Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.23 Full

Tiro

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.20 Full

Hey, I have just one minor gripe and I dont remember this being in v1.16 and not sure its a DTW bug or something else, but its mightily annoying.

So I played Sparta trying to best my old campaigns, trying to beat those nasty macedonians, dirty barbarians and fratricidal greeks, but then several times during a battle and in many others when I tried to put my units in a formation all the individual soldiers went into random directions and obviously since I cant play in such conditions, I had to reload the autosave.

Any idea on what is this?

Unrelated: I think I have asked this question last time I was around, but what version of XGM is DTW based on now?

DTW was born back in XGM 3 days, but I guess formations got updated afterwards. I can't tell it for sure though, I had no partecipation in that part of the mod. But I can tell you for sure that all TW games have huge and outrageous bugs on formations, for example the one you reported of units set up in single line that suddenly break it up when given a forward moving order, at least up to ETW and NTW.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    DTW was born back in XGM 3 days, but I guess formations got updated afterwards. I can't tell it for sure though, I had no partecipation in that part of the mod. But I can tell you for sure that all TW games have huge and outrageous bugs on formations, for example the one you reported of units set up in single line that suddenly break it up when given a forward moving order, at least up to ETW and NTW.
    Thx for the reply, but I find this formation bug very weird because I have really NO memories of anything like this ever happening before and really I have overplayed RTW for many years now...
    Could, this be linked to the formation mod in DTW? I say this because the bugs start in the same situations, like when I try to put my units in a logical shape after the enemy make a sally. Could be a coincidence or not but here: So the battle start with no pause, I pause and rearange the troops with manual formation and with one of the 4 first formations. Thats exactly when the troops go on their own random direction as reported in my other post.

So this happens when you order a unit group to assume a new formation? Then it might be a bug that is present by a long time because I have always deployed my troops "manually" (holding right mouse button and dragging to the desired formation).

Tiro

Yep

Icon4 Re: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.20 Full

Hi guys first let me congratulate on the fine work being made here , i played previous version of diadochi and liked it , agood job apart from some cards missing and strangw reinforcements being still in the outzone of the batlemap .. problem is that i have tried to dll 1.20 from all links that i found here andeverytime i install and run it i get a "flipped" screen , cant play in that conditions so seems i cant play it .. bad install maybe i should a fresh one .. ill t«report after to see if i get it fixed but playing with my neck at 45 º degrees nad not much fun!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

This is not a problem with the install or game configuration. This is something that is caused by your video device or its configuration. Try enforcing no rotation in the display driver settings.

Might be that , im with internal chipset set chip and well it only owrks at some point tough , geforce is gone it will take some some months to gather for a new machine oh god save me from the techinal overwhelm .. ill try again ill post when i can that might be the solution tough there should be a auto solver or something like that ..

Great Job guys I have played Diadochi for two years and ive been hoping some one would make a last edition

Ill download this pretty soon..

Hey guys I have a problem playing this mod can someone PM me? It won't let me post threads on my own.

Mustard Colonel
    What problem? Can you desrcibe problem in that thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Hotfixes/page6

Haven't posted these in a few years, so I hope I'm not too rusty

|*) Download Patch v1.22 (*|
    -) Added new unit cards and textures by unDa (still not all, so expect patch v1.23)
    -) Added hotfix by unDa for Pyrrhic campaign
    -) Various hotfixes over the years added by Spartan 666 and me
    -) Unit costs balanced
    -) Fixed main campaign script and Polybian Reforms trigger. Now romans have to build an imperial_palace in Capua, Arpium or Ancona. No other limitations.
    -) Updated credits and splash screen to include unDa

Enjoy this patch. If you spot any bugs & errors, right now is the best time to let us know, since after v1.23 there probably won't be any more patches

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hello Redfox

How historically accurate is this mod?

I don't know much about the Diadochi era, but what campagin should I start? Provinical or Imperial?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Hello Redfox

How historically accurate is this mod?

I don't know much about the Diadochi era, but what campagin should I start? Provinical or Imperial?
    I'd recommend playing Imperial Campaign with either Rome or Epirus, but other factions such as Seleucids or Macedonians, Greek Cities, Pontus, Pergamum will be a lot of fun and also challenging. The map itself is as historically accurate as possible, same goes for all the unit types.

A lot of effort went into the units - Camillan Romans with later Polybian Reforms. Unfortunately we never implemented reforms for other factions. Carthage and all successor states also have great units - definitely a lot of eye-candy.

One of the biggest points of DTW is that its art style remains consistent across the majority of the mod - check the screenshots.

Most focus though is on the game-play itself, DTW is designed to be a bit more challenging - and thus a lot more fun. The music and atmosphere should be cool, too.

This mod is really difficult, true hardcore! But u will have a lot of fun.

|*) Download Cumulative Patch v1.23 (*|
    -) A substantial amount of missing unit cards fixed
    -) Numerous missing textures fixed
    -) Huge unit stat and cost rebalancing accross all factions
    -) Unit formation depths updated to avoid wide formations when playing on Huge unit sizes
    -) Reduced insane AI money bonus to enable crippling their economy. If the AI coffers run negative, they only get +3000 bonus to get them out of recession.
    -) Reduced AI nation wide recruits experience bonus from 3 to 1. When stacked with temples, this gave the AI an unfair edge in unit experience.
    -) AI Unit Quality options in the installer:
    * Default Bonuses +1: (+1exp, +1wep, +1arm, +1mor)
    * Remove Bonuses 0
    * Hard Bonuses +3: (+3exp, +1wep, +2arm, +2mor)
    * Insane Bonuses +5: (+5exp, +2wep, +2arm, +3mor)
    -) Fixed independent Greeks AI formations, which used to be barbarian instead of Hellenic.
    -) Diplomats now spread your culture and are available from third tier settlements. -- Experimental feature.

Additional Notes:

-) Patch v1.23 is cumulative, so it includes all the hotfixes and patches since v1.20. You only need this patch and nothing else to get everything patched.

Hi Redfox !
    Great thing of you to cumulate all the patches > 1.20 into one (1.23)
    But can't you add it to the 1st post of his thread ?
    That would be much easier for other interested members to not overlook this one !!

Btw I still think this mod is the best and challenging ever made for RTW and
    I still play it at a regular basis.

Cheers, mate.....(+rep.)
    Last edited by Celtoi; March 01, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

debux's Avatar Senator

This is the thread for the 1.20 release, not necessarily for the mod itself. There is a thread specifically for downloads

BTW, thanks for updating this RedFox. I had no idea it had come out. Many of the changes sound great, very subtle fixes, but were necesary (I specifically remember the "bugged" AI xp bonuses, that gave them way more chevrons than they should! I had no idea what it was, it made me rage-quit one campaign after a few silver-experienced stacks started to come out of nowhere). I hope everything is going well in 0 A.D.!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Just checked this out - everything is fine. Thanks for your work again!

Will be compatible the saved games with this version? I supose not but, who knows?
    The Thesalian cavalry are recruitable now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast