Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Default Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Introduction

this is a submod that revamps some things that bothered me in my CoW games;
    -new model strats for the elves, vampires, kislev and empire.
    -recolored models for empire, vampire and border prince.
    -replaced the vanilla campaign terrain with Charge's New Map colors (needed a lot of customization to fit CoW or else the Frozen Wastes would look like Ireland).
    -revamped the map climates to fit the new terrain.
    -more than a dozen new regions specifically aimed at Norsca and northern Empire.
    -dismounted knights that should give the empire more of an edge in heavy infantry.
    -new Launcher that allows chaos players to switch from their Chaos Cult color to Chaos Undivided Color, to use this simply save the game when you become Chaos Undivided then quit the game run the Chaos Color Launcher and follow the steps. start the game again enjoy your new map/flag colors.

There are two versions of EDU thats is playable, for those who want a more familiar game play try the vanilla EDU but for those who want a more dynamic and newer gameplay try my edited EDU & EDB.
    Attachment 182875
    Attachment 182876
    to read more about the changes i made in my version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    the EDU is still in a testing phase even though i have made great progress in the past few days from the previous version.
    My EDU focuses on 3 things;
    first, making elite units truly elite.
    two, making factions lore accurate, for example dwarves are stronger but less numerous and etc.
    three, revamping previous units for example, the Phoenix Guard are now very powerful and very numerous however it is extremely difficult to recruit and retrain them so the player must take good care of this unit and use it wisely.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4vjd864c5teg41q

Installation Instructions
    1) Download the submod file and copy-paste the contents in the folder into your main Call_Warhammer folder, the launcher and OU file must remain outside your data folder.
    2) to install the EDU file simply delete the brackets and whats in them so for example: "export_descr_unit (Vanilla)" -> "export_descr_unit" and place the file into the data folder.

Know Bugs:
    - the dismounted knights have been fixed by the amazing Thumbar but there might be still one bug that i have not fixed yet, it wasnt there in one game and when i played around with somestuff it came back. i would appreciate it if anyone can confirm this:
    some regions that are suppose to be filled with cultivated (farms built) terrain still have the fertility grass, only some regions have farming. to test if you have this issue see if Averland has farm at turn 5 or 6 when its summer.

Credit & Mentions
    -Kolwen & Kahvipannu for their battle map textures in CoW, it was their textures i used to make those custom stratmap settlements.
    -Agart and Overlord.ru for their wonderful stratmap models that i used for this submod.
    -Charge's new map terrain textures.
    -Reiksfart for helping me with various things such as unit cards, bmdb and etc to implement the Dismounted Knights.
    -Gigantus for helping me fix numerous problems and bugs that I had inflicted upon myself.
    Last edited by Toho; September 24, 2011 at 08:38 AM.

Default Re: CoW Revamp; New Settlements, Regions, Map Texture, Units and more (In Progress)

PREVIEWS
    New Dismounted Knights

Custom Stratmap Settlements

this is my best attempt on reproducing this, the only way to have better results is someone making new models

New Regions on the Map (Especially Norsca)

New Strat Map Terrain Textures

Last edited by Toho; August 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: CoW Revamp; New Settlements, Regions, Map Texture, Units and more (In Progress)

them some good strat models, son.

you done me proud.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This is a nice improvement to the strat map.

great work dude!!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

This will be great addition.

+1

i am sad to say all production has been stopped because of some retarded bug that i do not know how to resolve or what is causing it. the game starts up ok, and there is nothing wrong but as soon as i start the campaign my loading bar goes all the way to 99% but after 3 hours(5 minutes) of thinking the game just closes itself...very frustrating and stupid, if i can just fix it...
    got it fixed thanks to Gigantus...woot

anyways working on Empire stuff now.
    Last edited by Toho; August 14, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

The dismounted knights look baws.

sheba021's Avatar Civis

+ rep from me too, looks great!

Default Re: CoW Revamp; new units, reworked model_strats, new campaign terrain and more (Released for 1.4.4)

first post updated, sadly i forgot to add in some files which will probably cause a crash, i will upload these separately since the upload rate of my Internet is as fast as a rock on a flat surface.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: CoW Revamp; new units, reworked model_strats, new campaign terrain and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Good work sir!

Waiting for the screens in the morning!
    Last edited by The Bold Burgundian; August 21, 2011 at 04:40 AM.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

lovely work look forward to playing

+sith blessing

sheba021's Avatar Civis

Works like a charm, +rep again

Could you tell a bit what's different in your own EDU?

the new settlements look quite awesome, by the way
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

damn i cant believe i didnt explain what my EDU was aiming at
    My EDU tries to completely differentiate the numerous factions we have for example there is originally very little difference between Dwarf Infantry and Empire infantry, well i changed that, the dwarf infantry is stronger in both attack and defense but one problem, there is less of them. of course it is much more complicated and more detailed than that but thats the gist of it. i want all factions to be balanced but elite units are TRULY elite, Swordmasters of Heoth who train for centuries no longer have the same attack and defense capabilities as Empire Greatswords who have trained for a decade or two. i also added some new formations and changed some units gameplay, for example Lothern Seaguards no longer fail at melee because of their bow/spear combination, i lowered their ammo but greatly increased their damage so now after 3 or 4 volleys they will be ready with their spears to receive or perform charges (no longer being shredded like cheese).

im really busy in real life atm but i will try to update the EDU as much as i can by doing tests but if some people try out the EDU and can give me some feedback it would really speed up the process, im trying to be lore accurate but that doesn't mean im going to completely ignore game balances.
    Last edited by Toho; August 21, 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    damn i cant believe i didnt explain what my EDU was aiming at
    My EDU tries to completely differentiate the numerous factions we have for example there is originally very little difference between Dwarf Infantry and Empire infantry, well i changed that, the dwarf infantry is stronger in both attack and defense but one problem, there is less of them. of course it is much more complicated and more detailed than that but thats the gist of it. i want all factions to be balanced but elite units are TRULY elite, Swordmasters of Heoth who train for centuries no longer have the same attack and defense capabilities as Empire Greatswords who have trained for a decade or two. i also added some new formations and changed some units gameplay, for example Lothern Seaguards no longer fail at melee because of their bow/spear combination, i lowered their ammo but greatly increased their damage so now after 3 or 4 volleys they will be ready with their spears to receive or perform charges (no longer being shredded like cheese).

im really busy in real life atm but i will try to update the EDU as much as i can by doing tests but if some people try out the EDU and can give me some feedback it would really speed up the process, im trying to be lore accurate but that doesn't mean im going to completely ignore game balances.
    Your EDU is actually aiming to do EXACTLY what I wanted. You even worded it pretty much the same! (making elite truly elite)

I'm thinking about starting a new campaign tomorrow with your EDU. I'll be playing Dark Elves or High Elves I think. I'll give you feedback on how it goes
    One more question though: I know you've been working with Reiksfart on his Stinkers mod, and that your dismounted knights are included in his mod (if I am correct)
    Is you EDU compatible with Reiksfarts mod or will I need to integrate the two?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I like the strat models - can I add them to my version? (I give cookies and credit)

@Elitewolf, yes there should be an EDU in the last pages of Reiksfart mod that I made but i dont know if it is bug free or balanced and i doubt i would be working on that one though...

@Gigantus, sure, of course you can but if you are also thinking of adding Charge's new terrain textures too do you mind fixing the cultivated/farm problem? i have no idea what is causing it and because of RL i dont see myself having the time to actually mod anymore for a long long time, maybe update the EDU here and there if i have some time to spare...
    Last edited by Toho; August 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

I was planning on using the Dark Elves, and I ran into the Dark Elves enhanced(DEE) mod. I've crossreferenced the Dark Elves between your mod, that mod and the normal EDU.
    In general you give massive bonusses to attack compared to DEE, although some units (warriors and spears, for example) end up with lower defence. Others, such as Witch Elves and Assassins or Shades, have lesser bonus to attack, but also have a higher defence.
    All in all it seems that the elite units have been made more elite, and the standard Dark Elves have become more like glass cannons, doing greater damage at the cost of reduced staying power.

I didn't really like that last thing (sorry ) so I changed the dark elf spears and warriors to the stats as they have it in the DEE mod(=slight increase to attack when compared to vanilla but normal defence), but with the lower troop numbers found in your mod. I also added the war hydra and completely replaced the Reaper with the one in his mod. I'll give it a go to see if it won't crash on me, and then I'll start up a campaign for real and give you feedback, although I don't know how reliable that is seeing how I changed the core three units of a DE army (the reaper, spears and warriors) but i'll be able to comment on the armies of the enemy

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

thank you that would be really awesome
    like i said i didnt really have time so maybe i was doing something with it and halfway i never got the chance to finish and forgot about it.
    but one thing about Dark Elves that i was researching when making my EDU
    Dark Elf armies are fast and dangerous but potentially fragile. They are more fleet of foot than humans and favour speed and maneuverability over heavy armour. Characteristics of Dark Elven armies include armour forged with all manners of wicked barbs, hooks and blades, and their uniforms tend to be dark sombre colours such as purple, indigo or black. Human skin is a highly prized material for durable military garb, and their graceful swords and spearheads tend to be hooked and serrated for catching enemy blades and inflicting severe injuries.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast