Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Valkia The bloody preview 3.1.2012)

when you are planing to upload valkia?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Epicness.
    What animation does she have? It kinda looks like her animation isn't spear, that makes sense.

Any thoughts for next on the list????????? hm hm hmmm, welllll, hmm. Nudge.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It might be slightly bold of me to make yet another suggestion, but knowing myself as I do I'm sure I shall.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    when you are planing to upload valkia?
    I was going to wait till the translated files, but if I finish all before that sooner. I still need to do coding for scripts and ancs, stratmap model, etc, but they won't take long if I don't up something.

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Epicness.
    What animation does she have? It kinda looks like her animation isn't spear, that makes sense.

Any thoughts for next on the list????????? hm hm hmmm, welllll, hmm. Nudge.

It might be slightly bold of me to make yet another suggestion, but knowing myself as I do I'm sure I shall.
    Yeah, all suggestion are always welcome. Tought I might try to do next Karnac's Lizardmen , since Lizardmen lack presentation in CoW. Could be something else tought, like Vespero's Vendettas, or something else..

And yes, she won't be using spear anims, since I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. Anims are C-warrior ones, but they looked natural with spear unit too, only thing is that wings won't move, but it would require winged humanoid skeleton and animations, that may be changed in future.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Another suggestion, Ungrin Ironfist:

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Yeah, all suggestion are always welcome. Tought I might try to do next Karnac's Lizardmen , since Lizardmen lack presentation in CoW. Could be something else tought, like Vespero's Vendettas, or something else..
    Well I think Kaldour would be the coolest, remember the chap who was an imperial noble folowed Tzeentch, leads an army of imperial knights, brettonian knights, arabrian mounted nobles, estelian, tilean, all decked out in the warped gleaming armour of their homeland. A mercenary army so awesome You'd have to change your pants every time you see them charge.

Lizardmen are hard, karnac's lizardmen need to be totally re-written as they're from 2nd edition, everything has changed, they can't have bows or swords and in the new lore the replacement of lizaerdmen warriors (saurus warriors) are completely sub-servient to the slann. In the old version lizardmen were the original occupants of the world before the slann and were driven underground by the slann, in the new they were created by the old ones as slightly dim slave warriors almost completely dependant on the slann. You could re-write their background to fit the new editions, but it'd be tricky and very unofficial, I'd be happy to help.

Vesperro's vendettas are very cool but they're skirmishers good at guerilla actions and subterfuge, not particularly applicable in CoW. Plus the two hand weapon animation..........

If you're set on doing a unit of renwon that's awesome and hasn't been done yet I'd suggest Beorg bearstruck and the bearmen of urslo, king of the Baersonlings, I think you'd do a good job on him and his warriors, plus he needs to be done for the Norsca mod, you'd be helping out a fellow modder with a faction that we'll have in the future. In this vein is another Norscan of awesomeness: Wulfrick the wanderer, you just have to make one model for him like Valkia.

And yes, she won't be using spear anims, since I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. Anims are C-warrior ones, but they looked natural with spear unit too, only thing is that wings won't move, but it would require winged humanoid skeleton and animations, that may be changed in future.
    Sounds good.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Senator

ungrim ironfist is already in the game i do believe, battle model, scripts and all.
    Personally i would like to see Menghil Manhide and his Manflayers, always a favorite of mine.

Vespero's Vendettas are pretty cool as well

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Another suggestion, Ungrin Ironfist:
    As Saladin stated I believe he is already in game

Well I think Kaldour would be the coolest, remember the chap who was an imperial noble folowed Tzeentch, leads an army of imperial knights, brettonian knights, arabrian mounted nobles, estelian, tilean, all decked out in the warped gleaming armour of their homeland. A mercenary army so awesome You'd have to change your pants every time you see them charge.

Lizardmen are hard, karnac's lizardmen need to be totally re-written as they're from 2nd edition, everything has changed, they can't have bows or swords and in the new lore the replacement of lizaerdmen warriors (saurus warriors) are completely sub-servient to the slann. In the old version lizardmen were the original occupants of the world before the slann and were driven underground by the slann, in the new they were created by the old ones as slightly dim slave warriors almost completely dependant on the slann. You could re-write their background to fit the new editions, but it'd be tricky and very unofficial, I'd be happy to help.

If you're set on doing a unit of renwon that's awesome and hasn't been done yet I'd suggest Beorg bearstruck and the bearmen of urslo, king of the Baersonlings, I think you'd do a good job on him and his warriors, plus he needs to be done for the Norsca mod, you'd be helping out a fellow modder with a faction that we'll have in the future. In this vein is another Norscan of awesomeness: Wulfrick the wanderer, you just have to make one model for him like Valkia.
    Hmmm haven't heard those, they do sound very interesting, can't say anything at straight, I'll check them.

