Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RULE BRITANNIA: Mod Overview

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/5/11

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    My game just crashed when I tryed to load my Baron's Alliance game. Here is the log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:31:17.136 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I haven't downloaded the latest patch yet though so I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit: That saved game still won't load but i started a new campaign which has been working perfectly so far with the newest patch.

Question about the failed saved game: How far in were you and did you try to load both the normal save game and autosave?

Also, do you use a recent patch AFTER the saved game in question was first started?

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/6/11

Just finishing up on some new Faction icons.... Also will post a few rebel icons... not sure which to use. I also want to create a few more before I decide.

Rebel 1 -

Rebel 2 -

Rebel 3 -

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Question about the failed saved game: How far in were you and did you try to load both the normal save game and autosave?

Also, do you use a recent patch AFTER the saved game in question was first started?
    I was about 20 or so turns into it but I only tried to load the normal svae game and I can't try to load the autosave now as I'm doing a new campaign.

And I think I may have used a patch after I started the game but I'm now using the most recent patch and my new save game is working fine.

Ok guys a bit of help if anyone is interested that is. Please pick one to represent the rebels. (I like the first)

I think I may have used a patch after I started the game but I'm now using the most recent patch and my new save game is working fine.
    This was likely the trouble, none of the patches have been save-game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Ok guys a bit of help if anyone is interested that is. Please pick one to represent the rebels. (I like the first)

These are bad-ass. #1 is a liitle too close to England for me, I'm partial to #2.

This was likely the trouble, none of the patches have been save-game compatible.
    That may have been it then.

And I agree with AJ Stoner that the first one of those does look a bit too similar to England, if you can use it as a local rebels banner or something then it may be good. But my favourite of those three options is the second one although the third one is easily recognisable as being the rebels.

I like the second and third as well. The first I thought just looked cool, but that is the artist in me. It wouldn't work the best ingame.

Sig

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    I like the second and third as well. The first I thought just looked cool, but that is the artist in me. It wouldn't work the best ingame.
    they're are all excellent, but the third stands out most for me

These are bad-ass. #1 is a liitle too close to England for me, I'm partial to #2.
    what is the progress on the next version of rule brittania

Last patch is from 8/6--New main download in a week or so depending on bug status. Foundry error fixed btw.

Congrats to AJStoner for his rise to Artifex!

Wow, congratz! Well-deserved, wonderful mod you've created.

Yes, yes; thank you, thank you... Your deaths will all be swift and merciful... (Does pope wave & yawns)

Seriously though, thanks guys.

Well done on getting Artifex, you definitely deserved it after this mod!

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/4/11

That's no problem--here to help. So, let's walk through this. First, go into data/world/maps/base. Find the map.rwm file and toss it in the trash since you have crashed. We'll try and make our next start nice and clean.

You will find your log in In SEGA/Medieval II Total War/logs.

If you get another crash, open this log file, copy what it says, and paste it here. This hopefully will give me an idea what's going wrong.
    just wondering what is up with the game going back to the main menu after you conquer everything i don't like that and i hope the next version of rule brittania doesn't have that

Just a couple of things I've noticed on the campaign map:

• The region for Shaftsbury in South-West England is called 'Dorsetshire' in this game, when it should just be 'Dorset' as it isn't one of the "shire" counties.
    • A lot of the regions have generic names such as 'Sutton Hoo Region' which could be improved by using better names.
    • I think that the Dumfries region in Southern Scotland could be expanded a bit to the east so that it can trade with Cumberland as at the moment the Penicuik region seems to be a bit too big and goes in between Dumfries and Cumberland. Also the Sutton Hoo region could be expanded a bit to the west as well so that it can trade with London, this would help the Danes early on as it would increase their income.

And so you know I'm not trying to criticise this game, I'm just trying to help improve it and if you need any assistance with anything then I would be happy to help, although I have absolutely no modding skills.

Just a couple of things I've noticed on the campaign map:

• The region for Shaftsbury in South-West England is called 'Dorsetshire' in this game, when it should just be 'Dorset' as it isn't one of the "shire" counties.
    • A lot of the regions have generic names such as 'Sutton Hoo Region' which could be improved by using better names.
    • I think that the Dumfries region in Southern Scotland could be expanded a bit to the east so that it can trade with Cumberland as at the moment the Penicuik region seems to be a bit too big and goes in between Dumfries and Cumberland. Also the Sutton Hoo region could be expanded a bit to the west as well so that it can trade with London, this would help the Danes early on as it would increase their income.
    And so you know I'm not trying to criticise this game, I'm just trying to help improve it and if you need any assistance with anything then I would be happy to help, although I have absolutely no modding skills.
    No, no,not at all. I'm looking for input. Although the "Dorsetshire" gaff is entirely CA's ####-up, not mine I will point-out!

Most of the generic region names are my additions, I need to do a bit more research there. I got caught-up in scripting issues and have let it slide, thanks for the reminder. And you are quite correct, some of the borders need tweaking.

Ok, good to hear that you are working on it and I believe you that it was CA's mistake

Edit: Just had another crash in a different save game, I'm using the newest patch.

Log:
    14:10:33.050 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:10:33.050 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:10:33.097 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:10:33.113 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:10:33.144 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:10:33.159 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:10:33.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:10:33.206 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:36:42.201 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

15:57:49.728 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; August 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Ok, good to hear that you are working on it and I believe you that it was CA's mistake

Edit: Just had another crash in a different save game, I'm using the newest patch.

Log:
    14:10:33.050 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:10:33.050 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:10:33.097 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:10:33.113 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:10:33.144 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:10:33.159 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:10:33.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:10:33.206 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:36:42.201 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

15:57:49.728 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I think AJS is almost ready to release a new patch in a week or so that will fix some issues and add more content.