Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Guide on the Descr_Projectile.txt

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: A Guide on the Descr_Projectile.txt

Max range I believe is altered by velocity.

Laetus

Kylan, it definitely is affected by velocity. I was working on increasing the range of Greek fire, which is normally limited to 90 I believe. I increased the velocity from 30 to 120, and I set the range in the EDU to 360. It seems to have worked, although I'm not sure if it is affected directly ie multiplying velocity by four results in the range increasing fourfold.

I'm sure this isn't news to anybody, but it also looks like increasing the accuracy might be necessary when increasing the range significantly.

After experimenting I managed to find a solution to crossbows firing at high angle or high arc most of the time. Change the velocity of steel_crossbow_bolt and crossbow_bolt from 80 to 48 the same as all arrow types. The range in EDU is what control the range velocity doesn't do much.

Hello,

I recently added a "wizard unit" from "The Sundering - Warhammer Mod" to my TATW-DAC game. I wished to have some element of "magic" in my campaign. Initial tests worked. However by turn 10, the "wizard unit" would produce a CTD every time they engaged in battle, specifically at the moment of impact of their projectile upon enemy units. I am still fiddling with the stats/learning in order to fix this.

***In the meantime - could someone suggest a projectile to use in their current one's stead? I'm looking for something like a "big-flaming-artillery-round, that has area effects (burning the ground around it)." - any assistance would be greatly appreciated!***
    (That way I can stop this HIGHLY ADDICTIVE MODDING PROCESS :-) and just get back to killing things!)

If anyone is feeling really brave - here is the current projectile's lines form descr_projectiles. It is the only thing I copied from its original home in "The Sundering Mod" to "TATW DAC mod" - any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

(am I missing linked files? textures? perhaps some bad number entries? )

projectile saphery_mage_fireball_level3

effect fiery_boulder_catapult_set
    end_effect ground_fiery_impact_catapult_set
    end_man_effect man_impact_catapult_set
    end_package_effect wall_impact_fiery_catapult_set
    end_shatter_effect ground_fiery_impact_catapult_set
    end_shatter_man_effect man_impact_catapult_set
    end_shatter_package_effect wall_impact_fiery_catapult_set
    explode_effect wall_impact_medium_set

area_effect ae_catapult_shot

damage 150
    damage_to_troops 10
    radius 0.30
    mass 300.0
    area 1.0
    accuracy_vs_units 0.0005
    accuracy_vs_buildings 0.0005
    accuracy_vs_towers 0.0005
    min_angle -10
    max_angle 30
    prefer_high
    velocity 35 55 ;75 ;61
    ground_shatter
    body_piercing
    ; rocket <trail time sec> <spin prob> <spin tick> <max radius dlt> <angle min deg> <angle max deg> <erratic prob> <erratic tick> <erratic max angle>
    rocket 0.0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 0.0 0 0
    ; self_explode <prob> <min sec> <max sec> [<area effect>]
    self_explode 0.8 1.5 4.5 air_burst_test
    display aimed spin 4.0
    effect_only

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Your problem is at the end of your post: check in descr_area_effect if air_burst_test exist and if the linked files in that entry exist as well.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

What about another Warhammer projectile - throwing axe. Sometimes it jump aside from enemy unit model, that looks funny.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Blog Entries

That could be the placement of the model within it's set up (x,y,z co-ordinates in Milkshape) not corresponding to the animation sequence. Don't think it has got to do with descr_projectile. There were a few CoW projectiles that caused crashes because of the model (anvil of doom, goblin catapult), so it doesn't surprise me.

question "Descr_Projectile.txt" Hello to all, I tried but I have not found the answer. I'm trying to make changes to "Descr_Projectile.txt" I can not understand the relationship "cm/inch" and "grams/ounces" to the values ​​"radius" and "mass" to be clear, the question is, for example: elite_steel_crossbow_bolt radius 0.075 to how many centimeters/inches corresponds? mass 0.14 to how many grams/ounces corresponds? thanks for your attention and possible answers. happy Holidays ps. sorry for the bad English

Has anyone managed to figure out what the DEFAULT value for accuracy_vs_units is when it isn't set?

You can omit this variable from a projectile and it still functions. It would be good to know what the game thinks the 'default' actually is.
    Some have suggested it's ~0.05, but there's been nothing definitive.

The_Federation's Avatar Foederatus

Nice guide, thanks!

Hi i just have a question, how can i make a new projectile model with texture ? I mean i have used the hornet projectile model with a head model the model changed but the texture dose not work, it is black, even if i changed it to work with the head model, also i have a separate mod and i would like how to import the hornet (hive) totaly, beacouse the only thing that doese not work is the sound (sounds like arrows even if i added the .evt files).

Also i would like to make axes, is it possible to add to them a animation and make them spin in the air ?

Join our discord ! : https://discord.gg/gFKGruR

Sorry just to know the texture works, but i would like to know how make a new model and link it to the projectile.

Join our discord ! : https://discord.gg/gFKGruR

Blog Entries

Head over to the model and animation workshop - they should be able to help you with that.

From my understanding there are factors that can lead to projectiles doing multiple HP damage to a unit.

ie. A unit with 2 HP dying instantly to a single projectile.

How is this accomplished and what factors contribute to this effect?

Thanks.

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by XViper View Post
    ie. A unit with 2 HP dying instantly to a single projectile.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this is actually something that is accomplished with the help of the EDU with the siege_missile projectile type. Just have a look at the artilleries in the EDU to find it. Without this attribute, the missile weapon might not kill in a single shot, you can try it out by using a unit of Timurid elephant artillery which has the default "missile" against a unit of Aztec bodyguards, an infantry unit with 2 hitpoints.

Edit:
    siege_missile attribute in the EDU must be combined with a non-zero damage_to_troops for the projectile to be lethal to units (damage_to_troops' default value is apparently 1), where damage_to_troops is the number of hp removed from the unit if the attack rolled successfully.

It is totally possible for a projectile with max attack to roll a 0, and fail to kill even a unit with zero armour and shields.
    Last edited by Medusa0; March 28, 2018 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Retroactive edit with new findings!

Thanks Medusa0.

I'll have a bit of a play with that.
    I know it might have something to do with hidden lethality values as well perhaps?

Is it possible to have a secondary projectile for a Field unit that is not Fiery. I plan in my mod to have Glandea for slingers, O have already recorded the sounds for it.

Researcher for Vae Victis: Britannia, Armenia and the Caucasus Also Mod Leader for the DTC

Blog Entries

You might succeed by having a custom projectile in descr_flaming_projectile that isn't 'flaming'.

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

It seems in my modding experience, whenever i mod the projectiles to arc fire, the values of min_angle -95, max_angle 85, and the velocity 30, work in M2TW, but in the Americas campaign, do not; archers wont seem to fire at all, even when the unit is right in front of them.

Blog Entries

If you have a disk installation then these use two different executable files - which could explain this. Unless the first example is from a kingdoms mod and not from the grand campaign.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast