Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

well i reinstalled CoW (Gigantus installation), redownloaded my mod, installed my mod and played on it for 32 turns. no crash or lag issues.
    i honestly have no clue, the installation file has been downloaded over a 100 times and assuming only half of those are not re-clicks thats still 50 people...

so does your game run fine without my submod? lets say you install the clean installation and with no submods what so ever on it, it would run great with no problems?
    i have uploaded the text files for regions and units, and uploaded my enitre world folder just to be safe. so if you are having a problem then i have no idea...
    upload your world folder in your data, maybe you are not installing correctly or maybe its a installation issue not related to my submod.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

It is recommended to run the Virtual Store fix before adding sub mods. In fact I would recommend it to anybody that uses modified game content, regardless which game.

i have tried to install and reinstall this submod for about 3-4 times now with little to no success, and each time ending in a 1 hour reinstall of the real mod... im totally confused at how to install and uninstall this submod without killing the mod as a whole...
    Installation Instructions
    1) Download the submod file and copy-paste the contents in the folder into your main Call_Warhammer folder, the launcher and OU file must remain outside your data folder.

I doubt i need a log for this:

followed instructions... overwrote data folder...*beep, Crash*...bad idea... *reinstall
    followed instructions... overwrote the folders in the data folder (Text, Unit_models, etc.)...*crash* ...bad idea *reinstall
    followed instructions... manually overwrote each individual file... Crash to Desktop on startup without intro

went into rage mod...gave up... went to
    Installation Instructions
    2) to install the EDU file simply delete the brackets and whats in them so for example: "export_descr_unit (Vanilla)" -> "export_descr_unit" and place the file into the data folder.

overwrote with the zip... *crash before intro
    overwrote with the name change... *crash be4 intro...

rage mod again

yea im a total noob at this kind of stuff... anyone mind helping? if not... .... .... anyways ill be waiting...

if you just install the 1.4.4 version does the game run correctly? when a game crash unto the desktop as soon as you run it, it means that you have BMDB problem.
    please check the post above yours to see if this is a virtual store related problem.

yea normal warhammar 1.4.4 runs correctly, english patch with music, and that virtual store... windows 2000 doesnt even have half the stuff labeled in there so im guessing its not that... 1.4.4 runs perfectly, i just dont know how to apply the sub mod...
    i deleted the said files (Better_water, and those folders inside campaign and textures as told by that one russian guy in the bugs and fixes)

can you please upload the log file? it is in your main medieval folder in a folder called logs.

Hey Toho,

I've tried your mod works fine, one thing I'm abit unsure of is why you made it with 250 men in the artillery units I guess it was something you've not tried much? but it makes for some interesting formations The ai seems to go a bit 'wonky' when using them too and gives quite mixed results.

Still to early in the game yet to see if it affects some of the larger later battles. I had an incredibly lucky start with the Orcs and got the Shaman event in the first turn... 6 Green bolts of boom made short work of the Dwarves who tried to camp with grudgethrowers lol

One thing I'm confused about is why you used a different model for the Hell cannon?

i never changed the model of the hell cannon, maybe i switched stuff few months ago and dont remember, lol anyways if you want to change the model just open up the Vanilla EDU and check what the designated model is (the second or third to the last line, blablabla_ug or something like that)

and thank you for confirming the mod works.

It seems more accurate, possibly to do with the difference in model, I'll play around with it some more and see how they go.

I did try fusing both this and Reiksfarts mod together, but I think I need some tips on that I might tweak the unit sizes a bit though as having massive formations of Elites is kinda OP in my opinion.

Edit: Sorry Toho I think I may have crossed a couple of files and mixed both the Epic CoW submod with this one unless ofc yours also has immense unit sizes? Either way I've gone back to Reiksfarts as I missed having the big guys running amok
    Last edited by Loboz; September 19, 2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Error...

sry for the late response, i just reinstalled the mod and backed up the data folder... so i could recreate the fail of "manually overwriting each individual folder/file...
    i did so and indeed i got a crash before intro...
    the log apparently cannot fit since its like over 1 MB which pissed me off...

but i found this thing...

21:21:46.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2764, column 46
    Unknown unit type specified: dismounted Reiksword
    since i couldnt upload the log i tried multiple other searches "error" "missing" "crash" "kill"

turns out i have a crap ton of missing stuff... at least like 1/4 of the stuff from the data folder...or at least from the log... and... uhhhhhh... yea...

Edit: thx for telling me about the log thing in the folder it helped me find the porblem, the EDU edits replaces the export building error thing, but i have now have another problem D: ... the mod now starts correctly but it crashes at the start of the campaign (Khorne)

going thru the search options earlier the results are...

21:52:45.437 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 217, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Black_guard_morr', used by unit 'Black guard Morr bodyguard'.
    21:52:45.437 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 1135, column 44
    missile range of 366 is impossible with projectile new_mortar_kernel (max range 366)
    21:52:45.453 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 4694, column 39
    the log is now up to 11 MB and i still have huge sections of the log stating im missing a lot of stuff D:
    Last edited by J1N6666; September 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Compress your log and attach it by using 'Go Advanced' and then 'Manage attachments'
    21:21:46.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2764, column 46
    Unknown unit type specified: dismounted Reiksword
    This is indeed a fatal error. Ignore missing stuff, it's a left over from previous versions of the game, the entry in red is the one that is important.
    In this case the EDB is set to recruit a unit that is not present in the EDU. It has been talked about already.

and here u are =D
    ty so much for the quick reply, and about those 3 uhhhhh things... it seems it be from teh unit txt that i replaced with the EDU... apparently im missing models... and an animation, and thx for putting up with me, as u can see its my 1st time around this forum =O
    Last edited by J1N6666; September 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Blog Entries

21:52:49.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3161, column 162
    unit(Dismounted Encarmine) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)
    But that is not fatal.
    21:55:20.546 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/historic_event.tga,303644
    21:55:20.546 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    21:55:20.593 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/historic_event.tga,303644
    21:55:20.593 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/ui/Nord_culture/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    This is.
    You are having a corrupt download by the looks of it - it can't find the correct picture and text for the initial historic event (assassins question for the Nord_culture)). I had a case like this just now and it went from that to incorrect files in the data folder.

If you got the speed, I would suggest to download my torrent version (make a back up of the old installation by renaming it), then apply the UAC Fix from step 3 onward to avoid virtual store issues.

so from the looks of things the way i implanted the sub mod wasnt wrong? it was actually the normal installation?
    but i could run the normal verison just fine b4 :O

downloading torrent now... do i just apply the sub mod just i did originally?

Blog Entries

If you cuold play the normal version just fine, then something went wrong with your installation of the sub mod.

After adding all the patches and updating the language installer you should be fine to install the sub mod. Do the UAC thingy first. My suggestion: install the sub mod into a different folder and then copy it into Cow - that way you can be sure that it ends up at the correct place.

so i did basically everything then installed the submod but a ctd came at the start of a battle...

Edit: alright ty for everything but after deliberate thought and hours of frustration, i guess ill have to give up on this (what could have been) awesome sub mod, many thx to those people that helped...
    Last edited by J1N6666; September 19, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

taXen's Avatar Laetus

Hello!

I am using Windows XP 32bit and the Steam version of kingdom but I have the nonsteam version also and im using the Kingdoms Launcher App.

When I first downloaded CoW I downloaded your submod also with torrent really quickly. I installed it all without problems and I started the game but when I was going to start a new campaign with any faction the game crashed and I got "Unspecified Error" or the C_Lib error or whatever it's called.

I reinstalled it all and tried again, same thing. Then I reinstalled it but I didnt install your submod and I could play without any problems at all until around Turn 30 where I got my first CTD. I then tried installing your submod again but with English Voices. This time I couldnt even start the game since it all went black and it crashed and I got the "Unspecified Error". I tried reinstalling but same thing and the thid time I saw there were some patches, 1-2, 3 and 4 that I installed before any submod (and ofc the English translation) and I didnt copy over the "export_descr_buildings.txt" which said in the system.log.txt
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:15:52.359 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:15:52.359 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:15:52.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:15:52.390 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    21:15:53.046 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    21:15:53.062 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    21:15:54.500 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3161, column 162
    unit(Dismounted Encarmine) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)
    21:15:54.500 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3177, column 162
    21:15:54.500 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3192, column 162
    21:15:54.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3579, column 169
    unit(Daemon Prince) does not match up to the ownership for faction(teutonic_order)
    21:15:54.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3580, column 162
    unit(Daemon Prince) does not match up to the ownership for faction(lithuania)
    21:15:54.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3581, column 160
    unit(Daemon Prince) does not match up to the ownership for faction(novgorod)
    21:15:54.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3582, column 63
    Unknown unit type specified: Nurgle Prince
    in MED2 Total War folder.
    Now I could start the game without problems but now when I either loaded or started a new campaign it crashed and I got the "Unspecified Error" thing again.

Here's the log file from the logs folder.

Blog Entries

21:15:54.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3582, column 63
    Unknown unit type specified: Nurgle Prince
    Same error like others before you - the EDB has a unit in it that isn't in the EDU.
    Please install the sub mod in a separate folder and check if the EDU and EDB are present. Then check the EDU for the above unit.

Hey,
    Id just like to say you guys are awesome with the devotion you show those people trying to use your mod and the fixes you come up with.
    now onto my problem.. I installed your mod and the edited EDU I replaced all files like I was supposed to and I also replaced the EDU. When I got the original mod I had a problem when I clicked start on the campaign page it would bring me back to the main menu, but now I get an unspecified Error. anything to help would be greatly appreciated?!

taXen's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Same error like others before you - the EDB has a unit in it that isn't in the EDU.
    Please install the sub mod in a separate folder and check if the EDU and EDB are present. Then check the EDU for the above unit.
    Hmm I dont really understand what you mean. How do I install it in a seperate folder? Since your submod is a .zip file and all I did was unpack it in a seperate folder where I keep all the other install files and I copied it to the CoW directory like the instructions. The same with your seperate EDU(Vanilla) and yes I removed the (Vanilla) and the EDU & EDB.

I've tried it all and nothing is working. With or without your EDU(Vanilla), and EDU & EDB. I've even deleted all the "Nurgle Prince" that I can find in both the EDU and EDB.