Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post

Over 200 historical portraits of legendary napoleonic heroes from all factions.

Download link
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/y5ndgj

How to install
    [SPOILER]
    1. Backup your original startpos files in folder:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaigns\eur_napoleon

2. Unzip

3. Place startpos in eur_napoleon folders

4. Place MOD_portrait in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

5. Play French Europe Campaign and enjoy.

Sacrebleu, hope you are keeping well and active. I am a new player, and your mod is simply great. For some reason tho' I can't find the start startpos file you made for "mp_er_napoelon" (the Coalition campaign), which I am guessing you released awhile back. I would be heavenly if a download link could be found, given CA really didn't do the Coalition generals justice. Especially the Austrians. And there is no other portrait mod out there like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post
    At long last, I'm pleased to announce that:

NEW UPDATE has been RELEASED lol

it's been a pleasure presenting this to y'all
    &
    Please see my first post folks~

S
    Would be great to have this old update be downloadble again. Your portraits on the coalition campaign -- best thing since sliced bread)
    Last edited by Frunk; May 24, 2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: Special Portraits ~ NEW UPDATES!! 52 portraits now!

Hello Steph, do you know how to mod the startpos file to make generals respawn in the capital and not die? pls pls let me know) I've been trying to figure this out for awhile with no luck. I've been able extract portraits from Sacrablue!'s pack file and use em in the coalition campaign and have been desperately trying to figure out how to make my generals "immortal" coz on the higher campaign difficulties generals get assassinated way too often. Thank you in advance sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Not yet, but at least they are not lost.
    I've included the portraits with each indepedant UI pack for each nation, for the general units (with my own icon format, including the little flag), and I have included them in standard format for the campaign.
    The difficulty with the portraits for the campaign is you need to make a new startpos, and this is means a non modded game, or to do that for each mod. I suppose I could at least take some time to organize all the portraits in an independant pack, just to have them clearly named and organized.
    Then it would be possible to edit your favourite startpos to link it to the portrait.
    Note that changing the portrait of generals which are already on the map, or in the pool of recruitable units, is not very difficult.
    The difficulty is to add extra generals. I can have the portrait clearly organized in a pack, but extra generals won't be available for vanilla use.
    Hello Steph, do you know how to mod the startpos file to make generals respawn in the capital and not die? pls pls let me know
    ) I've been trying to figure this out for awhile with no luck. I've been able extract portraits from Sacrablue!'s pack file and use em in the coalition campaign and have been desperately trying to figure out how to make my generals "immortal" coz on the higher campaign difficulties generals get assassinated way too often. Thank you in advance sir.

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by RealWarRealTime View Post
    Hello Steph, do you know how to mod the startpos file to make generals respawn in the capital and not die? pls pls let me know
    ) I've been trying to figure this out for awhile with no luck. I've been able extract portraits from Sacrablue!'s pack file and use em in the coalition campaign and have been desperately trying to figure out how to make my generals "immortal" coz on the higher campaign difficulties generals get assassinated way too often. Thank you in advance sir.
    This can be done in save game or startpos. Load up EditSF and find your specific character's CHARACTER ARRAY. In the next CHARACTER module, there are several System.Boolean True and False entries. What you want, are the 3 consecutive boolean entries 9th from the bottom. Change these to True, True, False to make general immortal and respawn at capital when injured.

Default Re: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Can you make please for coalition campaign?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567