Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CoW 1.4.4 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoW 1.4.4 - Easy and painfree Installation

Reikland - HRE
    Sylvania - Hungary

Thanks for pointing this out. The problem was the CAS file for HRE, it is pointing to the Hungary texture (see attachments). I will make a new CAS file and it will be available in the second post shortly.

Small tip on attaching pictures: convert to\save as JPG format (reduces size, yours came down to 496KB) then you can attach it directly and users can view it by simply clicking on the thumbnail of the attachment.

Edit: Minor Update
    The above fix is available in the second post.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM.

gigantus, i installed your version and the game is much more stable than ever and guess what? the farming problem is fixed too!
    the only complaints i have is the mini map is a little extended, if you did this on purpose then i think you extended it by a little too much and also the icons above the strat map cities are a little too large imo, reduce the size by 20%-25% and they would be perfect.

well done and thank you.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your input - I indeed widened the radar map (distorting the proportions) as the original was too small (in my opinion) to make any use of it's feature. The size of the settlement symbols can be reduced, but at the moment the thought of creating a new set of CAS files (26) does not really make me happy. But I understand your viewpoint and will attend to it at a later point, at the moment I have got a few things too many piled up to get into time intensive projects. The above was a simple correction of the comments, took only one minute including conversion.
    Farming stuff - do a comparison of the text\data files, it might show you were the difference is.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: CoW 1.4.4 - Easy and painfree Installation

With your version i had only one CTD in 50 turns with Middenheim and Ostermark
    --> CTD during AI turn, relaunched the campaign and it worked fine.

Now i try Averland (was a very unstable faction) and i have more CTD (something like 3 in 15 turns). It is never in battle or just after a battle (which was very ennoying in vanilla version), i relaunch the campaign and i can continue it.

Because of your work i can now really enjoy a campaign, thanks for that

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Blog Entries

Great to hear. I wouldn't mind having a look at crash logs. Make sure your log is set to trace and then add it here with a small description of when it happened (your last action, if battle or AI turn or while playing on the strat map - that kind of info)

idk why but as soon as i downloaded you campaign script and the banner fix my game crashs when continuing an old save and i get sent back to the menu if i start new campaign.
    i replaced the campaign script with the one i had in the previous version(unstable) and the banner too but the crash happens again.
    edit: tested it again and the game crashes with both the previous version and your new updated version, all thats left to test is your original instalation files and thats going to takes ages to get back...
    i will attach a second log, first is with your new updated ones and the second one is with the previous version files.
    Last edited by Toho; August 27, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

I deleted my previous install of CoW (which had reiksfart's mod) which kept crashing all the time, and installed your version. I'm on turn 70 with Wissenland, and I've fought all the scripted battles, and just played a huge siege battle at Salzenmund where three Chaos undivided stacks with loads of khorne chosen and 6 hellcannons attacked my garrison + one other army.
    I managed to pull off an amazing heroic victory, by first letting the garrison fight to the last man, by which point they heroically slew nearly half the enemy, then summoning my other army (I didn't have it commanded by AI) and having a glorious assault to retake the city in the same battle
    I spent about 3 or 4 hours on that battle, and, being the pessimist I am, I was expecting it to crash! (All battles that are that epic normally crash in my experience) But it didn't! I was sooo happy!
    In 70 turns I haven't had a single CTD! Thank you so much, you've finally fixed the one thing that put people off playing CoW! I salute you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    idk why but as soon as i downloaded you campaign script and the banner fix my game crashs when continuing an old save and i get sent back to the menu if i start new campaign.
    i replaced the campaign script with the one i had in the previous version(unstable) and the banner too but the crash happens again.
    edit: tested it again and the game crashes with both the previous version and your new updated version, all thats left to test is your original instalation files and thats going to takes ages to get back...
    i will attach a second log, first is with your new updated ones and the second one is with the previous version files.
    Error with my stuff: 12:23:21.055 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7408, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 7408.

Same error in the log labeled 'previous': 12:13:29.634 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7408, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 7408.

This has nothing to do with the script. Check your descr_strat (it's not from my version - I got a garrison of the Denmark faction at that spot) and than check what the problem is with that settlement.

I never corrected anything in the descr_strat and the only change in the map was the recoloring the sea areas in map_region - that won't be the reason for this error either.

