Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Hillary Clinton became the president?

Default If Hillary Clinton became the president?

As we can see today that Obama hasn't made any significant progress yet about America's financial crisis. I suppose it is true that Obama is a 'novice' according to Hillary clinton herself. But if Clinton who is more 'experienced' do you think America would be in a much better condition today if not out of the debt?
    Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that- in chaos. The world is born from zero. The moment the world becomes one, is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two, two becomes ten, ten becomes one hundred. Taking it all back to one solves nothing. So long as zero remains, one will eventually grow to one hundred again. - Big Boss

Default Re: If Hillary Clinton became the president?

Presidents aren't gods. They don't run the economy.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

its not obamas fault that the dept is that high even though he spen a lot of money.
    a financial world crisis and a bush jr are the reason why the usa are in deep . if obama did not spent so much bailout money the situation would definately not be any better right now.
    bill clinton was the last president that left a healthy america for the next president.
    in the big picture obama did nothing fundamentally wrong. he took on a wasteland and to change a wasteland into good land you need to spend money. now is the time to think how to pay that money back without breaking the fragile growth.
    cutting a little wellfare and limiting the military budget a bit alone will not help. its a start but can only be a first step. the rating agencies confirm this.

the real problem i think is that america is held hostage by lobbys and interest groups whose interests are personal accumulation of wealth and power and not the country. i certainly hope so but i have by doubts that america will be able to free itself from the real parasites sucking the life out of the country and thats not the wellfare cheque receivers.
    Last edited by Ahlerich; August 03, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlerich View Post
    bill clinton was the last president that left a healthy america for the next president.

He had a Republican congress who gave him headache, forced him to drop HillaryCare and made him balance the budgets .... so much that He ''Triangulated'' The Era of Big Government is Over. et all.

But I'll agree with Leary : Presidents aren't gods.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Dubh the dark's Avatar Campidoctor

Obama's just a chairman, the position of US President is so over-rated.

They just manage their cabinet and facillitate talks between various interest groups.
    Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

Indefinitely Banned

She is evil.If she takes over im moving to Alaska and living in a cabin with my ak47 locked and loaded.

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

United States House of Representatives elections, 1994

Clinton losses control of the Congress and Senate ... Republicans kick is ass
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 03, 2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: continuity
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by tom cruise View Post
    She is evil.If she takes over im moving to Alaska and living in a cabin with my ak47 locked and loaded.
    together with mrs palin making marshmellows?
    i can picture that

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

If a woman obtains the US Presidency, expect a war once every month.
    Given that Hillary and Obama both seem to be moderate Democrats, there'd be no difference in governance style.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

To see what Republicans think will happen if Hillary Clinton becomes president, check out "The Last Centurion" by John Ringo. In short, the sun somehow stops shining so much, global famine(which somehow is shown to be her fault), a new kind of flu decimates the population, a lot of the world dies, especially gays, democrats and poor people and dirty arabs(except for those who collaborate with the US military stationed there), then a republican president is sworn into office and everything turns a shiny pink, with the protagonist and his buddies defeating the last "warlord" on home soil, a black antichrist with a surprisingly muslim-sounding name, who has turned Chicago(or was it Detroit) into a sultanate and has been raping and killing everyone(I think he wasn't a cannibal, but I might be mistaken.).
    It's sheer coincidence that the book came out in the middle of 2008, before the elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

No difference unless there is a different Congress. Don't you people understand that Congress controls the US?
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 03, 2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: continuity

Indefinitely Banned

seriously?
    no,
    not hilary clinton, never hilary clinton
    it's like asking uwe boll to direct a film about Medieval 2:Total War, or Fallout 3;
    you just don't do it

I don't think policy wise she would have made much difference from obama. I don't think she would have faced as much opposition though, and we would never have to experience 2 years of insane birther conspiracy theories

Indefinitely Banned

she hasn't got what it takes to be president; from what i've heard, she's a petty little with a massive sense of entitlement.

seriously, if we had to have a woman president, i'd much rather it was condoleeza rice than hilary clinton
    Last edited by Exarch; August 03, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Mr. Scott's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Leary View Post
    They control spending.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.” ― John Maynard Keynes

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scott View Post
    They control spending.
    only if they've got control of congress; that wasn't the case here was it/

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm. Ms Clinton, No I don't think she would be a good president for the American people, Israel would love her, maybe she should stand for election in that country.
    As has been mentioned before, US presidents are hostages to vested interest groups, Its kind of the way the system seems to work in that country, From congress to Senate to Governors, All have to sell their soul to get elected.
    It still suprises me, How so many young people rush to campaign for these dubious people.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Indefinitely Banned

seriously, for america's sake and for her own sake hilary clinton should retired from politics period.

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Leary View Post
    This this this this this. A million times over this. I don't know how many times I've stated this. You'd think if would be obvious.

Indefinitely Banned

put it this way; the US is a laughing stock as hilary as its official chief diplomat, SECSTATE
    every time that joke opens her mouth we all have to duck and cover cuz the bull emanating from her is overwhelming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast