Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

Default Re: NEW FAN PATCH

Idk, I'd like to see Rheged in that mix eventually... it's relatively powerful and positioned to allow the player to take the fight into any part of the map, giving a lot of freedom of play.
    Dyfeint is pretty much stuck in the lower third fighting the Saxon/German invasion, good choice for a first campaign though, as precisely because of that, you won't have to have everything fleshed out 100%.

For the Germans, Saxons seem the obvious choice, but might turn out to be rather boring or require a lot of scripting/artficial and ahistorical stacking of the odds against a human player. They work better as the big bad AI boogeyman than as a player faction, IMHO.

Dal Riata for Irish/Gaelic sounds good, interesting faction in a challenging position that'll highlight a lot of the cool stuff the mod and setting have to offer beyond the standard "Arthur vs ze evil Saxons"

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

i hear ye , rheged is well on the agenda and is a good introduction campaign , yes in the dyfient campaign that im working on , there is more money in the game but the germans are well beefed up , basicaly everytime a scripted reinforcement arrives it comes with a general , also because of the close up scale of the mod i have totaly reworked the characters in game , the player is gonna be taking on some dark age legends with exstensive traits and command stars{even the rebels} , when you take on a family member from another posse your gonna know about it,{these guys are raging dark age warlords ,not one star pussys} , also i have found that increasing archers prices and the lowering of cavalry prices has made the ai recruit better armys of heavier units , also i have been adding hillforts to the game though there is a path finding issue which i am trying to resolve and is still an issue over at rs2

Hey, I made an account just to comment! I've tried to get Arthurian Total War mod but none of the mirrors work, for me anyway, but they seem to have been posted in like 2006 so it's understandable. I gave up but stumbled upon this thread and it looks great! I just wanted to ask you that when you do upload what you have created, will I be able to download and play it straight onto a fresh BI folder? Because I can't seem to get any earlier versions of A:TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelstrix View Post
    Hey, I made an account just to comment! I've tried to get Arthurian Total War mod but none of the mirrors work, for me anyway, but they seem to have been posted in like 2006 so it's understandable. I gave up but stumbled upon this thread and it looks great! I just wanted to ask you that when you do upload what you have created, will I be able to download and play it straight onto a fresh BI folder? Because I can't seem to get any earlier versions of A:TW.
    welcome to total war forums mate , may your stay be merry and bright and may your total war addiction not cost you your marraige and your job or your place at university or even make you miss your signing on day at the dole ............... i put up a link for the whole package {original version raven feeders 0.73a}and rs2 enviroments , when my submod is released its looking likely that it will only be playable on the alex engine , although i will release parts of the mod that can work on bi also .

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21033...ers+package.7z try this one remember it does not go inside bi it sits alongside it
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 04, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    welcome to total war forums mate , may your stay be merry and bright and may your total war addiction not cost you your marraige and your job or your place at university or even make you miss your signing on day at the dole ............... i put up a link for the whole package {original version raven feeders 0.73a}and rs2 enviroments , when my submod is released its looking likely that it will only be playable on the alex engine , although i will release parts of the mod that can work on bi also .

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21033...ers+package.7z try this one remember it does not go inside bi it sits alongside it
    Have any of those things happened to you

Signature made by Joar

Default Re: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

yes all of them.....and more at the begining i was a millionaire now im a homeless heroin addict , i break into computer shops at night to do sum modding and by day i drift around seafronts looking in trash cans, i think its only fair to give the new guy fair warning
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 04, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

How the mighty have fallen, but still you strive to perfect this mod, your hero...It's a pity you'll be soon

Signature made by Joar

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to moderate my war-gaming

I tried that mirror but yet again the website just crashes... however it's now downloading fine on my brother's mac and I'll get the file from there. This is a major blow for myself (pc fan) haha.

Yes, sorry I do have Alexander as well, so no worries. I beat the campaign when I was 12... but I could never get passed the historical river battle in Asia Minor, I'll have to try again sometime now I have some experience!

no worrys mate dunno why its crashing but iv heard that before on gamefront anyways enjoy ,theres an rs2 enviroments patch in the main threads somewhere to if your puter can handle it , .....right its ten to 12 uk time here and iv just cooked me up a fat load of smack and im now just gonna smash the front of pc world in with a half brick so i can twinkle and tweak with me sub mods on one of there souped up alien hybrid quad apple core x 20 fuel injected over priced rigs .....peace out ....G

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

yeah gamefront can be problematic lately. I think I'll play arthur tonight.

no time to cook up anything granto! get working on the submods.
    Last edited by z3n; April 04, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    yeah gamefront can be problematic lately. I think I'll play arthur tonight.

no time to cook up anything granto! get working on the submods.
    im waiting on rome medieval 3.1 due any time, i know theyve put a lot of work in and im interested to see how theyv implemented a few things {so that i can implement a few things}, check it out resef , it might be very good its been a year in the making of their patch . i recommend it to everyone
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 05, 2012 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks GRANTO, it's all working well now, I've put all the unit files, world files, ui files etc from the UnOfficialFanPatch where they should be. 073a, music etc is all finished and I started a campaign as Dalriada. (There is no money!) But I have 1 more question, in the package I also got a text file called "ATW_Campaign" (1,147 KB) and I'm not sure where it's supposed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelstrix View Post
    Thanks GRANTO, it's all working well now, I've put all the unit files, world files, ui files etc from the UnOfficialFanPatch where they should be. 073a, music etc is all finished and I started a campaign as Dalriada. (There is no money!) But I have 1 more question, in the package I also got a text file called "ATW_Campaign" (1,147 KB) and I'm not sure where it's supposed to go.
    that goes in scripts folder mate its got a fix in it , id recommend the rs2 enviroz they realy add to it

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Just come to wish you good luck GRANTO, looking forward tot the mod. However, I must say I do not like the idea of separate modfoldered campaign because I prefer the things being simple. But I am probably in the minority I quess

I think provincial campaigns might be less work and the same effect but at the same time ATW being like RS2 would be an interesting sight.

making single campaigns allows for me to tweak a campaign around a certain faction {without having to balance the rest} and help the ai a lot , i will be releasing every part of this that i can as seperate sub mods tofit on to raven feeders original so there will always be that option to,.........still working at it...

You deserve more recognition for all this effort

Signature made by Joar

@granto
    i like your efforts and will thank you my english is not good a download is not made at this moment so i wait a little more and thank you again

yes it will come , i just take my time now getting all my ideas into it , theres no point rushing, things get done better with modding if you take your time , i can promise it will be a blast of a campaign and hard too,different from raven feeders but with raven feeders at its heart

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    yes it will come , i just take my time now getting all my ideas into it , theres no point rushing, things get done better with modding if you take your time , i can promise it will be a blast of a campaign and hard too,different from raven feeders but with raven feeders at its heart
    yeah for sure; taking time with modding is the only way to go and catch all those pesky bugs nd implement any new features instead of making lots of patches. in my opinion this fan submod should be an official update it's looking that good! too bad they don't visit TWC they would appreciate it as much as all the people following this do