View Poll Results: Which 2 Factions Should be implemented to HRTW?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nabataean Kingdom

24 17.39%
  • Kingdom Of Epirus

38 27.54%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

15 10.87%
  • Celt-Iberians

16 11.59%
  • Aetolian/Achaean Leagues (will count as both slots)

13 9.42%
  • Syracuse

15 10.87%
  • Megae Hellas

6 4.35%
  • Massalia

11 7.97%
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47728788899091929394959697
Results 1,921 to 1,924 of 1924

Thread: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

Default Re: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

The word "hoplite" derives from "hoplon", the type of the shield used by the
    soldiers.
    - Just an update of information, no offence meant, but the name ''hoplite'' derives from the word hoplon, correct, but ''hoplon'' doesn't mean the shield, ''hoplon'' means 'weapon' most likely they were called hoplites because the phalanx was the best weapon of the greeks, the shield was called 'Aspis'. It's a common mistake to think the shield was the 'hoplon' because it's a very old mistake that has been made in translating and it's not easily fixed. Just told you because you want to be historically accurate keep up the good work!

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy1Soter View Post
    - Just an update of information, no offence meant, but the name ''hoplite'' derives from the word hoplon, correct, but ''hoplon'' doesn't mean the shield, ''hoplon'' means 'weapon' most likely they were called hoplites because the phalanx was the best weapon of the greeks, the shield was called 'Aspis'. It's a common mistake to think the shield was the 'hoplon' because it's a very old mistake that has been made in translating and it's not easily fixed. Just told you because you want to be historically accurate keep up the good work!
    Well,I didn't know that
    Have some rep!
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Wow. I was such an idiot. It has been more than two years since I first came up with HRTW. Reading through the first few posts and remembering our first ideas. If ONLY I would have stuck to them and not changed the ideas that we originally had! HRTW Alpha (as it would have been deemed) would have consisted of the following:

One Roman Faction (Julii)
    Three New Factions: Illyria (Scipii), Nabataea (Brutii), Bosporan Kingdom (Senate) with proper reskins for those factions.
    Reskins for other factions: Militia Cavalry for Macedon, Heavy Peltasts for the other Greek Factions, Archer Warband for the Barbarians, Thrace turned into a barbarian faction.

But, I was young, dumb, ignorant, arrogant, inexperienced, and overly ambitious and confident. I thought it would take a month. Instead we never made progress, as I would always try to add more, change this, add that, fix this, think about that. The problem was, I drug a lot of others through it.. Asgaroth, Primo, Skull, Macedon1an, medievaldude, and later hameleona and Two Knives all suffered from my lack of competence.

Even though apologies have been made, accusations forgotten and forgiven, and relationships mended, I want to let this thread remain a reminder to everyone that being selfish gets you absolutely nowhere.

Can I please get a moderator to close this thread?

So......Another mod that doesnt exist. The better promises in units, never were made, like this mod and others. Al least make a link for download the textures, CAS, Unit cards, or something of your job. I want to put here my modification of vanilla and i do not know how to do it, for that reasons this things make me sick.