About Karnac, I will write with more tought more, a bit tired now. But yes, it would not be 100% official today, but there is a lot of units from old editions in CoW.
    About Norscan-heroe's, FakeTwin is doing some impressive roster. I don't think he needs much "help", the sub-mod is progressing well, and since he propably have plans for thise at some point, I could consenrate on other units.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    ungrim ironfist is already in the game i do believe, battle model, scripts and all.
    Personally i would like to see Menghil Manhide and his Manflayers, always a favorite of mine.

Vespero's Vendettas are pretty cool as well
    Vesperos would be pretty simple unit to do, and they are pretty cool, that's why I'm considering them. Tought it's one more merc for Empire... Others could need more love, like...

Dark-Elves! I have been mentioning Manhide and his band couple of times before, and DE really needs units more than Empire for example.

And talking about DE, I have one one totally reworked allready existing unit for DE to show soon, propably will squeeze to same release with Valkia.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah, factions without special heroes need it most. DE, HE, BP
    Last edited by Krystoforos; January 05, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Tought it's one more merc for Empire... Others could need more love
    i was only thinking about how cool it would be to have a lizardmen unit but this is a very good point..empire is swimming in cool units and more mercenaries then i know what to do with while others have very slim rosters..im more a high elf man so im rooting for them but do they have mercenaries though? well valkia isnt a mercenary either so there are probably a few options
    keep up the good work..its cool to see your swedish bikini team in the official patch

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Hmmm haven't heard those, they do sound very interesting, can't say anything at straight, I'll check them.
    You havn't heard of Beorg bearstruck, or wulfrick the wanderer?
    Beorg's men are among the regiments of the renown, the Bearmen of Urslo, the ultimate mercenaries.

About Karnac, I will write with more tought more, a bit tired now. But yes, it would not be 100% official today, but there is a lot of units from old editions in CoW.
    About Norscan-heroe's, FakeTwin is doing some impressive roster. I don't think he needs much "help", the sub-mod is progressing well, and since he propably have plans for thise at some point, I could consenrate on other units.
    Yeah, you're probably right about Fake-twin.
    You're also right about the fact that older edition stuff in in cow, but only lore that havn't been updated or lore that were updated badly, Karnak was basically written out completely. But it's not impossible to bring him back in.

Vesperos would be pretty simple unit to do, and they are pretty cool, that's why I'm considering them. Tought it's one more merc for Empire... Others could need more love, like...

Dark-Elves! I have been mentioning Manhide and his band couple of times before, and DE really needs units more than Empire for example.

And talking about DE, I have one one totally reworked allready existing unit for DE to show soon, propably will squeeze to same release with Valkia.
    Dark elves, cool.
    -Betrand Russell

Leitpold the Black

Border Prince, mercenary general, wanted criminal and dastardly sell-sword, Lietpold the Bloody, also known as Lietpold the Thrice-Cursed, Lietpold the Butcher and Lietpold the Liar, is a man to whom profit is more valued than honour or loyalty. Renowned across the Old World for his bloodthirsty and treacherous exploits, Lietpold is a vain, arrogant, vicious, paranoid and cruel despot; as bloody a tyrant as any in the Border Princes. He rides a barded warhorse to war and has some of the most ostentatious and detailed armour ever to grace the Old World.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    Leitpold the Black
    Not a very interesting character in my opinion.
    What about Malus Darkblade? Or maybe Lokhir Fellheart.

Maybe not so impresive but BP don't have nice roster of troops or special characters at this moment. I have never played them because small variety of their units.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; January 06, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Leitpold the Black
    What about Malus Darkblade? Or maybe Lokhir Fellheart.
    I disagree, it's a good character, and BP could use some love too. A bit "generic" visually yes, but still stands out.

Malus is included in Mad's great DE-mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=454551

Lokhir is cool, it's a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by wassabi View Post
    i was only thinking about how cool it would be to have a lizardmen unit but this is a very good point..empire is swimming in cool units and more mercenaries then i know what to do with while others have very slim rosters..im more a high elf man so im rooting for them but do they have mercenaries though? well valkia isnt a mercenary either so there are probably a few options
    keep up the good work..its cool to see your swedish bikini team in the official patch
    Lizzies would be cool to have, there have been few request for them, even if we have to bend the canon a bit to make them And yeah, I just played a custom battle with E, and wow, they have insane ammount of troops When De and HE have just a fistfull. And yeah, it's not only about Mercs, Valkia is spawning hero, and I'm doing one unit again now, but I would prefer to add Mercs. So id you have ideas for HE, just drop them here, since I have pretty much none currently..

