Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132

Thread: CoW 1.4.4 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: CoW 1.4.4 - Easy and painfree Installation

Click the picture

This version is outdated, please download and support 'Rage of dark Gods' which is the new CoW version (1.5)

Call of Warhammer, second edition

Dear Gigantus,

I've played both 1.4.4 and 1.5, but had to reboot whole computer recently, didn't have these stored externally so have to d/l again if I wish to play.

I personally dislike 1.5 for a number of reasons, but primarily because I like vampires a lot and really don;t like the very camp, un-vampire like models for faction leader and heir, and also the stupid voices. presumably these are appropriated from some of other warhammer type game, but I don't like them.
    Also as I recall, it is slower, crashes more, and has a problem with the chaos dwarf artillery.

The torrent for the patches has only 1 seeder right now and I cannot get these files - is there any way you know of that I can get them?

Thank you in advance for your help, no problem if you can't help though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This version is outdated, please download and support 'Rage of dark Gods' which is the new CoW version (1.5)

Call of Warhammer, second edition

After having spend the better part of two days to get the full version of this great mod working I could feel for lesser mortals without my extensive knowledge of modding. So I decided to make life a bit easier and created this installation package. Hopefully it will attract more people to this mod. Please note that changes to files are minimal (corrected formatting and size changes) and do not change the game play in any way at all.

The following CoW downloads have beeen included:

• Base install 1.4
    • Patch 1.4.4
    • Music Patch
    • English Language patch

Other downloads from TWCenter:

• German Language
    • French Language
    • Italian Language
    • Spanish Language

Work done:

• Removed all unessary files (duplicates, wrongly placed, not needed)
    • Reduced texture sizes of strat models and buildings (reduces lag)
    • Enlarged radar map
    • Adapted checker for modelDB file and made corrections
    • Added my CoW language installer pack 2.0

Size on disk:

Comments:

• Reduction in size on disk - 3.05GB
    • Reduction in installer size - 1.54GB
    • The installer has to be in two parts because more then 2GB size is not supported by this program.

Recommendations:

• If you are having an old graphic card or experience lag in siege battles try out this 'add-on' of mine: Creating a World - Reduced City Textures, it reduces the size of the original building textures - custom building textures are already reduced in my game installation. See 'work done'.

Please read carefully Installation:

1. Download\place all parts (5*part1 and 6*part2) into one directory (or download the torrent)
    2. Run the EXE of part1 (DO files will be installed automatically)
    3. Run the EXE of part2 (DO files will be installed automatically)
    4. Update the language installer
    5. Choose your language from the shortcuts on your desktop
    6. Install the patches from the second post in sequential order
    7. Start the game

Important:

• Both installers will appear to be frozen at the beginning for a few minutes due to some huge files being installed (animations pack and sound pack respectively).
    • DO NOT cancel the installation unless you get an error message!

Downloads Part1: approx. 16mins installation time

1. EXE 400MB
    2. DO1 400MB
    3. DO2 400MB
    4. DO3 400MB
    5. DO4 281MB

Downloads Part2: approx. 18mins installation time

1. EXE 400MB
    2. DO1 400MB
    3. DO2 400MB
    4. DO3 400MB
    5. DO4 400MB
    6. DO5 31Mb

Attention Steam Users:Torrent:
    Download torrent from 'The Pirate Bay'
    Download torrent from 'ExtraTorrent'

Error reporting

1. General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that are not obvious in the 'error' log, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    2. Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    3. Setting the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the Call_of_Warhammer main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the semi colon ( ; ) in front of the trace line and add a semi colon in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.

umm im in the uk and when i try to get pirate bay or extra torrent our stupid ass government seems to have talked the isps into blocking those sites!! is there any other torrant sites ?

or is there a download option for the files on here some where please provide links if so.. i mean download files for the mod not a torrent site.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I should have actually closed this thread long ago. Please download the RodG (1.5) version - the torrent there is not hosted at any site and you can start it directly after downloading and running the small torrent file.