Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug reports

I think I caught a bug that needs dev support to fix...

As I mentioned in toon's thread about the RS2 environment addon for heg, I deleted the original map.rwm after installing the addon. I tried a custom battle or two - everything ok, except that "potidaia's" coordinates correspond to a sea square (no big deal).

When I tried to start a new campaign, I got kicked out to the main menu

I deleted again the map.rwm, tried again a new campaign, failed.

I uninstalled/reinstalled heg, everything plays ok - I delete map.rwm (to test) and again kicked out to main menu

There appears to be some sort of "misalignment" between the map files that generate the map.rwm and the campaign descr_strat definition - something that is "masked" by the already existing map.rwm in the base map folder. So, maybe a dev can check this one out - until then I'm not deleting my map.rwm again

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

Is it normal for Sparta to have the barbarian voice scheme?

Downloaded installer has stopped and shows this message repeatedly.

cannot creating the following file:
    \htc\data\UI\GREEK\BUILDINGS\???\#GRREK_ETRUSCAN_LEAGUE$$A
    You will have to run this utility again to completely install Hegemony City States.

Does uploaded file have something wrong?
    Last edited by mochi; August 24, 2011 at 07:37 AM.

XMythX's Avatar Laetus

I also think that Syracuse has the barbarian voices? correct me if I am wrong though.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

yes syracuse,has barbarian voices...damn,the greek pre battle speeches were so nice...hehe
    btw i think i found smth,i dont know if it can be consider as a bug...sorry if its been mentioned before but 6 pages of reports are too long to read...sorry again.
    anw the mounted javelins,dont work well,the range they do start to skirmish is longer than the range the start to fire...so they just run near the enemy...

Noticed that the rear rank of hoplites when in attack keep Spears in the air threw the whole battle! Is this a bug or what looks strange to me.....

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

that's the new animation
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

And is it normal for hoplites to kinda 'punch' the enemy with the handle of their spear when in close combat? Because they all carry swords at their sides, and in vanilla i believe they could/would take out their swords and put away the spears when the enemy got into close-enough combat.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Steforian View Post
    And is it normal for hoplites to kinda 'punch' the enemy with the handle of their spear when in close combat? Because they all carry swords at their sides, and in vanilla i believe they could/would take out their swords and put away the spears when the enemy got into close-enough combat.
    that's because of the phalanxs, if these hoplites had swords they would charge with them and rarely use their spears

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

a few more things:

akragantine hoplites in Lipara?

apparently Carthage is not the problem, because when I played with Syrakousai their UI was fine. The problem must be something else.

as you can see their is an army in this city but it doesn't show, neither does the "empty flag" hang above the city.
    I've had this with multiple cities (only Ionian Cities' settlements), and you can't attack them because most of the time the game CTD's

I've played a good chunk of a campaign with three nations now, and every time Sparta turns into this beast, they're unstoppable!

on another note, Persia has allot of problems with rebellion. For example on Cyprus, after a while of the settlements will have rebelled, and they'll just be standing there with their armies. One of the settlements (salamis?) always rebels to Athens, and therefore after a while Athens conquers Cyprus.
    (\/ \/)

Default Save game folder missing...

Hi this may be a stupid question or an already answered one but where is my save game file? i looked for it in the usual spot but i couldnt find it. Im using windows 7 if that helps...
    oh btw this mod is sweet and this has been my only proplem so far except for when ever i exit the the game is acts like ctd... but thats not really a problem because im trying to exit the game anyway

thanks in advance
    "To die with honor is to live forever" :sparta:

nevermind my post. I found it a couple minutes afterwards.
    Last edited by total war lover; August 29, 2011 at 04:36 PM.

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

I'm playing with the Etruscan League, and I can't seem to get an army onto ships. After a lot of tries I managed to get the General on, but all the other troops just can't join.
    Whenever I try, it shows the merge army scroll, even though there's no army on board.

The fleet consists of pentekontoroi and the army mostly of Latinoi ... something (can't remember the exact name). I've also tried sending one unit at a time. Didn't work. Should it be of any importance (but I highly doubt it), I'm trying this on the West side of Italy (near Rome).

Also, a lot of Etruscans buildings lack icons, but that's probably down to this being still a bèta.

But in general, the mod looks great.
    So keep up the good work.

Frangy's Avatar Foederatus

that happend to me to I am freking out please tell me how did you corrected it

not sure if this is a bug or what but im playing Sparta and im at war with the The Boeotian league and i had almost beat them they only had 3 citys left but when i conquered just one of the citys its said faction destroyed and there remaining 2 citys had been given to the rebels O.o but i thought you had to conquer all a factions settlements to destroy them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainezy View Post
    not sure if this is a bug or what but im playing Sparta and im at war with the The Boeotian league and i had almost beat them they only had 3 citys left but when i conquered just one of the citys its said faction destroyed and there remaining 2 citys had been given to the rebels O.o but i thought you had to conquer all a factions settlements to destroy them ?
    Nop. Just as in Vanilla or any other mod, if you kill their last family member the faction is dead.
    So if you had killed all his other FM's and their last one (faction leader) was in the city you conquered, that's probably what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    Nop. Just as in Vanilla or any other mod, if you kill their last family member the faction is dead.
    So if you had killed all his other FM's and their last one (faction leader) was in the city you conquered, that's probably what happened.
    awesome thanks for info i cant believe i forgot that tehe
    Last edited by Bainezy; August 31, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Please help! I NEED to play Hegemonia ASAP! While installing, the setup runs for less than 10% before giving me this message:

Hegemony City States has not been totally installed because of the following reason: hcs\data\items\hanging_gardens_of_babylon.item. This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD)

Any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

You could try downloading the installer again.
    I don't really see another reason why the installing would fail.

sounds like an unclean version of either your original install of RTW or the installer for HCS
    (\/ \/)