Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Anakonda preview 13.8)

Campaign preview, big thanks to Gigantus for trouble shooting and advices It seems I can't add more unique strat-map models for Empire faction (limit reached), so I will have to replace one already excisting, currently it's Pizarro. But I believe Anakonda needs custom model more (being a female ). Battlemap models ofcourse will be unaffected.

Anakonda (Hero) campaign preview

I will put download link soon once I get last polishing done, but it will be for unit balancing and cost/recruitment balancing, open-beta so to say. It will have Amazons for custom battle, and Anakonda (and amazons ofcourse) for campaign. You will get question in first turn if you would like to recruit Anakonda (normally 1% change in beginning of the turn), so her/units can be tested right away from the beginning.

Also, videomakers, if someone is interested, it would be great to have short epic video in recruitment (similar as other mercs have) for Amazons. If someone make's one, I'm sure to add it in, credits and rep ofcourse.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 15, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Campaign preview 15.8)

Perfect! Nice interface by the way.

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Anakonda preview 13.8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Where did you find those? Never seen those figures before, what "unit" it is called? It seems there is models for Hummingbird with it's standard, and Piranna too, great find!
    +1

Good news is that the model isn't very far away visually from what I did, it seems she is wearing the skin in her back in the figure tought, but I doubt I change it.
    The unit is called Anakondas Amazons, I found them on the german lexikanum (seems to be the best version). As I said, I like your version more than the original and I love the interface and the rest you made! Great Work!
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

Thanks guys. I should check german lexi too for pictures from now on, those aren't in english lexi. Good thing you found them, if I'm going to add Humming and Piranha as banner carrier and musician for Anakondas unit, I now have visual reference for them.

UI is my Averland UI from EFI:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322799
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 15, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Love your work!

Do you plan to add this unit for vanilla only or can you release a version for the most used submods, too? Like the voices or reiksfarts mod?

Thanks. Currently the version I'm fixing up, is for vanilla, but it doesn't use same files as Voices, so it is compatible with it. I have been studying the possibility to add (Ninja51's) female voices for the amazons, but it seems it needs more work, I would have to create new faction (accent) for the voices, and more, but if/when they are added, it will be compatible with Voices-mod (it's a must in CoW).

About Reiksfarts, and Dwarves, and what people come up with. If it's ok to the authors of them, yes. But it wouldn't hurt if someone else could do this combining work too.

Here's a teaser for next hero (spawning one, not mercenary), you can find "it" in Himster's earlier list/post.

?

Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Amazons beta-release 16.8)

Amazons released If someone downloads this, and installs it, confirmation of success, or failure is much needed, it works for me, but there is always possibility something is missing/not updated when putting up download file. And please read post2 with caution, thank you

Updated OP, post 2.

EDIT:
    Currently sprites are not included, becouse in-game they for some reason looked black boxes, but in screenshot I tooked of them, they looked right. Anyone can advice in this matter?
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 16, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

EDIT:
    Currently sprites are not included, becouse in-game they for some reason looked black boxes, but in screenshot I tooked of them, they looked right. Anyone can advice in this matter?
    Not sure if its what you said there but they are just black on the battle map unless i zoom in to them
    apart from that they seem great was a bit surprised when i saw a free company outlive them when they were both fighting skeleton warriors (maybe a one off)

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Here's a teaser for next hero (spawning one, not mercenary), you can find "it" in Himster's earlier list/post.
    Yay, well obviously this one should spawn. But some should be mercs, like Wulfrik the wanderer and his veteran norse marauders, Kaldour and his fallen old world knights, Festus ans his nurgle cultists, U'Zhul the skull-taker, Beorg bearstruck and his bearmen, Arek Daemon claw and his mutated marauders of tzeentch and Valnir the reaper and his ressurected chosen of Nurgle.

?

Valkia probably is amongst the coolest characters in warhammer, are you going to give her wings and beastmen legs?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    Not sure if its what you said there but they are just black on the battle map unless i zoom in to them
    apart from that they seem great was a bit surprised when i saw a free company outlive them when they were both fighting skeleton warriors (maybe a one off)
    So the sprites are black? I have to check the files I uploaded, and I try to fix this problem today. Amazons attack fast, have high defence skill, and ap. What I noticed with quick battles with current stats, they perform well when not outnumbered, but if so, they get wasted. Also did you try the campaign, did the script kick in, and did she spawn? Please report more toughts if you keep having battles with them. And thanks for downloading!

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Yay, well obviously this one should spawn. But some should be mercs, like Wulfrik the wanderer and his veteran norse marauders, Kaldour and his fallen old world knights, Festus ans his nurgle cultists, U'Zhul the skull-taker, Beorg bearstruck and his bearmen, Arek Daemon claw and his mutated marauders of tzeentch and Valnir the reaper and his ressurected chosen of Nurgle.
    This sounds good, I'll check theyr canon at some point.

Valkia probably is amongst the coolest characters in warhammer, are you going to give her wings and beastmen legs?
    Yeah, this standed out to me too, she is a bit different demon than others. Backround story is good too, and as spawning general, less work, no need for example balancing with new units Also there is good art/figure/text references for her.

Yes, she has beasty legs, wings, horns, her armor, shield, and spear, all there
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 17, 2011 at 09:56 AM.

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

So the sprites are black? I have to check the files I uploaded, and I try to fix this problem today. Amazons attack fast, have high defence skill, and ap. What I noticed with quick battles with current stats, they perform well when not outnumbered, but if so, they get wasted. Also did you try the campaign, did the script kick in, and did she spawn? Please report more toughts if you keep having battles with them. And thanks for downloading!
    I didn't try a custom battle with them I went straight into a campaign, the script works fine and she did spawn

EDIT: Carried on playing my Wissenland campaign and paid for Pirazzo's lost legion, on the campaign map (only) he was Anakonda.
    Last edited by Rakki Raiden; August 17, 2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    I didn't try a custom battle with them I went straight into a campaign, the script works fine and she did spawn

EDIT: Carried on playing my Wissenland campaign and paid for Pirazzo's lost legion, on the campaign map (only) he was Anakonda.
    Good to hear, and it seems I have forgot to add Pizarro to change Empire stratmodel atlest for Wissenland, added to OP, thanks for reporting, will be fixed
    Here is proper Valkia The Bloody preview:

Valkia The Bloody

Description

Faction: Khorne/Chaos-undivided
    Type: Spawning general
    Bodyguard: Khorne chosen
    Ancillaries: The Spear of Slaupnir, The Scarlet Armor, and her Daemonshield.

A Daemon Princess of Khorne who is said to be the consort of Khorne. Valkia was once the queen of a great tribe. She gained the attention of Khorne when she slew anyone in her tribe to question her right to rule. She then moved on to killing other Chaos lords and mighty followers of the other gods. One such was Locephax, a daemon prince of Slaanesh who was attracted to her and asked her to be a slave girl for him. This angered her and she killed him in a duel then placed his head on her shield.

Khorne was from then on her patron God and she made a pact to fight her way north to the realm of Chaos and place her shield on the throne of Khorne. But on her journey north she was killed in battle. Khorne raged over her passing, brought her from the dead and turned her into a Daemon Princess. She has the legs of a Bloodletter of Khorne and the wings of a bat. Valkia carries The Spear of Slaupnir, The Scarlet Armor, and her Daemonshield.
    Armybook entry

Art/figure

MODEL preview

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Beta-release, Valkia The bloody preview 18.8)

+rep
    Exelent work

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Pretty cool! Will she have a normal khorne bg or will she be like one of those elephant single units?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Woooo, she looks epic.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    +rep
    Exelent work
    Thanks mate, really apreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    Pretty cool! Will she have a normal khorne bg or will she be like one of those elephant single units?
    What I understood, she is still in theory "just" chaoslord (tought described as Daemon-Princess), just beefed up a bit, so she will act as heavy-infantry. So normal infantry bodyguard

Woooo, she looks epic.
    Thanks man, hopefully I get the skinning right... And the wings + beastlegs are from Daemon Prince model, just modified to fit naturally to the unit.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 19, 2011 at 09:08 AM.

mckain666's Avatar Libertus

Epic!!!! very nice cant wait.. + rep for u

Do you plan to make some mercenary from horned rats:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391014

Thanks McCain666

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Do you plan to make some mercenary from horned rats:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391014
    I'm not sure if I will, they seem to be more like AOR-line troops for Empire. I'm aiming to add mercs that are a bit more "exotic"

It seems there is some downloads of Anakonda, but no feedback? Do you use the unit in campaign or are they useless, are they worth the money they took, reqruitment times, effectivenes in battle-field, etc..? I really don't have time to test these things, so I can't really do changes to balancing without feedback, so please post some.

Also I have been working with Valkia textures actively (about 70% done), so there is constant progress, but it looks to take more time than I tought. Work in progress:
    Valkia The Bloody WIP

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

LOL!!An Extra skins!!!!!!