Thread: [Decision] Move Historical Politia Files Into The Living History Section of the Symposium

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default [Decision] Move Historical Politia Files Into The Living History Section of the Symposium

Post updated 3/15/2024

=====================================
    1. This premise of this Decision suggests that we move Politia files dated prior to 2011 into the Living History section of the Symposium. These threads hold nothing but historical value now for this forum, and their release would not affect any current Curial activities.

2. The Consul will appoint a Small Council of 4 members to oversee and review the material. Threads and posts deemed sensitive will be marked and excluded from the material moved into the "Living History Forum". The Small Council will vote on these issues, with he Consul serving as tie-breaker.
    =========================================

General Comments:

I have reviewed these threads and their is nothing out of the order in terms of their content. These are mostly older CDEC files dealing with citizenship, medals and positions in the curial structure. Reading them gives interesting insight into the earliest workings of board administration, how that evolved into a curia, and then back. This type of content is currently normal viewing for everyone here on TWC (citizenship, medals, votes for board positions, etc.).

Anyone following the history of this forum would be interested in this material.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 15, 2024 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Decision] Move Historical Politia Files Into The Living History Section of the Symposium

Interesting thought, however I clicked fairly randomly on page 11/early 2008 and happened on a full page discussing disciplinary actions which I believe would not be appropriate to release in public regardless of exact date. I think this needs to be more discretionary then simply releasing all files prior to 2011.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Decision] Move Historical Politia Files Into The Living History Section of the Symposium

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Interesting thought, however I clicked fairly randomly on page 11/early 2008 and happened on a full page discussing disciplinary actions which I believe would not be appropriate to release in public regardless of exact date. I think this needs to be more discretionary then simply releasing all files prior to 2011.
    Unlike regular board activity, Curial matters do not deal with moderation issues and for the most part these have been viewable to other citizens at different times. There is little or no personal information here that can be compromised. At this point these events took place almost 20 years ago and have nothing but historical interest to anyone.

a full page discussing disciplinary actions which I believe would not be appropriate to release
    These disciplinary actions are most likely dealing with citizenship status, and as we know that is a creation of the Curia.

However, I suppose a review of the material could be scheduled before movement into the Living History forum.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

After a brief search, I have determined that there are no Curial guidelines for the archiving of these threads. In fact, I may unilaterally release them as part of the general history of TWC and the Curia.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

Perhaps a small council of 4 to oversee movement of the threads into the "Living History Forum".

​​

The House of Baltar

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I would be impressed to see a full 4 particularly interested to do it.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Blog Entries

I updated the original proposal with the idea of the Small Council.

If any of the material is deemed sensitive, then it can be excluded from the movement of other, historical material into the "Living History Forum".

​​

The House of Baltar