Thread: Fix for MP Head-to-head campaign Shogunate problem

Default Fix for MP Head-to-head campaign Shogunate problem

I don't know if this affects anyone other than me, but we had an issue right around 100 in an MP head to head campaign. We'd been religiously saving and sending the save to the other side and had avoided most de-sync issues - only a couple reloads and we never had to go back more than a turn. My side (Shimazu) had taken Kyoto three turns previously, and when the turn was supposed to roll over and congratulate me on becoming Shogun, instead the clan indicator continued to read 'Wako pirates,' but it came up with the news list, construction report, etc -- though no movie saying 'yay you're shogun now.' Also, when I went to move the mouse, graphical corruption started happening all over the place, and the game became unplayable.

We went back a few turns, but it continued to happen on the 4th turn after taking Kyoto. This did not happen in a cooperative campaign (which was with 1.0, though) nor does it happen in single-player -- there are no video driver issues.

I was able to work around the problem by quiicksaving right at the beginning of the 4th turn (even with the graphical artifacts), quitting to the main menu, and then resuming from that quicksave. We were able to play to completion.

Default Re: Fix for MP Head-to-head campaign Shogunate problem

i would see about replacing your graphics card since it is artifacting.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

As I said, this is not a video driver issue or a graphics card issue (and for what it's worth, I tried two separate computers with two separate cards). The problem is that the 'you're Shogun now' video doesn't play and things get screwy. Every other video plays and that video still plays correctly in single-player (and in coop, at least back in 1.0).

i never said shogun2 was causing your video card to blow up, your card is about to blow up for other reason. So both video cards had artifacting?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

One is a brand new card, and it works perfectly - even in Shogun. The artifacting only occurs under these very specific circumstances - 4th turn after Kyoto, MP head to head. If it were hardware, then it's be either consistent elsewhere in the game, or at least more random than 'only under this one condition.'

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

It sounds like Napoleon all over, again. Going through the maps with the same settings with no problems. Hit one map and all Hell broke loose. The only answer was the map was more graphic intense and many had to lower their settings to fight on it.