Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Couple of pages ago I told you about CTD in winter 916 with East Anglia. So I started new campaign with Kingdom of Gwynedd on VH/VH and I didnt had CTD. Now I am at summer 920. Thought it might help you fixing this. Thank you for this great game I havent enjoyed so much since I was in kindergarden ;-).

will the accent bug be fixed later?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

hotseats are bugged, due to an overcomplex .cfg file. Remove all lines in the "hotseat" section and hotseats works as intended by your general medieval ii.cfg preferences.
    added my fixed .cfg file as a hotfix until the next version
    Last edited by Makrell; November 14, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Starknight View Post
    will the accent bug be fixed later?
    Yes, ofcourse.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

ok that's great take your time

ok that's great take your time
    Unfortunately we are unsure as to why this is happening, so yes.. Time is what we need!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius84 View Post
    I just started playing and encounterd something during my first siege battle. I play as the Danes and attack an East-anglian city. I send troops to the center of town (wich have no defenders in it), but the countdown to victory doesn't start. Is this a bug, or do the modd-team want me to kill every last enermy to win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    No timer when occupying square = check if you have battle time set to unlimited, please report back.
    I've found this as well. The only times I have fought siege battles have been when the enemy is sallying out. Whilst our lines were engaged I sent a unit to capture the center, but no timer started.

Its been a while since I played Medieval TW though, so this might be normal in sallies.

And yes, I have the timer set to unlimited. Hope this helps.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

This mod is great! There are some issues I've found at present:

1. Rarely do buildings provide the farm/health bonus they say they do. In fact, almost none of them do, at least the early ones.
    2. I had a boat that simply refused to take the army aboard (can't transfer armies or agents over multiple turns) even though I was right on the coast and i had a full turn worth of MP on both army and boat.
    3. When assaulting a castle I can't win by occupying the enemy town square. And no, I don't have "unlimited battles" checked.
    4. It's very possible to ally with the Vikings faction from the moment they show up. From then on, even on VH you can give them, say 300 gold per 3 turns to get Perfect relations. They never ever attack your settlements, and when an even spawns them they just wander about or kill rebels at most.
    5. There is such a high armour rating on most infantry that cav and light archers become nearly useless. Most armies get tired by the overly long battles because everyone has north of 25 defense. Charges from a GB units don't do much, even when flanking the enemy from the back.
    6. There is a wine resource in East Anglia that is constantly occupied by some Diplomat or other, and your merchant always gets pushed off it. I would propose moving it a bit further from the settlement.

ok an error just happened something about Odin, and it kicked me out.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

If you regularly sacrifice a ram across the longship's bow that wont happen.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

. When assaulting a castle I can't win by occupying the enemy town square. And no, I don't have "unlimited battles" checked.
    This could be an entry in the AI file - I will have to check this.

Puhliy's Avatar Foederatus

I`ve returned the arrow markers for units, but I don`t know how to return the squad banners. Tell me, how to do it, if its possible.

Blog Entries

You must have had a CFG file that changed it, because we didn't. Here are the default settings for the arrows under the soldiers and for the battle banners:

[game]
    disable_arrow_markers = 0

[video]
    show_banners = 1

carth's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by -Myth- View Post

1. Rarely do buildings provide the farm/health bonus they say they do. In fact, almost none of them do, at least the early ones.
    2. I had a boat that simply refused to take the army aboard (can't transfer armies or agents over multiple turns) even though I was right on the coast and i had a full turn worth of MP on both army and boat.
    3. When assaulting a castle I can't win by occupying the enemy town square. And no, I don't have "unlimited battles" checked.
    4. It's very possible to ally with the Vikings faction from the moment they show up. From then on, even on VH you can give them, say 300 gold per 3 turns to get Perfect relations. They never ever attack your settlements, and when an even spawns them they just wander about or kill rebels at most.
    5. There is such a high armour rating on most infantry that cav and light archers become nearly useless. Most armies get tired by the overly long battles because everyone has north of 25 defense. Charges from a GB units don't do much, even when flanking the enemy from the back.
    6. There is a wine resource in East Anglia that is constantly occupied by some Diplomat or other, and your merchant always gets pushed off it. I would propose moving it a bit further from the settlement.
    some good point you got there
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

Vanilla issue (we think)
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

- J.R.R Tolkien

Blog Entries

The error message with Odin is the generic error message, I simply rephrased it to suit the mod. Like it?

If it happens again, let us know what you did game wise and then compress the log (found in the medievalII\logs folder) and attach it here.

Quote Originally Posted by -Myth- View Post

Sign

Specially the Cavalery charges are nearly useless, even against archers. It would be much better if at least the a charge of behind would be destroy the moral of a unit but there is no effect on this.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The error message with Odin is the generic error message, I simply rephrased it to suit the mod. Like it
    It's those small touches that makes mods really cool with a nice finish. Good job daddy!

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

I have a problem the mod jump to the desktop whenever I start a battle against the Magyars in the campaign with the Normans.

Blog Entries

Is it only against the Magyars?
    Can you auto resolve the battle without crash?