Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

Default Re: NEW FAN PATCH

Regarding balance, VH battles can be enormously skewed, particularly if the base stats are very low - in ATW, they were (are?) very high, so even the +7 uberpeasants of doom, while of course much more dangerous than without the stat boost, would still be quite a bit worse than elites.
    In any case, the AI is just as inept as before, and its defenses aren't improved, so it'll still fall to the good old mix of missiles and flank/rear charges almost as quickly as before, and in just as boring and potentially immersion-breaking fashion.

Campaign difficulty, I don't know much about, I think I remember reading that on VH, some AI bonuses (money) weren't working as intended, but that was RTW/BI, might actually be fixed for ALX. Rabid AI behaviour will of course remain a problem, particularly with so many small factions that can easily ruin themselves through multiple wars...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, and dial down the difficulty if we think it's necessary, or find it to provide a more enjoyable experience.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jackx View Post
    Regarding balance, VH battles can be enormously skewed, particularly if the base stats are very low - in ATW, they were (are?) very high, so even the +7 uberpeasants of doom, while of course much more dangerous than without the stat boost, would still be quite a bit worse than elites.
    In any case, the AI is just as inept as before, and its defenses aren't improved, so it'll still fall to the good old mix of missiles and flank/rear charges almost as quickly as before, and in just as boring and potentially immersion-breaking fashion.

Campaign difficulty, I don't know much about, I think I remember reading that on VH, some AI bonuses (money) weren't working as intended, but that was RTW/BI, might actually be fixed for ALX. Rabid AI behaviour will of course remain a problem, particularly with so many small factions that can easily ruin themselves through multiple wars...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, and dial down the difficulty if we think it's necessary, or find it to provide a more enjoyable experience.
    yeah i hated how i would build up for a battle on raven feeders , the ai would come on to you ,you charge , they fold , they run, you mop up , battle over , same again in the next battle {yawn} , i hope iv changed that this time , the lowest morale is 20 i think in arthur alexander and with the lethality low, theres hopefully a bit more thinking to do mid battle now, units can still be routed but it takes a bit more hammering into them and one thing iv noticed is the longer a battle lasts the trickier it can become ,lowering the lethality makes the ai move in different ways to , it becomes cautious , skirmish can be more and longer , it splits its troops , it trys to flank as well, if you rush charge it , it can back off and leave your line in a mess then rush you, its never gonna be the best ai but we want it to at least make us think {a little}
    Last edited by GRANTO; September 19, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

after having a chat over at rome vicit i can confirm that that they will be releasing there real time sea battles mod to the community which i will be implementing with my improved naval invasion on ARTHUR ALEXANDER , so there will be real time sea battles around the british isles

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

I read up on sea battles a few weeks ago and it sounds like they would theoretically work without a problem in MTW2 but it would be be much harder in RTW! I'm very surprised that they managed to create sea battles. It will be great to see them implemented in AATW.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    I read up on sea battles a few weeks ago and it sounds like they would theoretically work without a problem in MTW2 but it would be be much harder in RTW! I'm very surprised that they managed to create sea battles. It will be great to see them implemented in AATW.
    yeah i would think everybodys waiting to see what this is like, i thought id never see it on rtw but modders keep bending the boundrys, should be interesting and if its good every mod is likely to have it there after abit like rs2 enviroments

WORK UPDATE FOR ARTHUR ALEXANDER , greetings just to show the new lush green campaign map which show the terrain up really well{important when choosing a battle ground if you dont want to fight in deep forest} and hengest at the start {portrait by joar} the new map texture is from rtr7 extras folder , it was unused for rtr7 i believe .
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 04, 2011 at 05:03 AM.

WORK UPDATE: still doing more and more each day , i have sorted out the mercenary cards that were showing generic card{except 1} i have put cards in for spys and assassins ,{which were vanilla} also the spys and assassins strat models are different {all black mtw2} i have also changed a lot of resources on the strat map for mtw2 icons {mines and trade animals and the likes are all much easier to see on the strat map now} gonna keep tidy it up until there is no vanilla stuff left {vanilla stuff wastes the immersion of the game imo} all in all its looking really good , also i have cut the movement points back{a lot} to let all factions grow slower so that by say 510-520 a lot of the factions are still in play so it has become more like a chess game{i know its not realistic to move from edinburgh to glasgow in 3 months but it suits the map size better making for a more complex drawn out campaign where spys are very much needed to eek out your next move} elmet even lasted 15 years instead of 2 , so all in its still coming along very well , stay tuned

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great job, have you also changed the eastern stone walls of romanobritish to some more realistic (roman or barbarian)?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Great job, have you also changed the eastern stone walls of romanobritish to some more realistic (roman or barbarian)?
    yeah thats on the menu

Looks good!

It all looks good Granto. + Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    It all looks good Granto. + Rep.
    thanks char and thanks for your help , big up + rep

Im looking into how you implement wall texture for the eastern factions.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Im looking into how you implement wall texture for the eastern factions.
    good man , it would be great to get a fix for this and your textures in place.
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 18, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

keep it up=)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Juan View Post
    keep it up=)
    cheers man , i will be keeping it up , have just finished event pics , a lot of them i took from medieval tw 1 the kinda black and white ones , im now focusing on getting new textures for the eastern walls

Have you seen the wall textures which char made for FoR? I like them a lot

Have you seen the wall textures which char made for FoR? I like them a lot
    Sneak preview of another wall texture, in the late Roman long brick style. Texture still needs some work.

Still looking into the texture and wall files, in order to aid Granto in implementing more custom wall textures to mod.

Last edited by char; October 20, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

ah so, you are alredy cooperating thats great

ah so, you are alredy cooperating thats great
    In my small way