Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!!

This usually happens when the installation has gone wrong. Try to reinstall completely as instructed. Or maybe you haven't deleted map.rwm?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Or maybe you haven't deleted map.rwm?
    IT WORKS!!! MAKE LOVE TO ME NEOW!!!!
    This signature is clickable

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    Rather Impressed we came third (Sorry just seeing this now, been off total war for far to long) Well done Araval!
    Well deserved

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

The economy for Mordor is horrible as a human. Even after I disband all units without free upkeep, I still struggle to buy enough economic buildings and units to get my economy going.

Then I have to have a big enough army to contend with the AI "free armies" and the garrison script in place... *Sigh*

*EDIT* I started a new campaign as Mordor and I did a different path. I started a budget and started hustling for every bit of money I can. Usually I would lower taxes to give better growth rate so my income would adjust in the long run, but time was ticking to quickly with so many Gondor armies on my doorstep.

So I balanced my taxes and I sent every non-free upkeep unit to take settlements. I even took the time to send an army to take two rebel settlements of the variags that Rhun usually attack. I even invested in a diplomat to sell map information to other factions for a a thousand big ones.

Mordor is on a budget and we're gonna get through this recession in middle earth.

*EDIT* I realized that when you try to ask for 1000 funds for map info, your treasury doesn't increase by 1000 but it decreases by 2-3k instead (possible glitch or bug)...So I had to reload a previous save to get my money back.
    Last edited by Point_Man; July 09, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
    This signature is clickable

Thanks for feedback!

Mmm, I tried to test the mod by downloading and installing exactly as described in the first post, and it's simply impossible to play a faction in the campaign.

I started of a virgin install, and install all the parts of the mods starting from the 2.0.

When I end, I can start the game and get the main menu, but I can select any faction and trying to start a campaign, the result is always the same : he simply put me back on main menu instead of starting the game.

Alas ...

PS : I confess not having read all the 173 pages between firs post and this page. Sorry if someone says something about that in one of them.

OK, I understand :

Because you let this part on the installation instructions in your first post :

11) To fix the issue of Iron Hills units not being recruitable go to data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt. Find the entry Iron-Hills_Province and in the line mountains, trolls, roads, big_city, towers add ", iron_hills" at the end. Do the same thing for the East_Iron_Hills_Province entry and save the file. After that delete map.rwm in the same folder if it still exists.
    All of us think it's related, and because it's obsolete, we conclude we d'on't need to delete map.rwm .

Ok, the solution is :

All this point is obsolote BUT to delete Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm

Thank U and good game.

PS :

May I suggest you edit the obsolete part?

Took care of it. Thanks for reminding!

For once I can help. Thanks for the mod.

PS :

By the way, no anger please, but I want to report you one thing : now I can play but I still have frequent crashes and the game quit itsef and until now, I'm unable to determine a reason in particular. I play normally and suddenly, it quit ... No particular event or action that I can tell you, but it's more frequent than in the other mods.

You're welcome!

Any information could help, so when you have a crash then report when did it happen and show your log as instructed in the op.
    If you have a crash to desktop, please show me your crash log (system.log) from Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/logs.

Hi guys, thats my first post here. First of all I would like to say that I really like your mod, I think it has the best units of all submods.
    Now to the point: I was playing a quick campaing with High Elves to see what this submod offers and I found some bugs I think. One is that I can't build the hight tier stables so i couldn't recruit the eldar lancers. I fixed this myself adding the faction in the line of Export descr Buildings that says which factions can build a building. The other one is a problem with the gwait-i-mirdain (I don't really know if it's written like this). It seems that i can't rebuild this guild even that the rebuilded gwaith appears in the building exploration list in-game. I hope you can help me with that.

PD: I apologize for any writting mistake, I'm not a native english speaker

Hi! Glad you like them!

Thanks for reporting! I'll investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson_cat View Post
    The other one is a problem with the gwait-i-mirdain (I don't really know if it's written like this). It seems that i can't rebuild this guild even that the rebuilded gwaith appears in the building exploration list in-game. I hope you can help me with that.
    The Eregion guild works as other guilds, you'll have to get guild points and also upgrade the settlement to a minor city. To get the needed guild points you'll have to build leather tanner, blacksmith etc. type of buildings. When you get the needed points you'll be offered to build the guild.

I suposed it was something like this so I cheated a bit to fully upgrade to a large city and to build all the buildings and still don't have the option of rebuilding the gwaith. Are there other ways to get this guild points? Maybe recruiting units?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I don't know about FROGS but this is for vanilla TATW 3.2: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post13559477

EDIT: by the way, Araval said Minor City, but you only built a Large City.

EDIT2: Large City is larger than Minor City. I read it as "Large Town".
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

Well, thank you Withwnar, that link helped alot. It was just a matter of building as many armourys as possible everywere

X MEN's Avatar Libertus

thank you Araval this mod is awsome !

sboban.bertozzi2's Avatar Laetus

I have a retourn to desktop each time I try to fight a battle on the map, also quick battle...I reinstalled TATW and followed the instruction again but it stil crash.

Help me, I absolutely want to play 2.5.1...I stopped play at 2.3 and it worked fine

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi guys. There are two links for 2.1, one in post 1 with the other links and one in post 2 called Update.rar. Which one is the current one?