Area of error in my descr_strat, line 7408 marked in red:

Code:
    character    sub_faction denmark,    Birger, named character, male, age 53, x 142, y 221
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , PublicFaith 1 , MathematicsSkill 1 , Intelligent 1 , Generous 1 , ReligionStarter 1 
    army
    unit        Champion knights of chaos                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Knights of chaos                exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit        Knights of chaos                exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit        mounted marauders                exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit        mounted marauders                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Warrior of chaos                exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit        Warrior of chaos                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Warrior of chaos                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Marauder axe                exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Marauder axe                exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Warrior of chaos halberd            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Warrior of chaos halberd            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Marauders                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

this is weird i played with no problems last night but as soon as i download those two small fixes everything crashes...
    il go check it out
    Code:
    settlement castle
    {
    	level large_town
    	region Karak_Ungrim_Province

year_founded 0
    	population 1500
    	plan_set default_set
    	faction_creator poland
    	building
    	{
    		type core_castle_building castle
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type barracks barracks_1
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type barracks_of_marksmen barracks_of_marksmen_1
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type cannon_arsenal cannon_arsenal_1
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type dwarf_guild_of_merchants guild_of_merchants_1
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type caves_farms caves_farms_1
    	}
    	building
    	{
    		type hinterland_castle_mines c_mines castle
    	}
    }
    this is all i see in that line but i dont see any mistakes...
    Last edited by Toho; August 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Blog Entries

It's one of your new settlements\provinces. As I said, I didn't mess around with the map other then sea color stuff (if you installed that [map_regions] then you're busted anyhow). Maybe an invalid placement, or a triple zero RGB value it is placed on.

To test completely, remove all buildings and set the level to village with 400 inhabitants, that will exclude EDB related errors.

You have a few unit ownership issues as well , several instances (compare factions recruiting in EDB against ownership in EDU):
    12:12:52.513 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 3177, column 162
    unit(Dismounted Encarmine) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hi Gigantus, I have a question: when I install your version do I still need to delete the folders stated in the important info thread? Or did you eliminate the need to do it?

Blog Entries

All of that has been taken of, just make sure you install the updated version of my language installer mentioned in my install instructions.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

But this language installer is only needed if people want languages other than english, right? If I want the english version all I need is the 2 parts and the patches plus minor fixes, right?

Blog Entries

The updated version includes changes in the English language as well.

Thanks alot Gigantus, CoW was unplayable for me but then I tried your easy installation and it works!

Hello all, first of all hello and thank you for this great mod. Well at least it looks great.

I am having problems installing it, I uninstalled everything, then re-installed it. I get the laucher, Vanilla and Kingdom works, but CoW doesn't. I downloaded it through pirate bay and utorrent, I did everything that was needed as I use steam, I used the mod app thing laucher, CoW appears on the TWMII launcher, and then when I want to play it I get the CA_LIBS error. So I checked and so I found a thread where Gigantus explains how to fix it but I don't have any of the files you mention.

Anyway I hope someone can help me this mod looks really awesome!

Thank you!

hey gigantus (or anyone else that has this installed) can you please upload the world folder?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Not to copy Gigantus here, but...

One is glad to be of service

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I used a different smiley, so it's ok. Right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LokenMordeus View Post
    Hello all, first of all hello and thank you for this great mod. Well at least it looks great.

I am having problems installing it, I uninstalled everything, then re-installed it. I get the laucher, Vanilla and Kingdom works, but CoW doesn't. I downloaded it through pirate bay and utorrent, I did everything that was needed as I use steam, I used the mod app thing laucher, CoW appears on the TWMII launcher, and then when I want to play it I get the CA_LIBS error. So I checked and so I found a thread where Gigantus explains how to fix it but I don't have any of the files you mention.

Anyway I hope someone can help me this mod looks really awesome!

Thank you!
    If you had another version of the game installed previously, then you might have a problem with the Virtual Store. Please have a look at this article and follow the suggestions: How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems

Hey again,

I tried the UAC/Virtual Store thing but it doesn't seem to change anything. What it says to do I have already done.

Is the version I downloaded from the Pirate bay missing something?

Am I supposed to do something else about the TW laucher?

I hope you can help me!

Thank you