Thread: Sadly....

Default Sadly....

I have decided to go back to normal rome total war. I mainly miss the 3 roman factions, the civil war, and SPQR gets all screwy on normal unit size anyway. But I still LOVE the unit models, and i'm wondering, how would I get the unit models/textures to go into normal rome total war? What would I have to copy and where would i have to put it?

IamthePope's Avatar Senator

you could try re-installing it... or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. If you want the modded textures in the original I cant help you there. I like the original textures though so i dont see a problem

no I know I need to reinstall it to get rid of spqr, but I am wondering if there is a way I can get the spqr textures and models into normal RTW since they are so....extreme

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

It would mean a lot of text editing, I hope you're up to the challenge. Basically you have to keep the files with the skins/models and convert them all to vanilla RTW.

In retrospect, it might not be THAT hard, but it is fairly difficult, especially if you have no knowledge of text editing.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

why vanilla RTW? I just want normal RTW now, and whats vanilla anyway?

Erm....well, Vanilla is unmodded RTW. (I'm not sure if that includes patches or not)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

it is???? I never knew that... well anyway, which files would I have to copy? and how would I "convert them to vanilla RTW"? Would I have to put them in the correct places or edit the vanilla rtw files to work or what?

Well, I have no knowledge of SPQR mod (my computer would blow up), but some of the files you would need would be the descr_strat, descr_mod_battle, among others. Really, I think it would be best for you to ask Lt

well then LT, come and help me please!

oh, and would I just take the files I need from SPQR, copy them, and replace the ones in vanilla rtw once it's reinstalled?

The Russian, all you have to do is mainly copy files and folders.

Adnan

thanks adnan, but....which files and folders?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos
    thanks adnan, but....which files and folders?
    You need descr_modelbattle, export_descr_unit, probably export_descr_unit_enums, and then sprites folder, texture folder, UI folder, maybe tgas folder. I think that's all of them.

Good luck ,
    Adnan

No his game will crash, there are SEVERAL missing units and changes to the vanilla. You would have to Copy the TEXT INSIDE the text file and paste One UNIT at a time and also make sure you copied the Skins and the Sprites. You would have to do this for 230 models, and then there are the skin entries. To be honest you dont have the skill level to add SPQR models and skins to the vanilla. You need to read the tutorials on how to add skins and models to RTW. Its in the scriptorium section on this site.

I am closing this now as its not really SPQR related, you can get more help posting something like this in the modding forum. But make sur you dont put SPQR in the title or they will transfer here and its really a general modding question you are asking.

Goodluck.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004