Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148173188189190191192193194195196197198
Results 3,941 to 3,958 of 3958

Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 194

I have a quick question. How do I get the Rhov Axemen to have the same upgrade look as the Rhov Swordsmen and Rhov Spearmen? don't want to butcher the name lol. Thank you in advance for any and all help.
    Last edited by WickedMortal; April 06, 2019 at 03:27 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 194

Open battle_models.modeldb in Third_Age_3/data/unit_models with Notepad++ and find this entry:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    14 rhovaxemen_upg 
    1 1 
    48 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/rhax_lod0.mesh 6400 
    8 scotland 
    66 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion2_dale.texture 
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion2_normal.texture 
    42 unit_sprites/scotland_rhovanion_sprite.spr
    4 merc 
    66 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion2_dale.texture 
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion2_normal.texture 
    8 scotland 
    51 unit_models/AttachmentSets/dale_equip2_diff.texture 
    51 unit_models/AttachmentSets/dale_equip2_norm.texture 0  
    4 merc 
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0  
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 0 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Then replace it with this version and save:
    Code:
    14 rhovaxemen_upg 
    1 1 
    48 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/rhax_lod0.mesh 6400 
    8 scotland
    65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion_dale.texture
    67 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion_normal.texture
    4 merc
    65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion_dale.texture
    67 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/rhovanion_normal.texture
    8 scotland 
    4 merc 
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0  
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 0 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Thank you I appreciate the help.

I have another question for you. If I wanted to change up the General's Bodyguard units how would I do that? The example I have for you is I'm trying to change all of Gondor's BG units to Wardens of the White Tower. I did some simplistic copy and paste but to no avail or success. Once again any and all help is greatly appreciated and thanks for the wonderful mod and all your hard work.

Keep using Notepad++. Open descr_strat.txt in Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and locate the gondorian generals. The first unit below them are their bodyguards. Replace them with gondor wardens white tower and save. Open export_descr_unit.txt in and search for gondor wardens white tower. When you've found it, cut it and look for Gondor Bodyguard, then paste the Wardens' entry above them and save. Open campaign_script.txt in Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and search for Gondor Bodyguard. Replace the first 10 entries with gondor wardens white tower and save. For all the changes to have effect, you should start a new campaign.

Thank you Araval it seems to work splendidly. I ran into a snag though. I can't seem to properly change Aragorn's bodyguard or characters like him. It also seems that changing Eriador bodyguards and Arnor seem to conflict. Or finding a way to change the unit but upgrade it as Arnor is reforged. Hope I'm not confusing you here with what I'm trying to do.

I can't seem to properly change Aragorn's bodyguard or characters like him.
    What's wrong with Aragorn? Charaters like him?
    It also seems that changing Eriador bodyguards and Arnor seem to conflict. Or finding a way to change the unit but upgrade it as Arnor is reforged.
    What do you mean?

Yeah I can see I worded that so wrong I do apologize. What I tried to say was I am playing around with changing up Generals and their bodyguards just for fun. Aragorn, even following your instructions and having success elsewhere, will not cooperate with me lol. The meaning of the other comment is if let's say I wanted all Eriador Generals to start out as a standard Dunedain unit; Mounted, blademasters, etc., but as I upgrade their armor they change into a new unit entirely or just visually at least. I.E: Mounted Dunedain BG ==> Arnor Knights==> Knights of Annuminas... end upgrade tree. Blademasters==> Arnor Infantry==> Dismounted Dunedain Knights ( foot knights of Annuminas)... end upgrade tree. I hope I did MUCH BETTER at explaining this time around and again my deepest apologizes or the confusion Araval. If I could bother you for one more favor sir I would be forever your humble servant and indebted to you lol... The Dale axemen unit( shield and axe) I would like to give them just one visual armor upgrade and it be the final visual look of the dale swordsmen and spearmen. Would you be so kind as to provide that information just as you kindly did with the rhovaxemen visuals? Thank you thank you and 1000 more times thank you.

I can't think of any reason for it not to work with Aragorn. I just changed his bodyguard to the generic one and it worked.

For the Eriador bodyguards find this entry in export_descr_unit.txt:
    Code:
    type             Mounted Dunedain BG
    dictionary       Mounted_Dunedain_BG      ; Dunedain Bodyguards 
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_cavalry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          mounted_br, 12, 0, 1
    officer             grey_company_capt
    mount            northern heavy horse
    mount_effect     elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, general_unit, free_upkeep_unit
    formation        2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health      1, 2
    stat_pri         8, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         11, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  6, 7, 4, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        8
    stat_ground      -1, -1, -3, -2
    stat_mental      16, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 950, 320, 120, 120, 950, 2, 250
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models mounted_br, mounted_br_upg
    ownership        turks
    era 0            turks
    era 1            turks
    era 2            turks
    recruit_priority_offset    5

Change these lines:
    Code:
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4
    armour_ug_models mounted_br, mounted_br_upg
    Like this:
    Code:
    armour_ug_levels 3, 4, 5
    armour_ug_models mounted_br, arnor_knights, dunedain_knights2
    The Dale Axemen won't be as simple. You need to learn basic model editing for this. Here is a tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dieval-2-units

Is it that simple if I wanted to change the Eriador and Arnor general's unit to foot units instead of cavalry?

Basically the same as what I told you about the Wardens of the White Tower.

Hello,

I tried to instal the mod but it crashes if I choose isengard in campaign or when I click on ''custom battle'' in the menu. I did everything except for the keys.dat file since therewas no such file in the preference map...

Can you please help me to fix it, I really want to play this mod.

Hi, this section from the first post may be about your problem:
    If you choose Third Age Campaign in the Single Player menu, go back and choose Custom Battles then you'll have a ctd. And if you do it the opposite way, you'll have a ctd also.
    If you click around too much in the campaign selection screen then you'll have a ctd
    There is a memory issue in the engine. Try to decide first what you'd like to do and do it after that.

Yeah that seems to be a very common problem with mods.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I have the same problem it crashes in some random siege in my Rohan campaign, is this gonna be normal??

It's not the same problem. So it's happening every time or happened one time? From which faction was the other army? Can you post the log from Medieval II Total War/logs after the crash?

Looks dope!

Thank you!