Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Silversilo View Post
    Hello

I get a CTD during the opening loading screen. My case might be a little unusual, as I'm using a MacBook pro with Winehelper installed to help me run PC mods on my Mac version of RTW. I have RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6, but still get this CTD every time. I've been able to run other mods on a mac by simply making the RomeData image Read/Write and copying the modfolder.
    This might be a little out of left field for most of you, but if anybody can spot where I went wrong please let me know.

This mod looks amazing btw
    I have the same problem...

Is there anyone who can help me? ?

Guys, i have CTD when i'm loading a campaign, in the loading bar...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian Strategos View Post
    Crap. I installed it at RTW not BI.. imma give it a try.
    yeah just drop it into the BI folder, should take 5 seconds no need to reïnstall or anything
    Did that work?

Laetus

Here is my problem, I am also getting a CTD almost instantly after the game starts up, I'm assuming the two are connected.

The game crashes on exit. It gives an errorless message "Barbarian invasion has stopped working bla bla bla".

If it can help figuring out why it behaves like this, I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64. The shortcut properties are:
    Target: "D:\Rome - Total War Anthology\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

EDIT: playing with Sparta it crashes on the beginning of Athen's second turn, with Syracuse on the beginning of Argos' third turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    I have the same problem...

Is there anyone who can help me? ?
    If it crashes on the first loading screen, be sure ALL the contents of the mod are in RTW\BI\hcs, and NOT in RTW\hcs. I had some of the content in the first directory, and the remaining in the second, really wonder why. After moving everything to the first, the game started and was able to play.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 16, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    yeah just drop it into the BI folder, should take 5 seconds no need to reïnstall or anything
    Did that work?

Yes thank you very much!! Sorry for late reply but was playing with the Ionians vh/vh it owns

No problems so far with me but im using normal size units as recommended..

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

1.the mod needs a clean installation of rome and barbarian invasion,you can have other mods but but in their modfolders like heg.

2.if you want to reload a save while you are in the campaign map,or you want to return to the main menu and start a new campaign
    press "esc" when the scroll with the quit option shows hit the "?" on the top right corner,this will terminate the background script and you will not face script problems on yout reloaded or new game.

3.the ctds in the campaign map are always the same and for the same reason?i tried almost everything and didnt had a problem,it might be my unresolved problem...i need to know the cities that were besieged when these ctds appeared,it might has to do with the background script.

4. the folder of the mod is called "hcs" and it should be in the folder that is called "BI"

5.this is how you make a shortcut,thanks Woestelingh (options are like rtw)

1- In your game folder (in program files), right-click with your mouse on the RTW-BI.exe (or other Barbarian Invasion exe if it has another name on your PC).
    And click "Create shortcut" in the menu.

2- Now you will have another file in your game folder called "Shortcut to RTW-BI". Rename this file to f.ex. "Hegemonia" altho this is not necessary, it will be easier to remember which one you need next time you play.
    You can put this file anywhere you want, either leave it in the game folder or move it to your desktop.

3- Right-click with your mouse on the newly created shortcut file, and select 'Properties'

4- In the properties menu, the first edittable line (not sure what it's called in English, something like Target? in Dutch) will say:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" or something similar.

Copy-paste this info behind that Target line:
    Code:
    -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm
    So now it will say something like:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

5- Click OK to close the Properties menu, and use this new shortcut (called Hegemonia if you changed the name) to play the game.
    Last edited by Jarlaxe; August 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

i got a weird thing that happened while playing a custom battle siege. it was on the syracuse map and it was an ionian style city i was attacking. 5 minutes into the siege the game just ended and it was a loss for me... no time limit or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemunz View Post
    i got a weird thing that happened while playing a custom battle siege. it was on the syracuse map and it was an ionian style city i was attacking. 5 minutes into the siege the game just ended and it was a loss for me... no time limit or anything.
    did you managed to get in the city?did you brake any door ?
    if your rams have been destroyed before you brake a doorwall then you lose.

- jimkatalanos -

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxe View Post
    did you managed to get in the city?did you brake any door ?
    if your rams have been destroyed before you brake a doorwall then you lose.
    actually thats another thing i wanna talk about... in the menu i chose 1 siege tower and like 5 ladders and 1 ram but i only got 1 ram when it started. i dont know if the ram was destroyed but i know there was archers shooting fire at it so i guess it might have been destroyed. it happened too fast. i made it to the walls.

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

i am playing a carthage campaign and im on the 6th turn its all going good no ctds(yet) but the generals unit cards(all my gen unit cards) has been replaced by a picture of some greek trireme. when i right click on the card the gens info has been glitched and is all over the page. im also having trouble changing the movement keys to the arrows since it seems to be stuck on wasd. so far so good i played 2 land battles on campaign and pretty smooth. i am scared about the siege battle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemunz View Post
    i am playing a carthage campaign and im on the 6th turn its all going good no ctds(yet) but the generals unit cards(all my gen unit cards) has been replaced by a picture of some greek trireme. when i right click on the card the gens info has been glitched and is all over the page. im also having trouble changing the movement keys to the arrows since it seems to be stuck on wasd. so far so good i played 2 land battles on campaign and pretty smooth. i am scared about the siege battle though.
    i'll check about the cards...
    for sieges recruit only rams...a lot of rams...it is the only available

- jimkatalanos -

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

i'll check about the cards...
    for sieges recruit only rams...a lot of rams...it is the only available
    ya thanks i will do that from now on
    ya i dont think carthage suffers from the card thing only. very nice mod and its good that there are a lot of bugs that are being found so they can be hopefully resolved.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey guys, I got a problem in the BI Icon on the desk top when changing the Target line to "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm and then click on Apply, it's giving the following message: The name "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct.

3.the ctds in the campaign map are always the same and for the same reason?i tried almost everything and didnt had a problem,it might be my unresolved problem...i need to know the cities that were besieged when these ctds appeared,it might has to do with the background script.
    Well something must have got messed up in those campaigns because I restarted the game and tried the good old trick to move an army from one place to another, but the game crashed all the same.

The crash when exiting the game, by the way, is constant. It happens EVERY time.

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey guys, I got a problem in the BI Icon on the desk top when changing the Target line to "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm and then click on Apply, it's giving the following message: The name "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct.
    Try leaving a space between .exe" and -mod.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_McKeogh View Post
    I edited the file paths, it is now saying cannot read "data\desc_stategy_lighting.txt D;

I checked my BI and HCS for this file, its not their...
    I'm having the same problem :S i've re-installed it 3 times and re-downloaded it as well

There seems something really bugged with the economies.

I'm playing as Athens on H/H, after a few turns I had like 23k left of the initial 55k, and I was spending even more. But the next turn I had +-54k again, now I'm spending that once again but when I open the 'Financial' tab, I see in red -4300 something, meaning I'm spending more than my income; however as 'starting money' it says 74000, and next turn I will have 70k left.

So the more I spend, the more free money I get

PS when I check the console, it says (because of the script) add money 3000 add money -6500 add money -20000
    But instead of losing -20000 it seems thus I am winning 20k every round...
    Last edited by Woestelingh; August 17, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

A weird bug - there's this one city in Thrace that keeps spawning immortal cavalry. The one that starts out owned by Persians.

Congratulations for the mod, it's great, an awesome work. By the way, I'm having the same bug of this guy; I played as Athens on H/H too; i tried to play with other factions and others settings too, so I had a Spartan and a Syracuse campaign, one on M/M and one on VH/VH (even if I know it shouldn't be played on VH/VH), but the bug verified the same... I really hope you can help us fixing it, because the mod is beatifull but with infinite money it isn't so funny ): Thanks in advance.

I'm playing as Athens on H/H, after a few turns I had like 23k left of the initial 55k, and I was spending even more. But the next turn I had +-54k again, now I'm spending that once again but when I open the 'Financial' tab, I see in red -4300 something, meaning I'm spending more than my income; however as 'starting money' it says 74000, and next turn I will have 70k left.

PS when I check the console, it says (because of the script) add money 3000 add money -6500 add money -20000

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey guys, I am geting a CTD every time I exit the game, is that gonna effect my campaign later?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Well something must have got messed up in those campaigns because I restarted the game and tried the good old trick to move an army from one place to another, but the game crashed all the same.

The crash when exiting the game, by the way, is constant. It happens EVERY time.

Try leaving a space between .exe" and -mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey guys, I am geting a CTD every time I exit the game, is that gonna effect my campaign later?
    this is new,i never experienced an error like this
    is there an error message???

have you done this?
    2.if you want to reload a save while you are in the campaign map,or you want to return to the main menu and start a new campaign
    press "esc" when the scroll with the quit option shows hit the "?" on the top right corner,this will terminate the background script and you will not face script problems on yout reloaded or new game.

is your rome and BI clean installs?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I'm having the same problem :S i've re-installed it 3 times and re-downloaded it as well
    you dont need to redownload and i'm sure not reinstall
    is the folder "hcs" in the folder data/bi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    A weird bug - there's this one city in Thrace that keeps spawning immortal cavalry. The one that starts out owned by Persians.
    it is not a bug
    if you loose some inportant cities you will lose the bonuses,i wanted to finish the background script but i didnt had any time the last two months cause of my work.
    the athenians and the persians have the most of the bonuses cause they were the most powerfull economies.other factions f.ex. sparta doesn't have economical help but has powerfull land armies.
    also the athenian triremes doesn't have a mach

- jimkatalanos -