Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Playing Vestfold I noticed the small, semitransparent “bonus-preview”-icons in the “Settlement Details”-scroll don’t show up for some public-order- and population-growth-buildings. I then did a little test with the following results:

After constructing “Midden” in settlement A and “Hot Springs” in settlement B, pop growth was still the same and remained at 2,5%:
    - in settlement A: due to Trade 1,5%, Tax 0,5%, Base Farming 0,5%
    - in settlement B: due to Trade 2,0%, Base Farming 0,5%

After constructing “Sacred Grove” in settlement C public order was still the same and remained at 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    You have made a mistake somewhere, because it is something unmoddable.
    Err... What mistake could I have done? BTW, Wales talking about Scotland x)

Robert Guiscard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    I manage to get till winter 916 and the game always crashes there. I am playing with East Anglia. I also windows 7. Maybe is because of that. Please help! Thanks!
    I found the same issue, except with the Normans, but only after I started playing as the baptized Normans. In my Connacht campaign I was able to get past well after 916 (940s or 950s) without any problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Yes, we came across this issue during development. We thought we had got rid of it, evedently not.
    Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do, except start a new campaign. I am unsure.

We will note it for future fixes. Thanks
    Thank you and I await it with bated breath, Normandy shall rise.... eventually

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@Dominick
    Do you get the buttons in the battle screen? Next to the portrait of the reinforcing general (see pic)? If you don't use them, then the army will be in default mode and the AI will do it's worse.

@Casual Tactician
    We had reduced the SPF values in descr_settlement_mechanics (between half and a quarter of the original value) to account for the multitude of bonus buildings, but that shouldn't nerf it that much. Will have to check.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 22, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    BTW, Wales talking about Scotland x)
    Please read known issues list.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    @Dominick
    Do you get the buttons in the battle screen? Next to the portrait of the reinforcing general (see pic)? If you don't use them, then the army will be in default mode and the AI will do it's worse.
    No, I didn't even check that box, I don't want THAT, I want FULL control of the reinforcements!

Blog Entries

You can only give general commands (as represented by those three icons for the stance - attack, defend, skirmish) to your reinforcements. And you can give them a movement direction by clicking on that general's portrait and then clicking on the battle field or the radar map. That's were it ends.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    Similar issue here. Playing as Normans, went into my very first battle against Breton rebels to the immediate west of Rouen. Battle scroll came up, clicked on the button to fight it, CTD. No errors of worth that I could see in the logs.

Keep at it guys. From what I've seen so far, this is really awesome work!
    Quick update. My CTD appears to have been a transient condition. Autoresolved the battle initially so I could continue. I haven't had a battle CTD in the ensuing 47 turns. I went back and loaded the save just before the CTD (which blew up 4 times consecutively before I autoresolved) and tried again, no CTD. I hate mysteries...

Edit: Okay, got another one. Fulfilled the conditions to convert the Normans. Got the event, saved, exited and ran Baptized_Normans.bat. Started up the game and loaded and noticed I still had pagan temples in the building browser, no churches. So I looked at the bat, First copy command is:

Code:
    xcopy data\Normans_Baptized\*.txt data\ /Y
    But there is no Normans_Baptized folder in the mods\Last_Kingdom\data directory. Neither is there a Normans_Pagan used by Pagan_Normans.bat. The lower level folders called by the rest of the script are there. Looks like there's some stuff missing from the install package. Could someone be so kind as to upload a zip with those two folders (mods\Last_Kingdom\data\Normans_Baptized and mods\Last_Kingdom\data\\Normans_Pagan)?
    Last edited by aduellist; July 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Blog Entries

It's not that there is something missing, it's the line in the BAT file that is invalid. We initially had thought that we could change some TXT files during game play which was a wrong assumption. Just forgot to delete that line in the BAT file afterward, it does not have any impact.
    The effects of the religion change takes place in the following round, eg the changes in the building browser.

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

I dunno if any of you technical folks caught my post in the 'Are the battles too long' poll thread, so I'm re-posting here ....

I'd been having some trouble running my own pc, so had been playing on my girlfriend's computer up until the the other day. The battles were horribly slow and of them most timed out. I got round to fixing my pc and installed tLK and gave it a try.

"... it was like playing a completely different game. Honest to god the battles barely took a fraction as long as they had been [on my gf's pc].

I think it's something to do with the animation cycles ... they're real slow on my girlfriend's computer compared to mine, even though everything else (environments, flags, etc) seem to move in correct time.

For the record, her pc is way, way higher spec than mine (only my graphics card is a little better, and barely at that), and I've played Shogun 2, MTW vanilla, Kingdoms, and a couple other mods on hers without any problems. I have no idea what causes the reduced animation cycle, but if others are experiencing this problem too then it might explain why so many people love the battle lengths, whilst a handful of others found them unbearable. "

Blog Entries

First time I hear something like that. Could you give us the name and model of your graphic cards? I mean, I am still sitting in front of my old machine that can't play Shogun2 and my battles were always running smooth at medium graphic settings.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

It's not that there is something missing, it's the line in the BAT file that is invalid. We initially had thought that we could change some TXT files during game play which was a wrong assumption. Just forgot to delete that line in the BAT file afterward, it does not have any impact.
    The effects of the religion change takes place in the following round, eg the changes in the building browser.
    Proving once again that patience is a virtue. Should have hit the "end turn" before making a report. Thanks again, Gigantus. Sorry for the bogus report.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

First time I hear something like that. Could you give us the name and model of your graphic cards? I mean, I am still sitting in front of my old machine that can't play Shogun2 and my battles were always running smooth at medium graphic settings.
    Sorry I think you misunderstand me, it's not likely related to the graphics card or anything like. It is literally that on one installation the unit animation cycle is massively reduced compared to the other. The flags, weather (rain, fog, etc) run at exactly the same speed on both. The units just move much, much, slower.

Blog Entries

I intend to throw that info into the tech forum, maybe one of the wizards has an explanation. They will need as a much tech info as possible. Best would actually be a DXDiag report from both machines.
    Do get the reports: click on the windos logo bootm left, choose 'run' and then enter dxdiag, click 'ok' - no need to check for verification, go straight to thw DxDiag window. Save the report, compress it and attach here.

First is the DISPLAY thingy
    Second is kinda dumb,,,,,

2 cents =)

Blog Entries

First - thanks that will be corrected
    Second - sometimes the rebels spawn in inaccessible places. I always fondly remember a heretic on the island of Visby in vanilla- did havoc with my religion level and I couldn't get to him because of the cliffs around the island.

First of all, thanks for this mod ! I wait for it a long time.

So I test it yesterday, and a battle had a big luminosity bug. I was stupid, I don't take any screen.
    The light was red and green. (le sky red ; battlefield and mens green). It was like a noctural vision.
    It wasn't every battle, just one. I screen if I encounter it again.

And I don't know if it's a bug, but on the loading screen is a line with some colors (red, orange...)

Wessex and Mercia in war. East Anglia allied with both of them. How is that possible?

Blog Entries

It is not possible during regular game play - only during set up in the descr_strat.
    We might have to set one relation to normal (not allied)

You can't build a harbour in the danish village "Lindholm", although there is a lot of water around that region.

And an issue with Norman bodyguards: the early (pagan) ones with swords got a charge value of 15 as if they carry lances, but they don't.
    Last edited by Moritol; July 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.