Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

Default Re: NEW FAN PATCH

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    im still working on this and building it up and i have just learned a few new things while i was working on my version of oim which i will be adding to this and anybody thats played my version of oim will know what to expect with this mod {albeit in a totaly different time frame} stay tuned
    You rock, Granto!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

just to say im still very much working on this , its gonna have lots in it and i hope its gonna be worth the wait!

alls looking good here , im hopeful rs2 will let me use there new hillfort in this mod {which is released in there next patch} with most of the settlements on this map being hillforts , fingers crossed

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

That would be excellent

Signature made by Joar

also im testing some castles from chiv tw {which i dont have permission to use yet} but im hoping i can use these as tintagel and edinburgh castle and possibly a few more

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

As soon as this comes out I'm uninstalling EB, installing BI and then installing ATW and this.

Moderator Emeritus

you may find this of some interest http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36#post8998036

I already have incorporated these and am having quite alot of fun but it might not be your thing.

(redfox)'Exploring these files and folders should help you with your ordeal:

DTW\Data\descr_building_battle.txt // dbb includes
    DTW\Data\descr_building_battle\dbb_barbarian_invasion.txt // building defs
    DTW\Data\descr_walls.txt // wall definitions
    DTW\Data\descr_items.txt // items.db generation table
    DTW\Data\descr_items.db // generated items db
    DTW\Data\export_descr_buildings.txt // a few wall hacks there
    DTW\Data\models_building\WALLS\ // model and info files for the walls
    DTW\Data\models_building\textures\ // texture files
    The porting part is just simple copy-pasting the necessary entries.'

Edit: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10849473 might also interest you (maybe its just me but I like watchtowers more )
    Last edited by z3n; February 03, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

the city and town models that will be in AATW , more natural and better looking,also watchtowers will be villages
    Last edited by GRANTO; February 09, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

heres how the strat map is shaping up , there will be no borders or strat map banners , the player will have to play like a real general and gather information through spys and diplomats to get a sense of whats going on in the AATW world , this adds total immersion and chalenge to a campaign , as decision making becomes vital , no more will the player know how strong a garrison is and muster up double the troops to take it unless he does his homework , so imagine trying to take a hillfort blind without knowing whats inside , or not spotting that naval invasion in the south as your forces are in the north , ARTHUR ALEXANDER every step is a step closer cheers aradan

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice work GRANTO I see some RTR inspiration here.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Nice work GRANTO I see some RTR inspiration here.
    very much so

also today i have goten rid of all those ruins and vineyards and stuff from the battles and now have all the varying stone circles in the battlefield for the whole map , heres a battle going on between 2 henges

This looks fantastic, Granto. As always, you've outdone yourself. I thought playing it on ALX was good enough... But this... just goes beyond. Can't wait!

when i first started this project i had no idea that i would ever get raven feeders looking like it does now im sure you will agree its taking on a fine form , these pics are with bloom lighting ,bloom is a strange hazy lighting effect that seems to add a real look and also a dreamy effect its hard to explain really except that it looks amazing ,it gives it a medieval 2 kinda look, bloom will be optional {but highly recommended}add on in ARTHUR ALEXANDER , G

That looks very good, it adds a lot of atmosphere to the RS environments. And unlike in action or FPS games, it shouldn't negatively interfere with gameplay either.

Quote Originally Posted by jackx View Post
    That looks very good, it adds a lot of atmosphere to the RS environments. And unlike in action or FPS games, it shouldn't negatively interfere with gameplay either.
    yes , even these pics are not capturing it properly ,its awsome , it works on my nvidia card but not on my intergrated so you do need a dedicated card to get the effect{it seems} on the nvidia card i noticed a minimal difference in performance but like you say it was minimal, right im off to have alook at this rs2.5

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

How is it going ?
    I cannot remember if it was said on this thread but have you seen the walk-able walls on the forts in Diadochoi TW ?
    Also you should have towns looking like scruffy in need of repair Roman towns, with lots of cheap crappy buildings in among them
    Last edited by Constantius; March 21, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Signature made by Joar

Moderator Emeritus

yeah, I gave him the link idt he's interested though. you would need to adjust pathfinding and whatnot, its probably more trouble then its worth.

hi , its certainly some thing im interested in long term , at the moment im trying to get the hillforts in , also the campaigns will be seperate like rs2 {this allows me to do different things to balance for a specific factions and the ai , so the first campaign release will be 'ARTHUR ALEXANDER ...THE SONG OF ARTHUR' dyfient campaign , so im taking suggestions for a germanic campiagn an irish campaign another briton campaign and i will do a pict campaign to get things rolling , these campaigns will be seperate and easily installed , so which irish campaign and german one and briton should i do first ? cheers guys

Moderator Emeritus

dalrida, seaxe, dynfeit sound good. you could make a thread for a poll too.