Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mr47's Gallery

Icon10 Mr47's Gallery

First of all, sorry for the hassle for opening more than 1 thread for screenshots. From now on, i'll keep them in one respective place; here. Willing to make these screenshots into signature sizes!

Note the shadowy figure on the right... Creepy!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Default Re: xX_iCeD_Xx's Editing Work

Postcard?

Last edited by MrHenry; August 09, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: xX_iCeD_Xx's Gallery

Hmm... Americans charging the French? Well that's something you don't see everyday. Question; do you only use color/shadow editing with your new CS5? Maybe you should try something else, I mean it's good to see that you're not overusing filters. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_LTU View Post
    Hmm... Americans charging the French? Well that's something you don't see everyday. Question; do you only use color/shadow editing with your new CS5? Maybe you should try something else, I mean it's good to see that you're not overusing filters. +rep
    thank you! If i'd post the original picture you wouldn't believe it would be the same Now, with CS5 i don't overuse photo filters like you said, on the other hand, i make the picture more "lively" by adding vibrance, then i customize every color separately with the selective color option, that way i can control what i want. Sometimes i may add the warming or cooling filter, or what not. After that i play with the brightness and contrast, throw in a little offset and exposure with gamma correction, and lastly i finish it off with color balance. Hue/Saturation option is used if the original picture is a bit crap. It takes about 30min-1h to make each picture. Each picture is done totally differently judging by the looks of the original picture and the different options i used. I take a lot of pictures in my spare time so that has contributed to my "lively" style of editing pictures. It's trial and error mostly for me, and if the picture doesn't seem right i may get frustrated I hope the pictures were atleast half decent. BTW, do you think that the writings are a good integration? The quotes are sort of from the soldiers "diary". I'll post an edited and unedited picture next, ok? (same picture of course)

Note the distant landscape, tree line, sky and the sun.
    Original unedited picture:

Edited picture:
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 10, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

Great gallery man. Expecting more awesome stuff from you!

You definitely have an eye for editing. Be careful as Sniper also said not to overdo things like the lightning or saturation. A very common mistake.
    Might wanna watch out for the increase of contrast aswell. It looks nice, yes, but too much darkens the photo too much and creates a too strong saturation.
    At times more subtle adjustments make a overall better edit.

Still what I'm seeing here is good stuff. Keep it up!
    Under the glorious patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by theatroN View Post
    Great gallery man. Expecting more awesome stuff from you!

You definitely have an eye for editing. Be careful as Sniper also said not to overdo things like the lightning or saturation. A very common mistake.
    Might wanna watch out for the increase of contrast aswell. It looks nice, yes, but too much darkens the photo too much and creates a too strong saturation.
    At times more subtle adjustments make a overall better edit.

Still what I'm seeing here is good stuff. Keep it up!
    Thank you! I'm aware of the pictures being dark, i love dark pictures that go well with the background. But, you can expect more lighter and calmer pictures, you can definitely count on that Actually, saturation is set to zero or -1 to -5 or +1 to +5. I'm adding vibrance to the picture to give it that "lively" feel (e.g. the scots guards in the jungle). You have been a great help, and i'm sure your advice will be of help Have a great day.

Maybe instead of playing with all the colours one by one you should try adding a gaussian blured layer and set the blending mode to "Multiply". Then you would have the good contrast effect, and you wouldn't need to work on it for an hour or so. About the text; it blends in kinda smoothly I guess, but I personally didn't like the font you used on the one from NTW (with the Prussian lancers). Maybe something from the handwritten font section in dafont.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_LTU View Post
    Maybe instead of playing with all the colours one by one you should try adding a gaussian blured layer and set the blending mode to "Multiply". Then you would have the good contrast effect, and you wouldn't need to work on it for an hour or so. About the text; it blends in kinda smoothly I guess, but I personally didn't like the font you used on the one from NTW (with the Prussian lancers). Maybe something from the handwritten font section in dafont.
    oh ok! Thanks a bunch mate About the font, i didnt want to use a handwritten font because it's too common in my work, since the picture was blackish gray, i wanted to use something more "modern". Thanks again! Would you like me to reupload the Prussian lancers picture with a different font, perhaps the one you suggested?
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Nice work man, I'm liking the look of the water in some of the top screenshots. Overall, some impressive shots, particularly your recent winter ones.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    Nice work man, I'm liking the look of the water in some of the top screenshots. Overall, some impressive shots, particularly your recent winter ones.
    thank you! A lot! It means so much.

BanaanBert's Avatar Civis

great work here, keep it up. I really like it and maybe you could make some wallpapers

Your editing for these shots is great and I agree with Banaan - you could make some awesome wallpapers. Even if you don't though i will be happy if you continue to post more of these shots .

wow! new pictures coming today. Could you explain a bit more about the wallpapers? you mean bigger sized pictures? any particular size?
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Take note of the "artificial" glare i gave to the soldiers in the edited pic, (it was way too unnoticeable, the sun was actually bright ), while still maintaining the overall "moody" atmosphere.
    Original unedited pic:

Edited pic:

Yes, i will give you "bright" pictures after i get done with editing my "darker" pictures, alright?
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

unedited:

edited: (Notice the merging darker and brighter side?)

unedited:

edited:

so, which pictures do you want as wallpapers?
    BTW if you're wondering, my current settings for NTW are:
    Shader Model 3 High
    AAx2
    Anisotropic filtering x8
    Textures High
    Shadows High
    Unit Detail High
    Water High
    Unit Size Large
    Trees Medium (no difference between high IMO, saves a couple of FPS)
    Grass Medium (no difference between high IMO, saves a couple of FPS)
    Depth of Field
    Volumetric Effects
    Distortion Effects
    Sky High
    Building Detail High
    1680x1050 Resolution
    Last edited by MrHenry; August 13, 2011 at 05:16 PM.

Last edited by MrHenry; August 14, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

more pics coming soon!!

Last edited by MrHenry; August 19, 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast