Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Default Re: Special Portraits ~ NEW UPDATES!! 52 portraits now!

Any way we could have this mod re uploaded?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't know for the mod itself, but I still have all the portraits as they are included in MoE.
    But MoE is currently in indefinite Beta, and I thought this mod was initially started as an independent mod. Are you now committed to the terms outlined in the MoE guidelines on others using these portraits apart from MoE?

Also, are all of your portraits to be found in MoE, and is their location/labeling in the pack files compatible with vanilla use? My initial guess on both of those counts is that they are not.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Not yet, but at least they are not lost.
    I've included the portraits with each indepedant UI pack for each nation, for the general units (with my own icon format, including the little flag), and I have included them in standard format for the campaign.
    The difficulty with the portraits for the campaign is you need to make a new startpos, and this is means a non modded game, or to do that for each mod. I suppose I could at least take some time to organize all the portraits in an independant pack, just to have them clearly named and organized.
    Then it would be possible to edit your favourite startpos to link it to the portrait.
    Note that changing the portrait of generals which are already on the map, or in the pool of recruitable units, is not very difficult.
    The difficulty is to add extra generals. I can have the portrait clearly organized in a pack, but extra generals won't be available for vanilla use.

I would love for this mod, or one like it, to be re-unloaded.

Icon3 Re: Special Portraits ~ 31 new portraits

can you please update the link.... so that i can download the special portrait mod.. i love these love..
    hope you update.....

Default Re: Historical Portraits - 200 portraits for the French campaign

Link has been updated. 200 new portraits for the French European campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post

Thank you!! I feel like I've waited so long for this, haha...

I just started playing NTW again, CA need to make NTW2!!

Default Re: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Okay, so it forces an unavoidable crash after 40 or so turns, and a crash with every game exit...

Other than that, Its pretty good.

Default Re: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Papachinzo View Post
    Okay, so it forces an unavoidable crash after 40 or so turns, and a crash with every game exit...

Other than that, Its pretty good.
    Have you solved, or anyone solved why it crashes. Or is it just your case that it crashes?

Hello Sacrebleu, i have collected about 110 portraits of ministers and generals for Spain, I have also gave them traits. After reading thier biography. I'd Wish to learn how todo it myself, but of your interested. I don't mind giving them to you.
    Last edited by Steveholmes; June 01, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Hello Sacrebleu, i have collected about 110 portraits of ministers and generals for Spain, I have also gave them traits. After reading thier biography. I'd Wish to learn how todo it myself, but of your interested. I don't mind giving them to you.
    Hi Steveholmes, thanks for taking an interest in NTW portraits, and going out of your way to collect over 100 portraits for Spain.

I have semi-retired from the modding scene. I think portrait mod tutorials can be found at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...esources/page2.

But to make those portraits look consistently the same (with the brown background) you will need to develop a good set of Photoshop skills, edit those portraits, then import them into a portrait mod pack.

I wish you all the best.

9. Click on PORTRAIT_DETAILS

All the information in Value Column (i.e. first column) are all we need to make sure Ney has the portrait that we want.

It would be better to transfer information from my portrait startpos into any other startpos they wish (copy and paste), because my startpos only change portraits, while other startpos like the Bourbon restoration are far more complex, involving new character, new faction and new positionings etc.
    Could you please instruct me on how to create new general using your portraits?

I've followed your instruction above but couldn't even change the portraits of existing general. Each time I put the .tga and .jpg file into my mod.pack and type these files' directory in the startpos.esf file, the game crashes when I start a new coalition campaign.

For example, I used your MOD_portrait.pack itself, activated it in the script.txt

Then I went to mp_eur_napoleon/startpos.esf/CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY-4 (russia)/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER_ARRAY-25 (Vorontsov)/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS

I added ui/portraits/custom/cards/mikhail_vorontsov.tga in the 1st row and ui/portraits/custom/Info/mikhail_vorontsov.jpg, the game crashed afterwards.

I added ui/portraits/custom/cards/mikhail_vorontsov.tga, custom/%S/mikhail_vorontsov.tga, ui/portraits/custom/Info/mikhail_vorontsov.tga like Sacrebleul did with his startpos.esf file, the game also crashed.

What did I do wrong? Or did I miss something?

no

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

Seems like this mod is missing some rather important characters.. here's my take on Pierre Augereau into the same style.
    Upload jpg into ui/portraits/custom/info/ of the pack.
    And tga into ui/portraits/custom/cards/
    Adjust in your startpos.esf accordingly.
    Might consider doing a bunch more and uploading a better pack if i have author's permission.
    augereau.7z

Patrician Artifex

If you want to make more portraits, I can also add people to Masters of Europe, where most of Sacrebleu! portraits are already included anyway.

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

I was generally just playing my own game and if a historical figure ever popped up but didn't have a portrait I'd just make one myself. I could do it only if there were good quality portraits of them readily available.

Patrician Artifex

The main problem is the stupid way CA handles the portraits in the campaign.
    Except for the 3 general already in the pool, the next ones are random.
    So there is no way to be sure a general recruited later will have the correct portrait.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Is anyone still experiencing this mod causing crashes around Turn 40?

Hi.

The problem that i have with this mod, is that it does more than just change generals's portraits. It also changes the staff of some generals from 24 calvalrymen to 160 infantryman for example. The second annoying thing this mod does, is making a lot of generals immortal. This is unacceptable to me.

So, if you could make an alternate version that would do what this mod was actually supposed to do, that would be actually worth it to me. Because i'd really like a mod like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast