Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Blog 3 - PSFs (8th Entry - PSF Script)

Default Re: Map Blog 3 - PSFs (5th Entry - Italy)

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    We could have used this, but it doesn't really represent Pisa or Florence or the Communes themselves. I believe this was just the personal arms of Matilda, and therefore we wouldn't have been used even by her heirs, which of course she do not have- certainly none that maintained control over the faction that we are calling 'the Tuscan Communes'. Basically it won't work for the Pisa/Florence faction slot.
    Actually, it also served as the Coat of Arms of Cannosa. That's why I cited it as just one example. I'm sure there are other COAs that could serve for the two main cities in both Communes.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I'm not being funny, but if you can come up with something and cite actual sources (you can't just show us a pic and say 'this is historical') then we'd really look at it. We're not infallible. Well I am but the team isn't.
    Keep in mind though that the Comuni Toscani faction is more than Matilda, more than Canossa and more than Pisa too. Of course we can make transitions, but transitions should also be more than changing a flag. A transition should be the transit from one era of a faction or people into another- this includes units, titles, tech trees etc.

The Pisan flag and the Florence flag are the best we could come up with.

I'm learnding from this mod already! When I saw Bern I was like, "Guys! That's not Switzerland! Sillies!" But apparently that's Romeo and Juliet'sville? Interesting. Also Zena=Genoa. It's looking pretty sweet, and I love the PSF's. Who cares if that means more siege battles, you guys want history, you get history, warts and all!

Resurrection, what can be said except http://tinyurl.com/cddeot.

I'm not being funny, but if you can come up with something and cite actual sources (you can't just show us a pic and say 'this is historical') then we'd really look at it. We're not infallible. Well I am but the team isn't.
    Keep in mind though that the Comuni Toscani faction is more than Matilda, more than Canossa and more than Pisa too. Of course we can make transitions, but transitions should also be more than changing a flag. A transition should be the transit from one era of a faction or people into another- this includes units, titles, tech trees etc.

The Pisan flag and the Florence flag are the best we could come up with.
    And I'm just trying to be constructive, not trying to spark debate nor needlessly criticize someone's hard, beautiful work. I didn't post a pic and say here use this, I just posted a pic as an example to generate discussion on what for sure we can and can't use. When I have some free time, I'll be happy to consult with others who have more knowledge about Medieval Italy than I and post some better ones and see what the team thinks.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Nice map good work! Looking forward to see the complete map, think it looks very well thought of.

Thought i have a quistion about crusades in this new map how will they go whit this many forts (can be very possitive) how will the movement of crusades go? Expecailly late game wenn factions are at war whit eachader?

Futhermore you want it to be the most realistic mod arround, i suggest and i hope you dont use scripted charecters cause the conditions where they did arrive cant be recreated. Which side mods are you using i know magyar total war, baltic total war, CBUR and russhini but which more? Also how is the unit develoment going for the european factions going like HRE, itialian, France, denmark ect cause i think those factions can be mush more fun in this mod then in ather mods.

Keep up the good work looking forward.

The PSFs will probably make it easier for crusaders to go by ship and not over land, as you say- they'd be unlikely to get there since they'd be going through lands blocked by their enemies. We still need to test this though. One option might be that we do something with alliances, so that a catholic faction at war with another catholic faction cannot join the crusade.

The PSFs will probably make it easier for crusaders to go by ship and not over land, as you say- they'd be unlikely to get there since they'd be going through lands blocked by their enemies.
    Aye, but people did go overland so it would be good if you are still able to do so, obviously it would take a long while, but it should be feasible. Maybe some sort of right of travel for crusading armies? (would ruin some interesting politics however)
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

That map is gorgousness and gorgosity made flesh... and it's going to be so ultra-violent in-game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

Foederatus

very nice and a huge amount of work on it. i cannot wait for game, to take rule over my sweet bohemia
    this game looks like unbelievable gift from creators

Will there be a way for us to know what places these PSF's are, seeing as they have no name banner like cities? Also just out of curiosity, what is the PSF in Fife just east of Perth?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseless Nomad View Post
    Will there be a way for us to know what places these PSF's are, seeing as they have no name banner like cities? Also just out of curiosity, what is the PSF in Fife just east of Perth?
    North is Dundee and south is St. Andrews. It is slightly more west because of the port on the other bank (PSFs cannot be placed in close proximity to it unfortunately).

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Will there be a way for us to know what places these PSF's are, seeing as they have no name banner like cities?
    We hope we can create a specfic trait for each coordinate of the PSF but I have been told this is impossoble. If it can be done, then you would be able to read info on the settlement- its name, history and its bonuses when you browse the trait on the character.

We hope we can create a specfic trait for each coordinate of the PSF but I have been told this is impossoble. If it can be done, then you would be able to read info on the settlement- its name, history and its bonuses when you browse the trait on the character.
    That would be nice, if it is possible. It would be great to have just any way of reading the history of the settlement, it's specific gameplay effect and reasons for inclusion in the mod. Even as part of the upcoming manual. Man I cannot wait to play this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Tuscany is geographical area. Our faction Comuni Toscani changes its COA based on the actual capital.
    So wait, are you saying it’s possible to change the coat of arms of a faction without using another faction slot? I was under the impression that you couldn’t have more faction symbols than the maximum number of factions, ie, 31. Every time someone mentions the “Kalmar Union” script, they claim that it uses a faction slot, and I had thought this must be the reason why.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

amazing work guys can't wait to see east of map

Will there be a way for us to know what places these PSF's are, seeing as they have no name banner like cities?
    Maybe someone can create a map which people can download?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

smart

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    Yeah mate, good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    I think a team member mentioned the possibility of this before, i was enthusiastic about the idea then as i am now!

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

nice work about Italy

PS: It is even planned to assign ancillaries on the PSF?
    If yes what is planned for Nice and Monaco?(I believe its the references for the eastern-coastal Provence)