Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Guide on the Descr_Mount.txt

Default Re: A Guide on the Descr_Mount.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Never seen more then three values in that line, any links to discussions? eg confirmation that adding values define the hit box?
    The trolls in TATW have a massively increased collision mass value (60 instead of 1, the third value in soldier line) but that can't be the definition of the hit box?
    I have read the code of the game that reads it, i have played enough mods that use it and i experimented with it the myself. This is what the explanation at the top of the EDU says for me:

; soldier Name of the soldier model to use (from descr_models_battle.txt)
    ; followed by the number of ordinary soldiers in the unit
    ; followed by the number of extras (pigs dogs, elephants, chariots artillery pieces etc attached to the unit)
    ; followed by the collision mass of the men. 1.0 is normal. [Only applies to infantry]
    ; followed by radius. 0.4 is normal. [Only applies to infantry]
    ; followed by height 1.7 is normal. [Only applies to infantry]

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lete-EDU-Guide RTW guide mentions it
    Last edited by Jojo00182; March 04, 2021 at 09:44 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Excellent reference, thanks. Haven't worked much with RTW and it's not mentioned in any M2TW EDU that I can recall.

• [radius](may not be visible) : Hidden attribute radius of the unit. The default value is 0.4. It's the area surrounding each single soldier that he "occupies" as the engine perceives it (not visually that is). Small radius makes a unit fight better, in that it allows soldiers to fight more closely to each other, resulting in more men of the small-radius unit fighting against fewer of the enemy one's.
    • [height](may not be visible) : Hidden attribute height of the unit. The default value is 1.7. It represents the height of the unit's soldiers (again not visually). Little is known concerning the exact way that height functions, but it is known that the higher it's value, the weaker the unit.

The two battle mechanic articles referenced at the top look interesting and informative as well, maybe they are applicable to M2TW as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Excellent reference, thanks. Haven't worked much with RTW and it's not mentioned in any M2TW EDU that I can recall.

• [radius](may not be visible) : Hidden attribute radius of the unit. The default value is 0.4. It's the area surrounding each single soldier that he "occupies" as the engine perceives it (not visually that is). Small radius makes a unit fight better, in that it allows soldiers to fight more closely to each other, resulting in more men of the small-radius unit fighting against fewer of the enemy one's.
    • [height](may not be visible) : Hidden attribute height of the unit. The default value is 1.7. It represents the height of the unit's soldiers (again not visually). Little is known concerning the exact way that height functions, but it is known that the higher it's value, the weaker the unit.

The two battle mechanic articles referenced at the top look interesting and informative as well, maybe they are applicable to M2TW as well?

I think parts of it could apply but they definitly changed quite a few things.
    I will rather decipher the actual calculation algorithm than do these long test, that produce data that is somewhat hard to interprete.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well I thought it's known feature in M2TW. I use unit radius and height lowering for elite infantry in my mod and it seems to work as intended. No crashes at least.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12