Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21466162636465666768697071
Results 1,401 to 1,415 of 1415

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Icon5 Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Please help! Does anyone know what is the exact mechanism of Nordic Unification? I couldn't find info on this on the forum.

I am playing as Hordaland. This is the ingame screen of the message about NU: https://imgur.com/a/3xwm2G2
    As I understand, this means I have to first capture these four settlements, and then kill Vestfold faction leader. What happens then?
    Or do I have to destroy the Vestfold faction, and I can kill their faction leaders in the meantime, before capturing these four settlements?
    What is the exact sequence?

I would be very grateful for a clarification. Because I am at the point where the sequence of these events starts mattering. I am currently besieging Vestfold capital with their faction leader inside, but that is the first of these four settlements I am about to capture. And Vestfold has two more settlements in Norway and few more in England. The faction heir is in the next village I am about to capture after this.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Just a short feedback. Even though I still had the original three part download on my PC (3.05 + 3.06 patch + historical event quickfix), I was delighted to find Gigantus' installer, so went ahead with it.

I tried two campaign, and encountered strange errors, which I don't remember from my old playthroughs:
    1: irish arras bodyguards were "silver surfers"
    2: welsh javelinmen (faction unit) were silver surfers
    3: when welsh rebels sallied (southernmost welsh rebel settlement on wessex/mercia/wales border), the sky and ground textures seemed to be missing. (red sky, black ground).

Since I didn't remember these at all, I uninstalled everything, and installed the old 3-part-insaller, and tried the same factions, Munster and Gwynedd. All units had correct textures, and no missing sky texture encountered.

Strange

Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate the whole Last Kingdom team for delivering this amazing modification.

I would like to report that I am also having issues, as some on this threat to make the baptised normans version work. I got the pop up to convert to christianity, however every time I run the bat. file I am getting the error code cannot locate the kingdoms.exe file

I have tried to do what Gigantus has suggested which is the following:

'It has to do with the recent change in the steam version of the game. Edit the bat files by right clicking and choosing 'edit' - change 'kingdoms' to 'medieval2' and save.'

Or

It is very likely that it is steam related as you cannot start a mod directly which the short cut does. The changes by the short cut effect only text and strat model changes, so it's nothing game breaking if you continue without.

You can correct the two short cuts by right clicking the corresponding BAT file in the mod's folder (Baptized_Normans.bat & Pagan_Normans.bat), choosing 'edit' and then delete the last two lines:

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Last_Kingdom\Configuration.cfg

Save file, run it when applicable and then start your game as usual

But it won't still make the baptised normans version work. The error code goes away, but when clicking the bat file it does not launch the game automatically and if I launch the game and load my save file, there is no change in the units, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks a Lot,

Last Kingdom Total War Fan

So I have managed to make the baptized shortcut work by using this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4287

However, now when loading my campaign (I got the messagge to convert to christianity on the same turn) the units does not change.

Any suggestion?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Since last I posted about Steam what you quoted I have come up with a tutorial which includes a link to a small app that solves the issue for you.

Edit: I see the link you gave is for that app.

However version 3.06b is already steam compatible so I am puzzled what the issue was. Even the baptized and pagan shortcuts are compatible.
    From what I gather (it's years ago I worked on this mod with danova) the batch file (pagan\baptized shortcut) changes the the 'skin' of the Norman captain and general on the strat map plus it changes the texture of some battle models and their info pics.

I haven't tried the 4.0 'upgrade' myself to see if there are any changes to the batch files or the custom directories that they require.

Gigantus, I would like to thank you very much for your help, I have made it work with your steam mod fix launcher I have found in the forums.

However, I would still need your help. I was going very smooth with my Normans campaign when the magyars started to really take part into the game and took the lands next to me and declared me war. Now, every time I select a Magyar city, or a city, including my own, which was previously held by the magyars it crases.

By looking at the looking at the logs it looks like it has something to do with the UI of some buildings. Here are some of the most common carshes I get by looking at the logs. I have also attached my logs in this message

00:13:11.087 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/buildings/#northern_european_brewers_house_select.tga
    00:13:11.088 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/buildings/#northern_european_brewers_house_select.tga.dds

Would you know perhaps what would be the cause of the issue?

Thank you very much,

Last Kingdom Total war fan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenys Targaryen View Post
    Hey,

So my campaign was going fine until I encountered that weird bug vanilla M2TW has, where if I unplug my charger, or use one of my function keys (say to change brightness or volume), then the game would mute, and load my last save.
    I am encountering this old bug now in TLK 4.0 Unofficial, when suddenly from out of nowhere (no keys pressed, no clicks, nothing) game does this:

On the campaign map:
    - takes a screenshot
    - mutes volume
    - opens console
    - loads a save (last save)
    - disable town names and enable people names

On the battle map:
    - takes a screenshot
    - mutes volume
    - opens console
    - sets speed to 6x
    - opens help menu
    - disables info hints (when pointing cursor on things)

Can anyone please suggest a solution that worked for you or someone (that does not include getting another keyboard)?
    I tried googling, but besides old descriptions of people encountering this bug before, I couldn't find anything, no solutions.
    Please help.

[If it is an issue with the keyboard (and I am on a laptop), how can I test if some keys activate by themselves?]
    Last edited by trueman11; May 09, 2023 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    I am encountering this old bug now in TLK 4.0 Unofficial, when suddenly from out of nowhere (no keys pressed, no clicks, nothing) game does this:

On the campaign map:
    - takes a screenshot
    - mutes volume
    - opens console
    - loads a save (last autosave?)
    - disable town names and enable people names

On the battle map:
    - takes a screenshot
    - mutes volume
    - opens console
    - sets speed to 6x
    - opens help menu
    - disables info hints (when pointing cursor on things)

Can anyone please suggest a solution that worked for you or someone (that does not include getting another keyboard)?
    I tried googling, but besides old descriptions of people encountering this bug before, I couldn't find anything, no solutions.
    Please help.

[If it is an issue with the keyboard (and I am on a laptop), how can I test if some keys activate by themselves?]

Using a monitoring tool I managed to catch an unknown key logged that seems to be causing the glitch: https://ibb.co/3Ygvb14

Please, if anyone knows anything about that scancode (126) or anything really about what this might be, let me know. Googling did not produce an answer for me yet about what this key might be.

Update:
    The same glitch with another unknown key scancode, here's the screenshot: https://ibb.co/VDt4d9x
    Last edited by trueman11; May 09, 2023 at 03:26 PM.

The mechanism of Nordic Unification does not work as intended. When playing as Hordaland, Haraldr Tanglehair hides in Skiringssalr and thus makes it impossible to take required settlements without killing him.

I am assuming that Nordic Unification mechanism requires taking of the settlements before killing him, and thus I can not test if Nordic Unification really works or not.

What happens for me: after taking all four of the required settlements (in order: Hladir, Njardoy, Skiringssalr, Akr, killing Haraldr Tanglehair while taking Skiringssalr), I get the "The last Jarl stands in defiance" event on the next turn start, which from the description seems like it means the need to kill the enemy jarl, but he is already dead. After destroying the faction nothing happens on the next turn start.

I tested the order of taking settlements and tried taking
    Akr first and then Skiringssalr, but on the next turn only Battle of Hafrsfjord event pops up. No "The last Jarl stands in defiance"

If anyone can clarify for me how this is supposed to work, I would be very much grateful.

Is reduction of movement of boats when agents/troops are on board intentional, or just a bug?

Seems unimmersive, that boats lose most of their reach the moment troops are on board.

For those who has this building description bug (https://i.ibb.co/4VGmpdF/0001.png), it's caused by missing .strings.bin files, from the "nasty four" (battle, tooltips, shared, strat). I fixed this one by copying a strat.txt.strings.bin from teutonic campaign folder into the TLK /data/text folder.

In TLK 4.0 Unofficial the "Heir Crown" ancillary/feature does not work. I gave the crown to family members twice, and twice they did not become the next heir when faction leader died. Might be connected to the fact that only a portion of the family tree is shown, many family members don't fit into it I'm guessing. And maybe only the members shown in the family tree work?..

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    I keep having CTDs mid-battle in WotN submod, Hordaland playthrough.

This was the last line from the log after a couple of CTDs:
    Code:
    [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    So I removed the advisor battlemap.tga and advisor stratmap.tga files from the mod folder, so that the game would default to vanilla files, and I haven't had a crash after that for a little while.

Now it happened again. Here are the last lines from the log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture

These chunks repeat themselves over and over many-many times without crashes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)

Any ideas?

EDIT:
    I noticed that the crashes always happen when my archers are firing, in the middle of some hissing sounds. I am going to try to determine what files are being accessed while this crash happens. Grateful for any suggestions.
    This was just happening to me too. Twice in a row. The log is 170,000 lines long. It crashes pastebin, haha.

Here are the last two lines, anyway:

14:40:42.140 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1230_Skirmish_Mode_Button_Trigger> fired
    14:40:43.941 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <1230_Skirmish_Mode_Button_Trigger> fired

Around 7 sea raider fleets showed up to attack my new fleet of 3 ships, and the game crashed multiple times.

I've attached the error log
    Attached Files Attached Files

So as far as I understand. To not make cavalry the power house it was in vanilla you made all cavalry skirmish or mellee cavalry with nearly non existent charge stats. Am i correct in that assumption?