Thread: How to run NTF (Solution) - NTF version 3.4

Default How to run NTF (Solution) - NTF version 3.4

Hi everyone i just wanna help people on how to play NTF version 3.4. Ok i know the current version is 3.5 but that release is screwed up for a lot of people and the developer seems to have forgotten about it. Anyways its a good mod and i thank hussertw for making it and all credits to him for making such a fun mod. I know he took down the links from his page for version 3.4 (the only version that seems to work that is the most recent) but i found them and put them here.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/17286737/NTF3-4.exe/

http://www.filefront.com/17286737/NTF3-4.exe/

1. Download the NTF mod 3.4 from the above links

2. Install mod in Napoleon Total War directory (<HD>/blah blah/Napoleon Total War/)

3. Go to the first page in the Napoleon Total Factions page (the thread with hella pages) and download the 3.4 fix on the first post on the first page)

4. Now open the 3.4fix you just downloaded and you will see a bunch of files that are numbered. Copy all those and paste it into the Docs folder located at data_NTF----> Autoplay----->Docs
    It will tell you if u want to overwrite those files. Click yes

5. Enjoy mod
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 05, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Default Re: How to run NTF (Solution) - NTF version 3.4

Thanks NinjaWJ!

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Good, it's working

One problem though; it deletes everything in my user.script and I have some other mods, so I have to fill in the user.script every time I turn off NTF. Can I fix this somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Wsq96 View Post
    Good, it's working

One problem though; it deletes everything in my user.script and I have some other mods, so I have to fill in the user.script every time I turn off NTF. Can I fix this somehow?
    "Here is a new way of handling user script so there is no way of erasing the player's user.script.txt. In Test.7zip there is a folder called NTF and 2 exe files.

1. Place NTF folder in napoleon's script folder (there where user.script.txt is located)

2. Replace:

napoleon total war\data_NTF\AutoPlay\Docs\userscript.txt

and

napoleon total war\data\NTF_mod\Disable_script.exe

with the provided files. "

go to page 22 of the total factions thread and look near the middle. In hussers post there is a file you must download

also if u close the launcher by clicking the X button on it, it will wipe your userscript. Usually i just leave the launcher on in the background and don't X it out

The fix is a .7z file and you can't open it.. I copied and pasted it where you said and it just put it in there and didn't ask to overwrite anything. Also, the same problem as with 3.5 occurs, when you right click a minister it crashes.

Try new version 3.5.1, is being uploaded.

7z files open with 7zio program (free, google for it)

NinjaWJ,
    could you upload the fix to any filehosting while there's no download link in the mentioned thread any more. Thnx!

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

What page is that on point 3 ?