Thread: Weather Effects for Matchmaking

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon3 Weather Effects for Matchmaking

Hi all,

I think its about time we saw CA bring all their weather/climate innovations into the Matchmaking. Most of us multiplayer players miss out on a feature that would add a lot more uniqueness and excitement to our battles.

I understand that certain weather types can render some units usless (e.g. Rain makes Matchlocks slower at reloading and much more inaccurate), however I think in this resepect CA should sacrifice realism for eye candy. Why not implement weather and climate into Matchmaking but make it NOT affect unit performance, just so we can experience these more scenic and unique battles.

People themselves have said that CA anyway doesn't fully live up to the realism of battles so perhaps making this alteration wouldn't be too radical or out of character for the community - it would certainly improve the battle experience!

What do you think?

Evan

Default Re: Weather Effects for Matchmaking

While weather effects can make the battle more atmospheric sometimes, I personally don't think it'd be worth it to put it in merely for the sake of eye candy with graphics performance at stake.

I'd prefer that it has the current effects on units and mechanics, and in that case, I wouldn't mind it being added in for more gameplay variation.

Indeed, what is wrong with having the weather actually take an effect on units.
    May be good though, tho ensure the player knows what weather to expect, and so be able to adjust his army accordingly.

But those who want to claim that they are the best players, should be able to adjust to anything - not just do battles in the sunshine

i think they should include weather and it's affects on units.

Perhaps they should also make it so snow and rain slows down movement speed, so that even though firearrows can't be used on obws and there is limited range..... melee units are also slowed down.. so weather wont mean that you must melee ball.

A rainy battle is a pain for my eyes, I feel Epileptic when I see all the rain drops on my screen. Weather is cool but well, I don't appreciate the effect that much. But well, when I play a battle with snow on the ground during the night, it's pretty cool.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

some of the weather can be annoying, i think clear spring days should still be the main weather setting, and then maybe like once every 6 or 7 games it should throw in a foggy or a rainy or something.

and have it report correctly on the screen, i hate seeing key buildings checked and then in battle, there not there.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

ought to fix the "unit sizes" display while theyre at it.

All this stuff impacts your army composition decisions, it needs to be shown correctly.

Before enabling more stuff they should fix other things that are buggered - thats a whole patch or twos work right there!