Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Valkia The bloody preview 3.1.2012)

Your female models are very attractive

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    Your female models are very attractive
    Hehe, maybe so But that's how these units are, for example the style/look I'm trying to achieve for sorceress:
    DERP

I have been doing these three with same female body/skin, since it saves a lot more time and work, but next I wanna/will do something else.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I disagree, it's a good character, and BP could use some love too. A bit "generic" visually yes, but still stands out.

Malus is included in Mad's great DE-mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=454551

Lokhir is cool, it's a good option.
    Malus doesnt have a custom model in TWMadman's submod. At least in the version I played. I think generic was the word I was looking for when referring to Leitpold. There are other characters that are visually more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Plus most of their units don't make much sense from a cultural point of view. They are not Russian/Kislevite in origin therefore should not look like Kislevites.

That is something else I intend fixing for my submod, so the Border Prince faction makes a little more sense and is more interesting to play.
    I always thought they should have a more Bretonnia influenced style. Afterall they were founded by Baron Tybald du Bois de Balzac, a bretonnia Baron, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    With Kahvi's superior modelling and texture skills it's best for all of us if he works on more unique looking characters and units.
    Lokhir defeinetely fits this role.
    Last edited by paradamed; January 06, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Malus doesnt have a custom model in TWMadman's submod.

I always thought they should have a more Bretonnia influenced style. Afterall they were founded by Baron Tybald du Bois de Balzac, a bretonnia Baron, right?

Lokhir defeinetely fits this role.
    Hmmm.. Malus definitelly then. Tought I remember Mad mentioning that someone was going to make him the character..

Cauldron of Blood could be one new unit for dwindling DE, tought it might have been in Mad's mod too..

I think BP could be made over more easily when 2.0 comes out (Bretonnia), and there is also possibility that they will not be in it as they are now in CoW, or that they will get new look. It's hard to say, what I understood from the russian forums (google translate), there will be huge changes in CoW..

But yes, Bretonnian influence would suit them. A mix of it and Empire would be cool look.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

All parts from CoW or ones I made. Body is modified from Witch-elves, same I have been using with Anakonda and valkia, belt and "dresses" modified from old Sorceresses to go with new body, staff is the same. Boots, armors, hair, etc is pretty much my own. So yes and no. Ofcourse, textures are all new.
    great!

Hmmm.. Malus definitelly then. Tought I remember Mad mentioning that someone was going to make him the character..

Cauldron of Blood could be one new unit for dwindling DE, tought it might have been in Mad's mod too..

I think BP could be made over more easily when 2.0 comes out (Bretonnia), and there is also possibility that they will not be in it as they are now in CoW, or that they will get new look. It's hard to say, what I understood from the russian forums (google translate), there will be huge changes in CoW..

But yes, Bretonnian influence would suit them. A mix of it and Empire would be cool look.
    I think they had a semi ready cauldron of blood model and texture, not ingame yet. TWmadman had custom portrait, ancillaries, traits for Malus but no custom model.

"New DE-Sorceress" preview, I might improve it later, will be in next update

Consept art

Model

In-game

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (DE-Sorceress preview 7.1.2012)

Wow! Cool unit! Maybe a few more variation would be suitable.

There is little variation, two random faces, two hairs, and some little details change, like the forehead hair, but not much. Tought there is only 10 sorceress in one unit on huge-setting, so it doesn't feel like clonewars at campaign Didn't want to spent much more time with this unit right now.

I just wrapped it up so I can put it out with Valkia, gone give more focus for the the settlements skins now. I might still return to this unit at some point, making Hag Queen for general for it too could be nice. Also Hag would go well with altar too.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 07, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Kahvi rep as always.
    And sugestion change name of the mod to sexy babe mercenaries....hahaha

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Wonderful! These should replace the ones already in game or they will be a new unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Kahvi rep as always.
    And sugestion change name of the mod to sexy babe mercenaries....hahaha
    Lol Yeah.. got commented something like that before, but next one will be something different. And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    Wonderful! These should replace the ones already in game or they will be a new unit?
    Replace. I played few custom-battles with DE, and this unit was only one that I think didn't fit very well visually, so this was rather quick "fix" I started few days back. I didn't for example do new staff, just reskinned it, but now I think it overal fits better with the current roster visually.

Tough I might expand it further later, make Hag Queen as "hero" with the unit.

There is little variation, two random faces, two hairs, and some little details change, like the forehead hair, but not much. Tought there is only 10 sorceress in one unit on huge-setting, so it doesn't feel like clonewars at campaign Didn't want to spent much more time with this unit right now.
    Yes, you are right. With only 10 sorceress in a unit it really wont be that necessary.

Senator

beautiful work on the de witch models. as far as the hag queen, perhaps officer for Cauldron unit? im not sure if there is a way to make someone unmarriable, or marry her to someone who is past the age limit to have children. you wouldn't see her on the family tree, as she is not related to malekith or morathi, and you would at least have her as a general. It sounds weird, but it's a feasible workaround. I would say that in theory you could probably do the same for morathi, but she is on the family tree, unless you started the tree off with Malekith

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    beautiful work on the de witch models. as far as the hag queen, perhaps officer for Cauldron unit? im not sure if there is a way to make someone unmarriable, or marry her to someone who is past the age limit to have children. you wouldn't see her on the family tree, as she is not related to malekith or morathi, and you would at least have her as a general. It sounds weird, but it's a feasible workaround. I would say that in theory you could probably do the same for morathi, but she is on the family tree, unless you started the tree off with Malekith
    Here's perfect example from my current DE-campaign. Two things:

1.) Anakonda, a female general. I got question to hire someone (russian ofcourse), and was surprised it was Anakonda (Cow team apparently added her for DE too, which was nice), tought she is missing her unique portrait and stratmap-model for DE, but I'll fix those for next release.

I had Heroic-victory with her, and got "Man of the hour" proposition Well, I accepted, and she became part of the family, seen on left below the faction-leader, with normal portrait. Now she is married, and have kid too Don't know how those Amazons breed without males, but oh well..

Nothing game breaking, I could had just decline the joining to the family offer, as well marriage, but I didn't know who they were for since names are russian, and she would still be just a general, with no change of getting married. So it's more up to the player if he/she wants to have "outsiders" in family tree if the chance comes, and make them marry someone, and having kids.. Imo it's not a problem since mercs and spawning generals are not part of the family, unless you want to.

2.) Witch-Sorceresses. The army that spawned was one unit of sorceresses, and one unique general character. General has DE-warriors bodyguard (!), and is using Sorceresses model for herself. You can see both in the screenshot, I just replaced the unitpicture, and general portrait to match with my new battle-model, but otherwise they are vanilla-CoW.

Hag Witch could be used as replacement of the unique general imo, just the model would need to be changed to be that. If not otherwise, then just to make it different from the Sorceresses. And for the Cauldron of blood ofcourse.

Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 09, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

nice work on the witch, looks great..i was looking for some high elf units but then remembered there is this little submod called the sundering...you might have heard of it ..isilendil said he is waiting for that to come out and he wants to add some of its units to cow so methinks they will get all the love they need..i hope you get around to doing that LM unit though that would be awesome but good luck on whatever unit you start on next

Little update of release, I'm currently finishing it up, I'm using Poxo's translated files, so when there will be official one, I'll update the text files again then. if there won't be problems with ancs, scripts, etc, I'll upload it today. If there comes something up, hopefully tomorrow or day after. Just a heads up if someone is planning starting Khorne campaign, and wants Valkia in it, since it won't be save-game compatible.

And something new, Valkia's own banner:
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 15, 2012 at 05:57 AM.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

The banner looks awsome

Unfortunatelly I have had zero time to work with any modding this week, so a little delay (as usual hehe), but I'm working with this today, so hopefully all will work. Quick preview before release:

Valkia stratmap preview

Cool! I bet she will kick those dwarves' hairy asses, hehehee