Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Hüter der Haine View Post
    Hallo

I´ve also a problem with DTW. Now in DTW 1.2 we can see on the screenshots that there are map changes like here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=471950
    But at every time when i start a campaign, there aren´t changes. I see the old (?) map with errors. That means the "new" regions aren´t at their place where they should be. For example: The city "Pelusium" is in the desert sahara. Deleting and reinstalling aren´t work.

And i had the same problem like deathgiver67 . I had to fix the bugs in descr_strat for every camaign by my own.
    If you have just reinstalled the mod there is no reason why the campaign map is messed up. This is a full installer with no pre-generated map.rwm files in it. And even if you had installed 1.20 Full over a 1.1+1.16 patch version, the installer script should have deleted all your .rwm files. Of course savegames from 1.16 are not compatible with 1.20, so maybe that's your case.

What did you have to fix in the descr_strat files?

Hallo

I´ve started a new campaign and nothing. There´s still the same error. And i´ve looked for .rwm files, all are deleted. I´ve deleted the old 1.1. and installed the new 1.20 Full DTW. But i´ve loaded an old savegame, maybe that was the problem? If i have more time, i will deinstall and install RTW and DTW. Hope that will work.

In the descr_strat files i´ve deleted the character "Cunobelinos" from The Independent People (faction slave). There was an error message, so after deleting this character i could play the campaigns without problems.

What version of RTW are you running? Does the installer warn you about an incorrect version?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    The story about the crashes in PW with the seleucids is even more different. It seems like native eastern colonies cause a CTD whenever a seleucid city with native eastern culture is selected. If the native settlement is removed, the game doesn't crash. This makes no sense, because almost all of the seleucid settlements in WOTD have native eastern culture, and none of them cause trouble.
    I have the same problem with native eastern in PW. I remove in descr_strat this buildings and add them by console commands in campaign script. After that i can play as Seleucid in PW without CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hüter der Haine View Post
    Hallo

I´ve started a new campaign and nothing. There´s still the same error. And i´ve looked for .rwm files, all are deleted. I´ve deleted the old 1.1. and installed the new 1.20 Full DTW. But i´ve loaded an old savegame, maybe that was the problem? If i have more time, i will deinstall and install RTW and DTW. Hope that will work.

In the descr_strat files i´ve deleted the character "Cunobelinos" from The Independent People (faction slave). There was an error message, so after deleting this character i could play the campaigns without problems.
    As I said, 1.20 IS NOT savegame compatible. Also, be sure you are running RTW 1.5, BI 1.6 or ALX 1.9, because the issues you are reporting are absurd..

Quote Originally Posted by unDa View Post
    I have the same problem with native eastern in PW. I remove in descr_strat this buildings and add them by console commands in campaign script. After that i can play as Seleucid in PW without CTD.
    Doesn't the hotfix solve the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    As I said, 1.20 IS NOT savegame compatible. Also, be sure you are running RTW 1.5, BI 1.6 or ALX 1.9, because the issues you are reporting are absurd..
    Problem fixed. After a clean install it works. Now i can see the changes .

Doesn't the hotfix solve the problem?
    No.

I start new campaign by Thrace and found very interesting bug
    I capture Byzantium and after that all my generals who coming age in this city already have General's Hetairoi Bodyguard! WTF?!
    Only generals who comes age in this city.
    Screenshots:

Captured Byzantium

My factions heir have 2 sons and one adopted. They all have Hetairoi!

Another two cheating generals is under siege so i cant show their bodyguards.

What condition need to have this powerful bodyguards?
    Sry for my bad english. I use only cleand mod version 1.20. Some text its just my translation on russian.

It's not 'cheating generals'. Some factions have better cavalry from the start and every general adopted or born as a son to that general, will also have the same type of bodyguards. This is why you see a lot of Spartan bodyguard generals, even though there is no real way to recruit them.

But why this sons have better bodyguards then their father? I guess i need to upgrade to Royal Palace and after that i can recruit this generals but i have they so simple way...
    Iam really dont understand...

At any rate, I don't see the issue here, so I'm hoping you'll figure it out yourself.

Egyptian late bodyguards shiled stat is 0, but they have shields like hetairoi. Screen:

Last edited by unDa; October 18, 2011 at 02:07 AM.

Fixed, thanks for reporting unDa!

Just a bump...proper hotfixes for all the troubles in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign have been posted, as you can see there are two versions according to your DTW installation.

This was never fixed?

I can't recruit Socii Cohort in Italy as Gaul with the latest version.

That was forgotten in time...they can't be recruited because they have no other faction ownership than romans.

The question then is what was the original intent: that other factions should be able to recruit them, or not?

honestly, I don't know because at the time I was just working on the campaigns, there were other guys taking care of coding, units and buildings. But from what I've read in that thread it seems there's nothing against making socii cohorts available for other factions.

I am quite busy with RL at the moment, but will make a hotfix for this.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Its just a matter of editing the EDB isnt it? adding the factions to this bit
    Code:
    { romans_julii, }