Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!!

Every time i start a campaign it takes me back to the menu... i have tried to delete map file, and replaced the descr_strat.txt with a new one. Reinstalling does not work at all..

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Araval, i autoresolved the battle against the spiders in the rebel town north of berons halls. And continue the campaing. I have unified the vale, and im helping the dwarfes with the conquer of the grey mountains. And fighting the orcs of gundabad in framsburg.

All the battles have been fighted in the batlle map, 0 autoresolves, and all worked perfectly. So as i suposed the problem was on the spiders

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Onikenshin View Post
    Hmm. Is there another mod that works in conjunction to this?
    There are a few which won't break the game (usually concerning visual aspects), I don't remember them all.
    If you haven't already you could try out graphics mods like this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ics-and-Tweaks
    And maybe you'd like to try the AUI mod (just make sure you edit the .bat file to match the name of your mod folder): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...end-of-page-66
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDK View Post
    Every time i start a campaign it takes me back to the menu... i have tried to delete map file, and replaced the descr_strat.txt with a new one. Reinstalling does not work at all..
    You've most likely done something wrong then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbadruhel View Post
    Araval, i autoresolved the battle against the spiders in the rebel town north of berons halls. And continue the campaing. I have unified the vale, and im helping the dwarfes with the conquer of the grey mountains. And fighting the orcs of gundabad in framsburg.

All the battles have been fighted in the batlle map, 0 autoresolves, and all worked perfectly. So as i suposed the problem was on the spiders
    I'm sorry I played three battles in Maethelburg as VoA and one with Legolas in Mirkwood attacking a spider unit but got no crash. Maybe you could run some test campaign and attack the same settlement again to see if it crashes more for you?

hi guys whenever i star the campaign it goes back to main menu

This usually happens when the mod wasn't installed correctly. Often map.rwm hasn't been deleted as instructed.

any plan of arnor/eriador switcher script? thanks for your help now mod works

Not in the near future. Glad you got it working!

Laetus

Default Re: Davids Submod

Hello there! How do I download this mod? The download links in the first page direct me to a page which states:
    "The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly.Please contact the user who has shared this file with you."

This is with all the adrive.com links. So how to proceed?

-Alpo

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reporting!
    Updated.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for reporting!
    Updated.
    Thanks for the the quick reply & fix. Seems to be working now!

Araval, can you re-upload the link to 2.5? Thanks!

Sure, updated.

Do you have any idea when the next update will be?

Sorry, no. I've spent most of my time on DCI:LA. Once its beta is out, I'll release a small patch with some fixes and maybe some new content.

No problem I looked at the mod DCI:LA looks very promising!

I have a slight problem with the mod as of currently. I can play custom games just fine but am unable to do the campaign. I've fresh installed multiple times, I've gradually Incorporated the mod multiple times and the underlying problem seems to remain the same.

Without the .key and base files removed. The campaign mode is simply unable to even be entered, it just returns me back to the main menu. Once deleted it will allow me to go through and setup the campaign mode but upon actually initializing the game and being just about to enter the world map for the first time the entire client closes down back to desktop and I don't know what I can do to fix it.

The key and map file have to be deleted in the process. While I haven't heard of a case like this before, I believe there could be something wrong with your installation, or maybe the virtual store has something to do with it.

Virtual store?
    I'm not sure its the installation, everything else seems to work just fine and I've played battles. With those two files deleted is what caused the crash, by not deleting them it will instead just redirect me back to the main menu of the game.
    I've tracked through mid installation the point at which after adding this patch

6) Add the content from patch 2.3 Third_Age_3 folder to your Third_Age_3 folder and overwrite.
    it begins to crash, all previous patches (although massively lacking in additional stuff) doesn't crash and allows me to start and play the campaign. but beyond adding 2.3 patch it starts to crash on campaign start. (which is a major pain >.< I really want those hobbit units xD)

Something some people have problems with but me not. I don't really know about this.

These files shouldn't have anything to do with this, they regenerate.
    I can't tell what can be wrong, maybe something wasn't overwritten or was misplaced. I can't remember anyone having a problem like this.

Can you show me your log file?

Hello Arval, I could really use some help. I installed everything and followed the instructions carefully but when I run the game it is a combination of FROGs and normal 3.2 third age, many units are missing as well as faction banners which are still at the default. Please help!!