Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Issues

Alright, my CTD is now magically gone but, when I click on Tarentum and try to construct something I get booted. This is all while playing with Epirus. I never really thought about saving the game first so I will try that again and I am using Alexander while playing this mod.

What do you mean "get booted"? And you get all these troubles while playing Epirus?

Ok, I tried the imperial campaign and the other regional campaigns and I could save and load alright.
    I tried playing the Pyrrhic wars campaign with other factions and the Save and Load options can't be clicked on (even though I kept saves from the other campaigns). This is definitely a bug.
    Can someone help me please.
    This is the only campaign I am really interested in playing.

Read the FAQs.

-) Sometimes the Save\Load game buttons in the campaign map menu are greyed.

Exit the game and delete your RTW\DTW\preferences folder.

Thanks for the reply.
    I tried to do what the FAQ says but it didn't work. The Pyrrhic wars campaign is the only one that does me this. Really weird...

Yeah, I have always fixed that issue by simply deleting the pref folder. Try to delete both the folder and all map.rwm files and see if it works. Also, have you read the FAQ warning about playing different campaigns in the same gaming session? That's very important as well..

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

The campaign script is still running. This is why you cannot save. Most likely a bug in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign script.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    The campaign script is still running. This is why you cannot save. Most likely a bug in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign script.
    Is there no way to fix this?

I also tried to delete the map.rwm files and I tried starting the Pyrrhic campaign directly with trying other ones. I still couldn't load or save.

Try to terminate the script manually, then exit and restart. If even this don't work, then I really don't know what you might do...I have always fixed it very easily.

[QUOTE=Spartan 666;10111292]

Hi, I'm new on this forum. I have add new names in the games (in name, desc names and desc names lookup files) and i rename character in strat files in imperial campaign and War of Diadochi but games crash when i want to start a campaign. I have read some tutorials and i don't understand why the game crash. So I required help please.

Excuse me for my bad english.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Download the Zeus Tool - the almighty RTW file validator. It should help you along the way.

Thanks for this RedFox!
    I will try this when I have time.

In addition, I thank you for this great mod and your team !!

Hello, excuse me again ResFox. I used your program and I have corrected a mistake, a name on strat file in the War of diadochi and Imeprial campaign. However, the two campaigns do not work. Is that this may be because I changed too many names in the strat file?

Please give us more details...does the game give any kind of error message? What engine are you using?

Anyway it's hardly a matter of how many names you've changed, you can change all of them if you want, as long as all entries are correct.

The game give any kind of error message. Game go back to the main menu for Imperial campaign. For Diadochi campaign game crash, go back to windows. In fact i add few names in Names, desc Names and Names Lookup: Seleucos, Demetrios, Peucestas, Alexandros for Seleucids, Macedon and Pergame. Maximus, philippus and a surname Decimus_Meridius for Roman. I am using Windows XP
    Last edited by Séleucos Nikator; August 20, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

If you get a KTM (Kick To Menu) with the imperial, try to start it and then exit the game immediately. Should give some kind of error message, while CTDs usually don't.

I don't think it's a matter of WinXP, indeed RTW should run better and smoother on that OS. A possibility should be hidden characters and formattation...are you using the default Windows Notepad or something else? I highly recommend Notepad++. It allows to see hidden characters and to change EOL (End Of Line) settings and text formattation. Not all the files have to be formatted in the same way.

I can't help you more precisely right now, I've just got a new laptop and don't have the chance to reinstall RTW for a while.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 20, 2011 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks for the program Notepad++. I download this and i found mistake in Strat file. Now two campaign work. Thanks for help!

Now i can begin new campaign.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 20, 2011 at 07:24 AM.

Glad to hear that. Remember, from now on, to always use Notepad++. It saves a lot of unexplicable crashes..

The game crashes when selecting certain settlements in Pyrrhus and Sons of Mars campaigns, this happens almost exclusively with the Seleucids and Epirus, and Greeks in Sons of Mars. I have no idea why because it gives no error.

Also, the new resorces for this mod, I think its salt, fish and horses show up as gold in the settlement trade scroll. I also have no idea why because the icon textures are there and path is right in the descr_sm_resources, (data/ui/resources/resource_fish.tga), for example. Maybe you can help Spartan.

In case you were wondering, I still get these errors on a non-modded version of 1.20, so it is not from me changing files.

Thanks for reporting, will investigate on the crashes.

About the resources icons...if the path is right and the files are there, I don't know why it shouldn't be displayed correctly. Will investigate on this as well.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast