Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Suggestions & Ideas

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Diadochi - TW: Suggestions & Ideas

Post any suggestions and ideas regarding Diadochi - TW: v1.20 and later.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Suggestions & Ideas

You could update the sounds, not the music but the background sounds to make it more of an experience, so for most of the phalanx based troops to have the war cry of Alalalalai going when they are marching and the trumpets.
    In combat the clang of metal and the screams of dying men perhaps.

Great mod though.

I think that there is a seriously unfair advantage for barbarians in Auto-Resolve... I had 1700 men and attacked a Thracian general and 1 unit of the first hoplite the Thracians can get... I auto-resolved because a battle like that isn't really fun... The casualties was I lost 1407 men and they lost 96.... That isn't even reasonably possible.... I don't know if this is the mod... But maybe there is something that yall changed to make an army of 950 men have less battle advantage then an army of 250... That's my suggestion... I don't know if it's even possible for you to change that.. but if you could it would make the mod better in my opinion because you don't have to sit through 2 loading screens and 5 minutes of battle everytime 1 hoplite attacks you.... Not trying to hate.. Love this mod... just putting out the suggestion

Check out the morale effects on your troops from the general's traits. Perhaps you've stayed on foreign field without any supplies for way too long and your troop morale / fighting ability is very low. If that is so, return inside your nearest settlement to recuperate.

I really wouldn't think that was the fact (foreign field to long) It might have been the general... He was fresh out of young age (17) The army had only been on the field for about 2 seasons... I left the settlement, got into a battle with a Thracian army guarding the river crossing, then went and besieged.. Istropolis? Itropolis? The barbarian city directly north of Thrace's original capitol... The next turn I assaulted and auto-resolved then the battle mentioned above happened... Luckily! An Apple Software update appeared and jacked up my computer so I had to restart it... and I hadn't saved after the battle So in the end I one the battle.... But about the morale thing... It happens on my southern war front with Thrace with my extremely awesome top star general (Age: 36) So I don't know why this is ... It's just a really big hassle

Might be asking a bit much, but a secondary weapon button perhaps?
    It gets a bit annoying when a unit ie pezhetairoi switch from sarissa to sword when I want them to use Sarissa.
    Just an idea though.
    Oh and the physics seem a bit strange, I thought that from the front, it was nigh on impossible to run into a wall of iron points?

By the way, your mod is giving me a lot of help in writing my book, so thanks a bunch there, it would be hard to write Granicus, Issus and Gaugamela in if I was using vanilla. =D

Leondias: Hold down the ALT key for secondary weapon attack.

HorseArcher146: If you checked the traits and are sure there are no adverse effects, then there's nothing I can help you with, since it comes down to RTW engine mechanics.

Well thanks anyway RedFox... Now I know what generals NOT to send in to battle.

One thing that I would love to see in Diadochi total war is the Roma Surrectum 2 environments that DVK released.

Hey, played version 1.1 and was dissapointed that, contrary to history, the Antigonids had no elephants or large fleet. And the city of Antioch didn't exist in 305bc. It was built by Seleucis Nicator after he swallowed-up the Antigonid kingdom following the Battle of Ipsus.
    Are any of these 3 issues fixed in the newest release?

Quote Originally Posted by spartanbasileus View Post
    Hey, played version 1.1 and was dissapointed that, contrary to history, the Antigonids had no elephants or large fleet. And the city of Antioch didn't exist in 305bc. It was built by Seleucis Nicator after he swallowed-up the Antigonid kingdom following the Battle of Ipsus.
    This is just a mod, not a historic book

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You could add those units and rename city yourself.

Maybe add cataphracts to attalids faction and fix heavy baktrian cavalry in baktrian barracks? What about 0 shield status of East companions (Parthia) and Late generals bodyguards (Egypt)?

Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne View Post
    One thing that I would love to see in Diadochi total war is the Roma Surrectum 2 environments that DVK released.
    If you guys think they are cool enough to be worth including, then I can ask DVK for permission to use them. RTW graphics are surely outdated, some fresh air shouldn't be a bad thing.

There actually was a city named Antigoneia, which was very near to Antioch. You can use the option to rename the cities during the campaign.. As for the elephants and the fleet, that's something we didn't think about since WotD still isn't a 100% finished campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by unDa View Post
    Maybe add cataphracts to attalids faction and fix heavy baktrian cavalry in baktrian barracks? What about 0 shield status of East companions (Parthia) and Late generals bodyguards (Egypt)?
    Shield values have been fixed. What's the issue with Bactrian Heavy Cavalry?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; October 30, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is work still proceeding on this mod then? I am a big fan, just wondered what else might be in the works? Something like the Greek Polis in Heg would be nice

Well, personally I practically won't have any free time in the next months due to Army service, but I can make some hotfixing. Anyone willing to contribute is always welcome of course...my biggest grief is not being able to fix that issue with certain cities in Pyrrhic Wars campaign, and I don't have a clue about it.

Storno The Wise's Avatar Foederatus
    East of Poland, the far side of the world ;)

I've just started playing this mod and I have two little suggestions:
    Make battles longer and change banners at least for Ptolemaic Kingdom. One more province in Mesopotamia also could be an good idea.
    cheers

Longer battles can be achieved by doubling hit points, or increasing defence values. That would require a complete rework of unit stats, I have no skill to do that...
    Banners for the Ptolemies...I know it's ugly, but we have always kept it to keep a vanilla feeling.
    One more province in Mesopotamia? Hell, I thought "our" Mesopotamia was one of the crowdest in the RTW modding world.. do you have any suggestion?

Storno The Wise's Avatar Foederatus
    East of Poland, the far side of the world ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Longer battles can be achieved by doubling hit points, or increasing defence values. That would require a complete rework of unit stats, I have no skill to do that...
    Banners for the Ptolemies...I know it's ugly, but we have always kept it to keep a vanilla feeling.
    One more province in Mesopotamia? Hell, I thought "our" Mesopotamia was one of the crowdest in the RTW modding world.. do you have any suggestion?
    As I remember, there are Dura Europos, Nisbis and Seleucia - I don't count Elam, its separate historic region. I think the most crowded Mesopotamia is in RSII, but I may be wrong due to I didn't play all mods for Rome.

IMHO the best regions ever are Syria and Asia Minor in RTR, there are so many cities... It's a shame that there is limit of 199 provinces.

But don't think I'm complaining, you've made fine mod, and music from "Alexander" is really good choice

RS and RTR use different maps, so they balaced the number of regions in each area in a different way. As you say the amount limit is 199, I don't think we've used all of them but adding more stuff in Syria and Mesopotamia would result in an overcrowdy area...plus consider that development has basically stopped, I am more and more busy with the Army and RedFox wanders around here rarely now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast