Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

I cannot find the patches...

Quote Originally Posted by aquilaXXI View Post
    I cannot find the patches...
    sorry, you said they were in the first post. I did not realize.Thanks!

New Buildings

Colonisation - for all new regions
    Latin Rights - only in latinum
    Citizenship - only in latinum
    Provincial Citizenship - all historical regions to the limits of the historical Roman Empire
    I was wondering if these would have an effect on what units can be recruited once you are outside of the roman historical provinces? or outide of latinum?

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    I've never come across this before and I can only think of one thing that made this happen.

On the descr_strat file I added this line to the Senate Faction as I had been doing some testing, and the descr_region file still has rome and italy as hidden resources:

faction romans_senate, comfortable napoleon
    superfaction romans_senate
    denari 50000
    settlement

I have attached a screenshot below showing a new campaign still telling me I can't attack the Senate:

How much popular support do you have, and at what stage of the game are you at. How much territory do you have and money etc?

Glad I could sort some the stones problem out.
    I have around 20-25 territories, and a lot of money in the coffers. Basictly I was trying to march one of my army from one settlement to the next, and I had to pass SPQR in order to do that. I needed two turns so I just stopped in their land, after I ended the turn they attacked me. So we were at war it said SPQR war with House Julli... apparently after this I was allowed to attack rome... we were like any other warring faction. So I took it and all the stuff that I mentioned in the original post occured.

I think my senate popularity was around halfway or 1 or 2 less then halfway.

I have a question, I have been reading the forums and usually when you have 20-25 regions shoudln't a civil war occur? At this point my popularity with the masses is only 5 and Senate around the same, Since the map is bigger.. does this mod require me to take more regions to get more popularity?

THanks

Have you tried stopping in their territory and ending a turn there? Do they attack?

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@jamiemgr

New Buildings

Colonisation - for all new regions
    Latin Rights - only in latinum
    Citizenship - only in latinum
    Provincial Citizenship - all historical regions to the limits of the historical Roman Empire

I was wondering if these would have an effect on what units can be recruited once you are outside of the roman historical provinces? or outide of latinum
    Essentially, you will always need to colonise a new province before you can build any units at all, either in Latinum or within the Historical Empire boundaries. For Colonisation to work, any given region must have the hidden_resource roman to trigger the ability for this building to appear. Colonisation on its own will only allow levy units (your typical (ZOR) Zone of Recruitment) and auxillary units to be built. Outside Latinum but within the historical boundaries you as a Roman faction must build Provincial Citizenship in order to recruit true Roman units such s hastati, triarii etc.

Therefore, all Roman factions conquering new regions outside latinum but within the Empire will be able to build levy units, auxillary units and true roman units.

Within Latinum when a roman faction conquers a new region, if Trade Rights (historical trade rights with Rome) haven't been built by the Rebel Latin regions, they must build Trade Rights, and then build Citizenship before being able to recruit true roman units like hastati. However, in the former Greek colonies of Croton and Neapolis etc I have allowed the construction of auxillary barracks to recruit specific greco-roman units as auxillaries. There are no levy units recruitable in latinum (or there shouldn't be?) with the exception of Mediolanum, Venetia, Bonnonia and Placentia which allow for Gallic levies, before the marian reforms only as after that Latiunm should be in Roman hands.

All the above is the theory, and I need to check my hidden resource triggers when I begin to make this campaign much harder shortly (for the Roman Factions). Hopefully the above makes a little more sense and hopefully I have answered your question.

@Warmonger_25

I have a question, I have been reading the forums and usually when you have 20-25 regions shoudln't a civil war occur? At this point my popularity with the masses is only 5 and Senate around the same, Since the map is bigger.. does this mod require me to take more regions to get more popularity?
    I didn't know that about the regions and civil war, all I know that is I just used the default win conditions for this campaign......which as you have pointed out could possibly be an oversight? I think for a Roman Faction to become Imperator it must hold 50 regions and outlive a specific faction. I'll need to look at this a bit more!

Have you tried stopping in their territory and ending a turn there? Do they attack?
    No but I will tonight, hopefully this doesn't occur with only a couple of settlements. I must also look at movement points especially for admirals, but also to help with pathfinding of armies. I'm not sure I increased these before I released the mod.

Essentially, you will always need to colonise a new province before you can build any units at all, either in Latinum or within the Historical Empire boundaries. For Colonisation to work, any given region must have the hidden_resource roman to trigger the ability for this building to appear. Colonisation on its own will only allow levy units (your typical (ZOR) Zone of Recruitment) and auxillary units to be built. Outside Latinum but within the historical boundaries you as a Roman faction must build Provincial Citizenship in order to recruit true Roman units such s hastati, triarii etc.

Therefore, all Roman factions conquering new regions outside latinum but within the Empire will be able to build levy units, auxillary units and true roman units.

Within Latinum when a roman faction conquers a new region, if Trade Rights (historical trade rights with Rome) haven't been built by the Rebel Latin regions, they must build Trade Rights, and then build Citizenship before being able to recruit true roman units like hastati. However, in the former Greek colonies of Croton and Neapolis etc I have allowed the construction of auxillary barracks to recruit specific greco-roman units as auxillaries. There are no levy units recruitable in latinum (or there shouldn't be?) with the exception of Mediolanum, Venetia, Bonnonia and Placentia which allow for Gallic levies, before the marian reforms only as after that Latiunm should be in Roman hands.

All the above is the theory, and I need to check my hidden resource triggers when I begin to make this campaign much harder shortly (for the Roman Factions). Hopefully the above makes a little more sense and hopefully I have answered your question.
    Yea, thats exactly what I wanted to know. thanks

Patrician

Ok I have tried leaving an army inside Latium for several turns at the beginning of the game and the Senate leave me alone, which is great. So that leaves the win conditions which I'll look at.

EDIT: Take 50 regions is a hardcoded, unless imperator is removed from the win conditions.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 13, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

Patrician

Expect a new patch in the next few days, here is a current list of changes:

Patch 3 Fixes

1. Fixed exploit where Roman Generals could be recruited in a newly conquered town if an Academy existed.
    2. Fixed exploit where Roman aux slinger could be recruited in a newly conquered town if a practice field existed.
    3. Fixed building of auxillaries without having to build colonisation.
    4. Added not recruitable after marian reforms to Gallic Levies.
    5. Removed Roman Exraordinari from Aux barracks, they are Latin Allies.
    6. Changed win conditions for Roman factions to CA original ones (to test)
    7. Added more slaves resources to descr_strat
    8. changed fines for the Senate missions to 75, 50 and 25 percent of annual income.
    9. Reduced Julii starting income back to 5000.
    10. Increased upkeep cost of Generals to 100.
    11. Reduced Major Reward back to 10000.
    12. Added new campaign called enhanced and focuses only on the 4 roman Factions - not completely done yet.
    13. Senate now starts campaign with 3 full armies.
    14. Increased Senate budget to 500000.
    15. Added missing LEGIOI unit cards.
    16. Increased movement points from 80 - 160 to help pathfinding.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I just downloaded this mod...and re-downloaded RTW from a previous mod and got this error. Not sure how to fix it. Anyone know?
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

next patch will be save compatible?

Patrician

I just downloaded this mod...and re-downloaded RTW from a previous mod and got this error. Not sure how to fix it. Anyone know?
    Yes, you will need to reinstall your RTW and then DarthMod and then my mod. The model fs_s1_semi_fast_archer is featured in Darthmod, however it doesn't feature in RTW the original version.

next patch will be save compatible?
    Yes, it will, most of the changes (in the campaign folder) will only occur if a new campaign is started.

