Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSARDOMS TEASER - The Roman Coronation Script

Default Re: TSARDOMS TEASER - The Roman Coronation Script

Quote Originally Posted by JankoMega View Post
    And yeah,the heir would be a son of the recent ruler,or some other close family member.It's totally right,and that's how it should be.I like that.
    Agreed. The point is I'd played M2TWK Crusades Campaign with ERE. When the emperor Manuel had died, his brother's adopted son took the power, even though the emperor's son, Alexios, was alive, and came of age (probably because the first one had better stats). Personally, I think that stinks, but there's no need to worry, because, as I've said before, The Dudes obviously thought of everything.
    Last edited by Son of Serbia; August 08, 2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Potential ambiguity of the pronoun reffering to adopted son

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    Luck has nothing to do with this.

Only work.

But i always wished a luck for you,you know...and you have my FULL SUPPORT!!!
    Last edited by JankoMega; August 08, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

SerbianInfantry's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by SpyrosM91 View Post
    (actually there might be a bypass....but it won't be very good and game-balanced, because, in reality you wouldn't choose one of your 4th cousins just because he is awsome.... you would prefer your son, although he is a bit idiot)
    Well, it is know that, sometimes, kings appointed younger, not oldest son to be on the throne. And it usualy led to war

Kosovo is Serbia! If you don't believe me, read a book.

will every faction have it's own music/ui? If so I could suggest some tracks for Moldavia myself

Magnus Stephanus Sanctus Defensor Europae

Quote Originally Posted by majinleoking View Post
    will every faction have it's own music/ui? If so I could suggest some tracks for Moldavia myself
    Yep,

you can do that by visiting the public help subforum.
    Proud Tsardoms: Total war Concept Artist.

Best of my work for Tsardoms: TW [link]
    thinkerman.deviantart.com/

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

(Script Updated)

You will not see it in the video, but there has been a new addition to the script for even more realistic gameplay (also thanks to Gigantus for his advice). From now on, in order
    for the Roman Emperor to be crowned in the capital, the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is required to be present in Constantinople. Furthermore, he has to be inside the city one turn earlier than the Emperor, in order to prepare the Holy Oil in Hagia Sophia for the Annointment, and to prepare and arrange the ceremonies. Thus, he has to be inside the settlement for a whole turn before the ceremonies can begin. Then and only then, the coronation can take place.
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

And here's some rep for you friend. Keep up the good work

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

nice! these kind of things add a lot to mod, unfortunately most mods usualy just focus on units and do little on gameplay or map... gald to see Tsardoms isnt going this path

+rep

w.wallace61's Avatar Civis

Wow this mod looks very promising.. All the visuals are great.. Don't need mention Constantinople. Two cities in one and all the details are brilliant.. The music is great also ( gived me shivers ) Second Church song is familiar though, like some Ramadan songs in sing Mosques ( Ilahis ).. Many tnx everbody. I hope best wishes with this great mod to all group members, and as everyone says Can't wait To Play

Taken by the anxiety since you guys poked us with that all mystic announcement of certain preview(s), I decided to browse through old ones. Seeing the video showing the coronation system again, I noticed that newly proclaimed Byzantine emperor had a note saying "Christian orthodox" in his retinue list. This is neither a person, an animal, an item nor any other subject/object that may fall under character's retinue. Is it just me, or, as their quality, or attribute, better still - this should go under traits list?

there is also one in the traits list... but we put it also as an ancillary for the ease of a player (so it is perfectly clear, and that he doesn't forget it)... because in certain factions, in order for the Faction Leader to be coronated, he need to have declared that he is "Christian Orthodox" for example (if the faction is converted to catholicism, he should declare himself "christian catholic"....<spoiler>)... otherwise he can't get crowned... (which will lead to unrest, revolts etc. etc.)

anyway, there will also other elements that are not persons or things... that will be put in the ancillary list... noble families CoAs, governors of regions, titles, governement positions... all these, due to game restrictions, can only appear as ancillaries...

Roger that. Well - if it's for practical reasons, it's justified, I guess. Just comfused me, that's all.

Edit: and I've managed to pull out a piece of "classified" info from you - yay me!
    Last edited by Son of Serbia; January 17, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

why do you write in blue font spyros, I mean its one thing if you are doing it as admin but whole another when you are using it regulary... its somewhat... disturbing

no, i'm writing in bold font only when the posts are somewhat formal... eg. the post #26 above... or when giving some announcements in the progress thread (so that they are easy to spot)... and of cource when doing moderator's job... but in this specific post (#32) i have no idea..... i might had though that this was sth as a semi-formal addedum to the script....
    Last edited by SpyrosM91; January 17, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

wait wait wait! Constantinople and Outer City? That is such a splendid idea! Never seen a city represented that good on the map! Perhaps your Ragusa...

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

You haven't check this in long time, have you?

it would appear so...

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

yes to be honest...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12