Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord Golog's Map Alterations (included in V4)

Default Lord Golog's Map Alterations (included in V4)

Hello!

The aim of this submod is to bring greater detail to the southernmost continent of THERA. Climates have been changed, mountains have been raised, and forests have been planted, adding greater aesthetic appeal, as well as new strategic possibilities.

Here are a few screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If these changes interest you, then follow this link to download.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21339...Edits+V1.1.rar

(CAUTION: This submod WILL break your savegames. If you want to finish an existing campaign game, then do so BEFORE installing this mod.)

INSTALLATION
    -To install it, first make a backup of your THERA V3 installation. That usually means Programs-Sega-Medieval 2 Total War-mods folder.
    -Just copy 'Thera v3' (or whatever you called it) and paste it to make a copy.
    -Then, unzip the downloaded file using a program to handle zips, such as 7zip or Winzip. You'll get a folder called "data".
    - Copy this folder and navigate to your THERA folder (Thera v3), and paste it into the folder. You'll be prompted to merge some folders, and replace some files. Say yes to these.
    -Once that is done, navigate to Thera v3-data-world-maps-base, and delete map.rwm (map changes won't take effect unless you do this).
    -Finally, play THERA, starting a new campaign. Check to see if the map changes have taken effect. (It should be pretty obvious if it did.)

Credits go to TheFirstONeill and his team, for creating the excellent mod that this submod is based on. Credits also go to the Creative Assembly, for making the game that all these mods are based on.
    Last edited by Lord Golog; February 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: Lord Golog's Map Alterations

Well done for getting a submod of this! Just wondering if this is limited to the southern continent or if you will go on to other areas of the map as well at some point?

Just the southern continent. TFON said that it was the only one that needed touching up, so that's the only one that has been alterred.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Congrats on the sub-mod, Lord Golog!

I'll be sure to rep you when I can

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Oh great ! This submod ! Glad to hear you have joined us happy few Thera submodders. I embrace thee with open arms, friend !

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Looks really good + rep

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    Oh great ! This submod ! Glad to hear you have joined us happy few Thera submodders. I embrace thee with open arms, friend !
    Good to be welcome.

There are so few submods for Thera, that having mine on here makes feel special, a little elite.

Feel free to make comments or suggestions on specific parts that you feel are particularly good or need improvement. I love feedback.
    Last edited by Lord Golog; August 11, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golog View Post
    There are so few submods for Thera, that having mine on here makes feel special, a little elite.

An elitist! GET HIM!!!!

Just kidding. It's not me you have to worry about. It's that tricky Massive_Attack. He's the one that you have to watch out for. He'll skin you, if you know what I mean.

Just kidding, Massive_Attack. If anybody is sneaky and treacherous, it's obviously Torvus. Those Romuli swine cannot be trusted.

lol

Just kidding Torvus. You aren't that sneaky or treacherous. Jean=A=Luc is the most dangerous person by far. He poked somebody once with a stick. You may not believe me, but it's true! He poked somebody with a stick! And it slightly bothered them! THE HORROR!!

Oh, sorry, were you expecting another apology? Well, I'm afraid I can't apologize to any body right now. I've given too many out for today.

But here's an awesome picture to make up for it

OH CRAP!!! Wrong one! Sorry!

Here's the real one

Finding link

Just a bit longer...

Ok, here it is!

See how awesome that is!!!?

Btw, congratz on the map again, Lord Golog!

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post

An elitist! GET HIM!!!!

Just kidding. It's not me you have to worry about. It's that tricky Massive_Attack. He's the one that you have to watch out for. He'll skin you, if you know what I mean.

Just kidding, Massive_Attack. If anybody is sneaky and treacherous, it's obviously Torvus. Those Romuli swine cannot be trusted.

lol

Just kidding Torvus. You aren't that sneaky or treacherous. Jean=A=Luc is the most dangerous person by far. He poked somebody once with a stick. You may not believe me, but it's true! He poked somebody with a stick! And it slightly bothered them! THE HORROR!!

Oh, sorry, were you expecting another apology? Well, I'm afraid I can't apologize to any body right now. I've given too many out for today.

But here's an awesome picture to make up for it

OH CRAP!!! Wrong one! Sorry!

Here's the real one

Finding link

Just a bit longer...

Ok, here it is!

See how awesome that is!!!?

Btw, congratz on the map again, Lord Golog!
    God I love this community.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Just played with this for the first time. gotta say, well done, LG! +rep
    EDIT: Or, I would, if the TWC would let me.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

THP I fall for this crap every time haha... every single time I click on your little "reveal spoilers". I'm going to have to learn sometime soon haha
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    THP I fall for this crap every time haha... every single time I click on your little "reveal spoilers". I'm going to have to learn sometime soon haha
    I have to keep you on your toes, my friend. Otherwise you'll get sloppy

But anyways, lets not get too off-topic, shall we? Instead, let us revel in Lord Golog's work. That would be much more pleasing

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Speaking of pleasing, yes LG's work is verrrry nice Lots of lovely passes in which to put my spartans when ether the Pale Knights, or, better, the Barka or Vashta come knocking. THIS IS SPAAAAAAARTAHHHHHHHHHZZZZZ!
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Citizen

I hope TFON incorporates this submod into V4 (as long as Golog agrees, ofc)

I have this gut-feeling that a couple of the submods might get integrated into V4. The Historical Battles most likely, the Retextures, and perhaps the Expanded Quotes as well. Naturally, I'd be flattered if approached to put my work into V4, perhaps get a general named after me...

In any event, I'm thinking I'll make a new version of the edited map once V4 hits.
    Last edited by Lord Golog; September 06, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Citizen

I doubt most of the retextures ive made will make it in. The only ones that might make it are the Barka, perhaps the BC's, and maybe the Vashta.(probably not since the changes made were not radical at all)

((My reasoning: the original Faustian changes were not good enough/different enough for it to really matter, the old Privateers pack i made isnt very popular (for good reason, it had alot of issues) (New Faust pack has ALREADY met mixed reception going by previews alone, and the changes that may be made to the Faust will probably be retconned anyway if TFON makes graphical changes to the faction, resulting in a weird somewhat M_A retextured somwhat vanilla-esque faction that just feels off.))

Ofc, id be happy if TFON included them. I just doubt it. He has stated to me that including them might bloat the download UN-necessarily.
    The Faustians will not, for sure, make it in. Ive heard murmurings from TFON that they might be getting more graphical tweaks, and if that happens, those tweaked units will not be able to be changed by my submod, for the same reasons that TFON has (and continues to) deny me permission to line infantry and grenadier textures.

I dont think your submod has the issues mine does. I hope it makes it in !
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 07, 2011 at 01:08 AM.

A question for those who've downloaded. Has anyone had issues installing the submod, to where I should make more clear installation directions? Or are my directions okay?

I didn't have any problems installing this and your instructions were clear enough. Although it might be better to put the installation instructions in bullet points instead of just one paragraph to make the steps easier to follow.

I've tinkered with the map some more since the first release. Expect a Version 2 of the submod in the relatively near future.

Great news, hope to see some previews soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast