edit: Not sure if this is the correct one. Took this log from the VirtualStore folder, not sure if its the same result if the files/folders are inside my real Medieval 2 directory.
    Last edited by Freezer; October 05, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

It's best to disable the virtual store for M2TW. Will save you a great many headaches. Right log, just an unspecified error. New version of RB will be ready for download in a little over an hour.

I've installed the patch but it still says that it's version 1.05 on the options menu. Is it supposed to still say this or did you just miss it out?

That's because this is set by the CFG file which isn't updated by the patch, you're fine. It will only show as 1.6 in "Options" if you used the new installer. The new files are the same for both the patched and new installer versions however.

Is there another download link? I've been trying to download the installer from your main link 4 times today and it's failed....sometimes at 256mb...of the total 299Mb

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

I get garbled message when the Guild wants a priest recruited. Maybe the txt document isnt complete? Also why do sumtimes when my settlements are under siege do I get grey shaded(rebel colors) units in those cities? Is it a garrison script perhaps if so make it englidsh units that appear instead?

Quote Originally Posted by gotrek View Post
    Is there another download link? I've been trying to download the installer from your main link 4 times today and it's failed....sometimes at 256mb...of the total 299Mb
    You can also download from Strategy Informer but you can only get the 1.5 version there so you will need the 1.6 patch, also downloadable at SI.

SI Mod link:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mod/39718.html

SI Patch link:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mod/40151.html

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I get garbled message when the Guild wants a priest recruited. Maybe the txt document isnt complete? Also why do sumtimes when my settlements are under siege do I get grey shaded(rebel colors) units in those cities? Is it a garrison script perhaps if so make it englidsh units that appear instead?
    Regarding the garbled mission text: I forgot about this, sorry. I changed the guild system and neglected to update all of the guild mission text entries. This will be corrected in the next patch.

The rebel-shaded units are "Town Folk" and "Town Folk Archers". They are special peasant units that are generated in a besieged city provided the local population is happy enough. Essentially, they are Peasants and Peasant Archers with slightly increased attack, defense, and morale because they are protecting their homes as opposed to being conscripted.

They have a generic texture used for every faction because I didn't want them wearing livery colors since they are meant to simply be local residents arming themselves and coming out to fight on their own initiative.
    Last edited by AJStoner; October 07, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks the SI link work right away.

for some reason after we get gunpowder and build gun buildings in one of the settlements the game crashes

Will look into it.
    *What version are you playing? (1.0, 1.5, or 1.6)
    *What installation type do you have (installer version, data folder in another launcher, etc)
    *What does the log report say? (Medieval II Total War/logs)
    *Did you attempt to activate the buildings in the cannon tree that the mod disables? (Don't)
    Last edited by AJStoner; October 09, 2011 at 07:48 AM.

1.6 and it crashed for all versions

I have just tested this and can't find any problem. I can build both the gunsmith and cannon_maker and recruit all associated units with no trouble. Did you make any alterations to the files?

Please post a copy of your log since I can't really tell you much without seeing it. Also, if you have not deactivated your virtual store for M2TW you should as this will often cause difficulties. There is a tutorial on doing this on the site's Tech help page.

the last time the game crashed i was creating buildings for the settlement wick

I'll check out Wick then.

Hi.
    Love the mod (with another AI would be better), and I came across a deal breaker (for me) that I don't know if it's a bug or not. The wonders vanish if the settlements are taken : I took the Stonehenge town with 'occupy' and Oxford as a cease-fire deal and they both disappeared.
    If it's intentional, then what's the point?!
    Other than that (and the lame AI- suppose it's the original) the mod's great, thanks for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Messremb View Post
    Hi.
    Love the mod (with another AI would be better), and I came across a deal breaker (for me) that I don't know if it's a bug or not. The wonders vanish if the settlements are taken : I took the Stonehenge town with 'occupy' and Oxford as a cease-fire deal and they both disappeared.
    If it's intentional, then what's the point?!
    Other than that (and the lame AI- suppose it's the original) the mod's great, thanks for your work.
    Okay, this is due to a redundant script regarding the destruction of religious buildings. This will be corrected for the next release but it is also VERY EASY for you to fix and requires no modding skill. Also it is a save-game compatible fix.

*Open to data/export_descr_buildings
    *At the bottom of the document you will find the entries for stonehenge and the white horse.
    *For each, at the start of the line which reads "religion pagan" and put a semicolon as shown below:

Code:
    building hinterland_wonder_white_horse
    {
        ;religion pagan
        levels wonder_white_horse
        {
            wonder_white_horse city requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, greek, middle_eastern, }  and hidden_resource wonder7
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    happiness_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    law_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    religion_level bonus 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  40 
                cost  50000 
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    building hinterland_wonder_stonehenge
    {
        ;religion pagan
        levels wonder_stonehenge
        {
            wonder_stonehenge city requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, greek, middle_eastern, }  and hidden_resource wonder6
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter i_robot 0
                    happiness_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    law_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter i_robot 1
                    religion_level bonus 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  40 
                cost  50000 
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    Last edited by AJStoner; October 16, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thank you. Prompt and professional.
    I haven't got to test Canterbury cathedral and the London Tower, just have another look when you can.
    Thanks.

I accidentally deleted Rule Britannia soi I downloaded it again but now it crashes every time I try to start it. I downloaded the 1.6 installer from megaupload if that helps.

Log
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    11:31:44.522 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    11:31:44.532 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    11:31:44.572 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    11:31:44.572 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    11:31:44.572 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    11:31:46.483 [system.rpt] [error]