Today i´m here only to say this is one of the best works i´ve had the pleasure to play for a long time. Sir,YOU RULE! keep on the good work. And thanks for your efforts.

Patrician

Thanks aquilaXXI for your post, it is my pleasure. I am but a one man team on this mod and part time at best. And wish I had time to add newer skins and models, etc, but as I mentioned I wanted to keep this as close to the original game as possible, whilst retaining most of what Darth Vader made so well.

All credit goes to Darth for when he created this mod, at the time this was in my opinion, the creme de la creme of all the mods.

Patrician

Patch 3 - NEWS

I have finalised the additions and changes for Patch 3, and have started to test it. For most of the changes a new campaign will be required and advised.

Here is the complete list:

1. Fixed exploit where Roman Generals could be recruited in a newly conquered town if an Academy existed.
    2. Fixed exploit where Roman aux slinger could be recruited in a newly conquered town if a practice field existed.
    3. Fixed building of auxillaries without having to build colonisation.
    4. Added not recruitable after marian reforms to Gallic Levy Field.
    5. Removed Roman Exraordinari from Aux barracks, they are Latin Allies.
    6. Changed win conditions for Roman factions to CA original ones (to test)
    7. Added more slaves resources to descr_strat
    8. Changed fines for the Senate missions to 75, 50 and 25 percent of annual income.
    9. Reduced Julii starting income back to 5000.
    10. Increased upkeep cost of Generals to 100.
    11. Reduced Major Reward back to 10000.
    12. Not completely done yet.
    13. Senate now starts campaign with 3 full armies.
    14. Increased Senate budget to 500000.
    15. Added missing LEGIOI unit cards.
    16. Increased movement points from 80 - 140 to help pathfinding.
    17. Enabled the building of missiles and cavalry buildings in the citizen provinces...woops.
    18. Enabled the colonisation building of hidden resource on colonisation from frontier to never....woops.
    19. Added port to Genua, Venetai and Aequilia.
    20. Gave britons back 1500 denari and added some extra troops, they were too weak.
    21. Removed one river from Venetia
    22. Fixed Tiber River pathfinding and region.
    23. Fixed rivers in Bruttium.
    24. Added more gauls to Cislalpine and Venetia
    25. Changed win conditions for Carthage and Numidia by adding some new towns. Carthage must now conquer Italian peninsula as well.

I will release this next Friday 24 Feb to allow people to play with their other campaigns. This patch is not an essential patch it just fixes exploits and some map errors. It will simply enhance the current campaign.

great work , i have a question what need to have and built the colonization?in my settlements out italy i haven t it.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by prima legio View Post
    great work , i have a question what need to have and built the colonization?in my settlements out italy i haven t it.
    Yes that's one of the errors I corrected and will be available in patch 3.

this is a great new,thank!

at first: thanks for the great mod

but I have a problem with the scipii, julii and brutii. from the start their behaviour is passive, its the same as the senate.
    It's not every time, except the julii.

At first I had thought its the money so I gave them more starting budget but nothing happens.

but I have a problem with the scipii, julii and brutii. from the start their behaviour is passive, its the same as the senate.
    It's not every time, except the julii.

At first I had thought its the money so I gave them more starting budget but nothing happens.
    i have also noticed that they just sit around doing nothing at first. very strange.

There is a problem where i cant seem to be able to recruit any auxilia units with the roman factions
    Such as Roman Archer Auxilia, cant recruit them in marian reforms

Yep, as romans I cannot recruit any cavalry (other than general unit) or missile units before and after the Marian reforms.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by GreenKing; February 20, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    i have also noticed that they just sit around doing nothing at first. very strange.

There is a problem where i cant seem to be able to recruit any auxilia units with the roman factions
    Such as Roman Archer Auxilia, cant recruit them in marian reforms

Yep, as romans I cannot recruit any cavalry (other than general unit) or missile units before and after the Marian reforms.

Anyone else having this problem?

i think that with next patch these problems will be solved.