Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis III

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Europa Universalis III

Imo graphics are probably the least important of any game, especially this game. The updates in DW were nice, but that fog stuff in provinces I can't see really lags my computer, I wish they had just kept it dark like in HttT (they also kind of ruined hordes, but eh)
    Last edited by empr guy; August 16, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Protector Domesticus

My critisms about this game is that the non-standard religions (animalism, shamanist) kinda get screwed over. Realy needed the game to start about 100 years earlier and more options to be provided for these religious groups.

Coal143's Avatar Miles
    The Royal Kingdom of Occitania-Aragon-Sicily

My critisms about this game is that the non-standard religions (animalism, shamanist) kinda get screwed over
    wouldn't it be weird if they didn't?

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Coal143 View Post
    wouldn't it be weird if they didn't?
    I ment in a Gamedesign way, for a game thats ment to be about making your own history it limits you horribly in this area.

They alreayd have a game that goes to 1399, Crusader Kings, thats why Eu3 doesnt expand backwards

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    They alreayd have a game that goes to 1399, Crusader Kings, thats why Eu3 doesnt expand backwards
    eh.... annoying that they split these games up with different gameplay, hopefully one day they will make one large full game.

And only want 100 years earlier in EU3... hell 20 would do, just to get pagan lithuania in so one actualy has an option as one of these little religions rather then being a glorified free territory for someone else.

guys if you want to get rid of add's just report them, a moderator will delete them. I think some powerful pagan factions would mix things up, since it's usually christians ruling the world by the end unless there is a good player playing. Although I did see a campaign where castile got moved mainly to the new world, and adopted anamisim (and converted the iberian), which is something I have never seen before or since. I wish I read how that turned out for castile...
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

that would turn out in destruction as France would not hesitate to invade Iberia with the blessings of the pope

probably

Coal143's Avatar Miles
    The Royal Kingdom of Occitania-Aragon-Sicily

probably
    Definitely. Castille turned Muslim and i just obliterated them, while all the Europeans congratulated me on wiping out the heathens

They have some mods that let you start at 1356. You can play as Pagan Lithuania. It's not much but its something besides the generic Christian/Muslim/Hindu/Buddhist setup of the vanilla game.

You are mainly talking about MEIOU, yes? It's a great mod but it puts so much strain on my computer i cant play it without taking one whole day to advance 10 years.

Protector Domesticus

Might have to give it a shot.

best game aside from Total War.

+1 to Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    I ment in a Gamedesign way, for a game thats ment to be about making your own history it limits you horribly in this area.
    It's alternate history, not total fantasy. The reasoning behind screwing over these religions is because of the social organisation behind them being utterly unsuitable for keeping pace with late medieval Europe. I mean, they were at the time (and some still are) in the stone age by comparison. Westernising alone wouldn't solve everything (and if you look at Africa and South America now, it hasn't entirely done so even now).

Protector Domesticus

Its not total Fantasy to expect a country that is Pagan to be more then a free territory.
    Realy this isnt an issue about technology anyways, its not tied together in this game.
    Last edited by SLN445; August 22, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Its not total Fantasy to expect a country that is Pagan to be more then a free territory.
    Realy this isnt an issue about technology anyways, its not tied together in this game.
    Except, pagan stands for a culture that lacks the kind of hierarchical society that holds the core values which made Europe so powerful and aggressive - science, entrepreneurship, adventure, proselytism, etc. It's more than a simple statement of their religious traditions, but also culture and society.

Protector Domesticus

Thats why we have Alternate history, if i can make a Christian nation into one of peace amoungst religions during the times of Massive religious persecution, i dont see why not i can maintain paganism into the modern era.

Thats why we have Alternate history, if i can make a Christian nation into one of peace amoungst religions during the times of Massive religious persecution, i dont see why not i can maintain paganism into the modern era.
    Given the game starts in 1399, that would be fantasy. The conditions that arose in Europe developed over centuries prior. The game is based on the belief that in historical accuracy at the start date, with a reasonably plausible outcome once the game actually commences.

What you're proposing isn't plausible at any start point between 1399 and 1821 unless the Europeans choose to completely ignore you.

And again, you're missing the point of the various "pagan" and "shamanist" religions in EU3. They're cultural and social.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast