Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: The Last Kingdom - DOWNLOADS

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - DOWNLOADS

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The only thing that unpacking may prevent is the block graphic glitch, but for that I made a small installer.
    I had some graphical glitches, not like that though. Will unpack them just incase.

Btw, what could be the reason for missing unit card images (peasant image in the description)? I have a lot of those. Maybe this is a wrong topic to be asking this, but since we're talking about glitches..
    Last edited by trueman11; May 26, 2021 at 09:01 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Often the missing pic is caused by a misspelling of the picture's name or it's in another faction's directory. I can't recall Last Kingdom having that issue.

Often the missing pic is caused by a misspelling of the picture's name or it's in another faction's directory. I can't recall Last Kingdom having that issue.
    I have a lot of those in WotN.. What would you suggest to try and fix this?? I asked already in WotN submod forum, but MrNygren sadly hasn't replied yet. Maybe you could suggest something.. I really just followed mod installation instructions (I downloaded the mod from ModDB and followed instructions there) and the game itself is a clean unmodified installation too. But basically all Irisih units from the start are missing those images (peasant images instead) and not just those units.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems it's just that all of those files are missing for some reason...
    Last edited by trueman11; May 30, 2021 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries

If all the files are missing then it could be a messed up installation. Do check if you have pictures in the mod's data\ui\unit_info (big pic) and units (small pic) sub directories.

If all the files are missing then it could be a messed up installation. Do check if you have pictures in the mod's data\ui\unit_info (big pic) and units (small pic) sub directories.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Those images are missing from the mod archive. It's strange, the first time I tried playing this mod, I remember those unit card images were working properly. I might be misremembering, it was a long time ago.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Hello, seems that nobody is seeding torrent. anyone have file from torrent? If I can get access for it, I can and will upload it on my mega account so we dont have problems for seeding...

Blog Entries

I am going to upload it to mediafire - give me a while.

Edit: here you are
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 05, 2022 at 02:38 AM.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Thank you Gig!!!

Blog Entries

I think many people were/are as confused as I was about the installation process on moddb or twcenter.

Under the assumption that v3.06b was the last official standalone version of the game and that is all you required. What also led to this assumption is that v3.05 is not mentioned explicitly as the first step of installation instructions. The file is also nowhere to be seen when I look on files to download on the moddb page.

I tried it, and spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. Then I found out you need to install v.3.05 first and then v.3.06 afterwards and then the mod works fine.

I dont think this was made clear enough on moddb or here on twcenter install instructions, and it caused a lot of frustration, a lot of time, energy and confusion in trying different things unnecessarily to get the mod to stop crashing on the first battle loading turn..

Please can whoever is in charge of things, edit the install instructions here and for moddb, so other people dont have the same issues and frustrations that I have spent hours going through. Thanks..

It should be at the top of the page.

And whenever it says Kingdoms is needed. Many people will assume it means, Kingdoms expansion pack (britannia, americas, teutonic..etc) for Mtw2 is needed. That language should also have been made clearer. As that also created confusion, and people wont understand it means Kingdoms as in The Last 'Kingdom' v3.05
    Last edited by ArcadeGames; May 03, 2023 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeGames View Post
    I think many people were/are as confused as I was about the installation process on moddb or twcenter.

Under the assumption that v3.06b was the last official standalone version of the game and that is all you required. What also led to this assumption is that v3.05 is not mentioned explicitly as the first step of installation instructions. The file is also nowhere to be seen when I look on files to download on the moddb page.

I tried it, and spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. Then I found out you need to install v.3.05 first and then v.3.06 afterwards and then the mod works fine.

I dont think this was made clear enough on moddb or here on twcenter install instructions, and it caused a lot of frustration, a lot of time, energy and confusion in trying different things unnecessarily to get the mod to stop crashing on the first battle loading turn..

Please can whoever is in charge of things, edit the install instructions here and for moddb, so other people dont have the same issues and frustrations that I have spent hours going through. Thanks..

It should be at the top of the page.

And whenever it says Kingdoms is needed. Many people will assume it means, Kingdoms expansion pack (britannia, americas, teutonic..etc) for Mtw2 is needed. That language should also have been made clearer. As that also created confusion, and people wont understand it means Kingdoms as in The Last 'Kingdom' v3.05
    Where can I download 3.05 files???

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    Where can I download 3.05 files???
    Hi . I just downloaded it a few hours ago but cant remember lol.. short term memory issues and so exhausted and tired from trying to get it to work .

Its included in one of the v3.06 zipped file downloads. which contains 305 306 and then there was some other fix included . I tested it and it worked fine.

I tried downloading through torrent, but no seeds so it didnt download. I think i tried downloading this one here-

On the first page of this thread download 'REGULAR DOWNLOAD' .

And then you follow step by step process - read the readme file that it contains. But if im wrong and thats not the one I got , then it must be the one I got from moddb. I cant remember exactly Im very sorry .

I managed to find the install instructions hidden away also on moddb - (Kingdoms expansion 1.05 means the last kingdom v1.05 btw.. ) - here -> https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-...ctions-for-tlk

Installation Instructions:

Kingdoms expansion 1.05 is needed.

1. Download « Last_Kingdom.7z » here : Moddb.com
    2. Open « Last_Kingdom.7z » with Winrar and extract all the files into your desktop
    3. Then launch mod installation by double-clicking onr « Last Kingdom 3.05.exe ». Do not worry about files « Last Kingdom 3.05.DO1 » and « Last Kingdom 3.05.DO2 ». By sure to install the mod into your repertory « Medieval II Total War ».
    4. Then, launch Patch installation by double-clicking on « Last Kingdom Patch 3.06.exe ». By sure to install the mod into your repertory « Medieval II Total War ».
    5. Then, open archive « 20121109 - tlK - historic_event - quick fix.zip » with Winrar and extract the two files into « Medieval II Total War/mods/Last_Kingdom/data/text ».
    6. Play with the new shortcut that the installer has created automatically on your desktop.

This version was stable and playable for me.

But afterwards i saw there was an unofficial version that had more 'fixes' so i did decide to also install that after, as i want as few old version errors and crashes as possible, so i will be testing v4.0 out.

If it doesnt work out, ill have to reinstall v.305 and v306 all over again i guess..

Then I installed v4.0 on top of it and it worked fine (so far...) so i hope that's stable too and i run into no issues, i dont have much memory left on computer with all the dif mods i have installed and play . so have to delete the install zip files each time and re-download from scratch if i ever have a problem.. problem is i cant remember each time i re-download how to do it and run into the same problems over and over hahaha xD
    sigh..

But i hope i helped a little .

Blog Entries

You could simply use the downloads provided in the first post and follow their instructions:

Quote Originally Posted by 3.06 full version
    This download contains the basic installation, patch 3.06 plus the quick fix. Underneath the version history:
    Version 3.06b (10th July 2015)
    - merged all previous installation and patches
    - corrected numerous formatting errors in txt files
    - made mod steam compatible
    Version 3.06a (24th November 2012)
    - corrected error in historic_events

Simply download and run it. The installer is in one file, no confusion here - simply follow instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.0 version
    Requirements:
    - Medieval II Total War with Kingdoms expansion with the newest patch (1.05 game version, eg 'kingdoms' expansion for disk or Steam - Gig)
    - The Last Kingdom 3.06b version.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xta1q42msbnvvcx/tLK+3.06b+to+4.0+patch.exe

Installation: download the 4.0 patch and install it over the clean, non modified 3.06b version of The Last Kingdom. During the installation confirm the removal of the text, sounds and rwm files.

You could simply use the downloads provided in the first post and follow their instructions
    Thank you, I did it like this. BUT, I have this description display bug: https://i.ibb.co/4VGmpdF/0001.png
    How do I go about fixing it?