And glad you like the swedish bikini-girls As a proud finnish, I sure do love the women of our dear neighbor

You havn't heard of Beorg bearstruck, or wulfrick the wanderer?
    Beorg's men are among the regiments of the renown, the Bearmen of Urslo, the ultimate mercenaries.

You're also right about the fact that older edition stuff in in cow, but only lore that havn't been updated or lore that were updated badly, Karnak was basically written out completely. But it's not impossible to bring him back in.
    wulfrick the wanderer, he seems great option tought

If I'm going to do Karnac's men, I was thinking taking few liberties with the looks. Main consept would be still the same, Warntorn Lizardmen equipped with modified dwarven-armour, but the itself model would be a bit different than consept art.

I had a idea "crazy" how to implement them, they could spawn out from the caves where they had surprisingly survived, but still I would not know who commands them? Rebels?

Man, I should gather all suggestions to OP, would make it easier to throw more

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Maybe not so impresive but BP now don't have nice roster of troops or special characters. I have never played them because small variety of their units.
    Plus most of their units don't make much sense from a cultural point of view. They are not Russian/Kislevite in origin therefore should not look like Kislevites.

That is something else I intend fixing for my submod, so the Border Prince faction makes a little more sense and is more interesting to play.

With Kahvi's superior modelling and texture skills it's best for all of us if he works on more unique looking characters and units.

Google:

Karanak, Hound of Vengeance
    The Masque of Slaanesh
    The Changling
    Spawn of Chaos (spawns do not all look the same, there are many varieties, not just the one's in mark of chaos.)

And someone needs to make flesh hounds of khorne. I will probably give it a go eventually, but Kahvi will do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Plus most of their units don't make much sense from a cultural point of view. They are not Russian/Kislevite in origin therefore should not look like Kislevites.

That is something else I intend fixing for my submod, so the Border Prince faction makes a little more sense and is more interesting to play.
    I believe most of them were borrowed from Rusichi-TW (Awesome mod ), so that is the reason they have Kislevite feel, but I do agree, they could be changed. Units from Dark Omen are awesome tought.

Karanak, Hound of Vengeance
    The Masque of Slaanesh
    The Changling
    Spawn of Chaos (spawns do not all look the same, there are many varieties, not just the one's in mark of chaos.)

And someone needs to make flesh hounds of khorne. I will probably give it a go eventually, but Kahvi will do a better job.
    The Masque and Changling are good options. Spawns of Chaos could get tricky, since they are so varied it would some serious thinking with UV-mapping space, but it's good point Also animations would need some thinking..

Karanak is damn cool, as are flesh hounds of Khorne, tought I think the anims for "animal units" are not working currently? Also Karanaks animations could cause a problem, but maybe the anims from Feinars three headed Hydras could be used some way? Maybe something to look in the future.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

It depends what type of spawn. Some are humanoid form with various tentacles while others are four legged or a large blob. If you look at the Treekin in the Sundering you can see the similarity between them and some kind of spawn of chaos. They just use a regular type animation, so the branches (tentacles for spawn) don't move, but they still look good in battle.

I did start building a khorne spawn a while ago using a dragon like head and built the body with tentacles and extra arms using an orc bigun body as a base. I wasn't pleased with the result though so scrapped it. Will give it another go sometime. Not to say you shouldn't either, there's plenty of room for various spawns.

It depends what type of spawn. Some are humanoid form with various tentacles while others are four legged or a large blob. If you look at the Treekin in the Sundering you can see the similarity between them and some kind of spawn of chaos. They just use a regular type animation, so the branches (tentacles for spawn) don't move, but they still look good in battle.

I did start building a khorne spawn a while ago using a dragon like head and built the body with tentacles and extra arms using an orc bigun body as a base. I wasn't pleased with the result though so scrapped it. Will give it another go sometime. Not to say you shouldn't either, there's plenty of room for various spawns.
    Hmmm, yes, there is a lot of options.. Didn't realize that we could make multiple units, not just one chaos-spawn with variations. Might give this a try at some point.

And some love for DE, new DE-Sorceress model/skin, they use same animations as earlier ones It's not finished yet, work in progress.

Witch-Elf

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Hmmm, yes, there is a lot of options.. Didn't realize that we could make multiple units, not just one chaos-spawn with variations. Might give this a try at some point.

And some love for DE, new DE-Sorceress model/skin, they use same animations as earlier ones It's not finished yet, work in progress.
    you made ​​a model from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    you made ​​a model from scratch?
    All parts from CoW or ones I made. Body is modified from Witch-elves, same I have been using with Anakonda and valkia, belt and "dresses" modified from old Sorceresses to go with new body, staff is the same. Boots, armors, hair, etc is pretty much my own. So yes and no. Ofcourse, textures are all new.